NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• ackvt
  • 10-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Shit, I forgot how these guys came up of the name as well.

The only guy playing shittier than Dopey right now is this man

Originally Posted by TheDon
That was right before he chewed the coaches face off for making a stupid call. Or for telling him to stop smoking dope... either way really.
I tagged him with Dopey many moons ago. It was a combination of his Dopey ass look and his slow mentality and slow release of the ball. His slow ass footwork also contributed. I hate that all of his throws are late because he does not have a quick release or quick clock in his head.

I have a knack for nicknaming mfers!!

I still like Dopey, he is a good guy, good leader, but he is just too slow all the way around to be a quality QB. He just isn't a playmaker.

God I hope we beat the Rams. Fisher vs Kubes is a mismatch. Rams can't stop the run, I expect an extra heavy dose of the run game. Fisher will know it's coming however. Fisher always tries to stop the run first.
[QUOTE=Daddio;1054195370]I , I expect an extra heavy dose of the run game. QUOTE]

Knowing Kubiak it will probably be quick outs and roll outs exclusivly. He and Schaub hate being shown up, no way they are going to let Eli Manning pass them up for the interception machine.award.
Case Keenum will NEVER be the long term answer at QB. He MIGHT get to start a game this year toward the end. Next year the team will draft a QB in the first round and he will be given the starting job and that will be that. Originally Posted by BigLouie
The problem is that you just don't know. You have an opinion, fine. but I can imagine other people having exactly the same opinion about the rookie Tom Brady, or that Arena Leauge guy Kurt Warner.

We just don't know about guys till they get a chance to play.
What is amazing is all the qbs from the 2004 draft. The big three Roethlisberger, Manning and Rivers, have a combined team record of 2 -13 so far this year. Schaub was also in that draft, so 4-16 if you add his record. All four are in the top 9 of ints for the year so far.

Though statistically Rivers is having a good year by whatever QBR means. It ranks Rivers as second best qb in nfl (better than Drew Brees -wtf), so it is clearly too smert of a concept for someone like me to understand.
I could be wrong but, QBR doesn't factor in whether a QB's team actually wins or loses....
The problem is that you just don't know. You have an opinion, fine. but I can imagine other people having exactly the same opinion about the rookie Tom Brady, or that Arena Leauge guy Kurt Warner.

We just don't know about guys till they get a chance to play. Originally Posted by spear88
Brady played at a big time school, the only other UH guy in the league recently that is a QB was Kolb, and he Fucking sucked. Maybe Keenum would be better, but there is little to no chance we will find out.

I could be wrong but, QBR doesn't factor in whether a QB's team actually wins or loses.... Originally Posted by DickEmDown
QBR was just a colossal failure by ESPN....
The only way a different QB gets his chance is if Schaub gets injured (PLEASE do not openly root for that, much as you may hate the guy). That's how both Brady and Warner got in the door along with All-NFL-Ugly Colon Krapernick just last year!

...and thanks, Daddio, for the Dopey explanation - I suspected as much!
  • Satin
  • 10-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Ding, ding, ding we have a winner!! Solemate, your post is spot on bro.

Speaking of winners...DED you've been a bit quite my brother . Any reason? Anything to do with 0-4? Did I not tell you again this year publicly your Shittsburgh Steelers would suck again and not sniff the playoffs?

We can go ahead and do this to your boys....

So Daddio since they're having the breast cancer awareness stuff at the stadium this Sunday, when Dopey sucks will you put a pink bag over your head?
Satin....I am highly honored to be dubbed a Winner by you! I am on a role: Just this morning took 2nd place in a Tulsa 5K race, antique division 65-69! The Blue pill vitamin gets no credit for that effort! Go Horns - Beat OU!!
I am a big supporter of NFL titty awareness month. I like titties a lot. The pink uniforms are bullshit. I like the pink cheerleader outfits. Pink = Snatch.

I only have paper bags for my head. One for Kubes and one for Dopey!!!
You are one funny MF, Daddio! Pink = snatch! What a fertile - did not say polluted - mind!
Games starts in under 1hr 30mins. Is there anywhere I can place a bet that Kubes will only let Dopey pass the ball 15> times.

*Also the evil in my is starting to want to see the Rams win on a last second FG just for the entertainment value.*
  • Trey
  • 10-13-2013, 09:55 AM
I know what you mean I kinda want to see Matt feed the D another pick six burger.
Case's real problem is Kubiak. No way he bypasses Yates to start Case. If Matt stumbles he will play Yates until he totally fails. Then and only then will Kubiak give Case a chance.

Everyone seems to forget that Case was not draft and so far NO ONE has shown the slightest interest in him and he is stuck being 3rd string. This all adds up to people not thinking much of him.