Cowboy season predictions

Thanx daty/o. I had a concession speech just in case, but I knew in my heart we could do it. I'm happy Demarcus Ware finally got the ring he derserved. I'm glad Peyton went out on top. Wade Phillip's defensive game deserves reconition. Von Miller is a BEAST. CJ Anderson got it going on. Top of the world!!
I didn't think Wade had it in him, but the defense was clearly a deciding factor in the win. And I agree; I could not be happier for Ware.

and if you're through with him, can we have him back now please.
Obviously, bitter sweet for Cowboy Fans.....Ware gets a ring and we're thrilled for him, of course. And happy for aged Peyton, who gets his second ring (to match that over-rated little bother of his). Cool thing...Peyton becomes first qb to win a Super Bowl for two different franchises. Took 50 years for that to happen....might be another fifty before we see that happen again....

Anyways, looking ahead to 2016 season....what's a huge need for Dallas going into next year (other than a healthy signal caller?)....a speed / edge pass rusher, of course (guess we had a good one before Jerry / Stephen decided he was too expensive to resign a cpl yrs ago....)

Sooooo, that said.....is there a potential 22 - 23 year old DeMarcus Ware waiting for Da Boys with pick #4? Personally, I'm just not sold on any of these so-called top level college qb's entering this upcoming draft (with a pick that high). I think you need to get a total defensive stud with a pick in the top five....a true game-changer.

Unless, of course, you are absolutely certain Jared Goff or Carson Wentz is the next coming of Manning / Brady.
I say go after the North Dakota State QB. They won't tho. The guy knows what it takes to win the big ones, something Romo will never have.

I listened to a Romo interview, him saying how strong and healthy he is. BS. It takes a few years for a drafted QB to shine in the NFL. For the Cowboys, a few years was several years back. They're FUCKED if (when) Romo goes down again.
A strong defense is what we need.

Don't think any of these qbs in this draft are can't miss prospects. If they are then definitely need to pick them up this year because we will never be this high again.

But we saw what a strong defense can do for you Sunday.

Pick up rg3 as insurance on the cheap and go with romo for the next 3 years until rg3 is ready.
Good players like Von miller and talib can make coaches look like geniuses.

I didn't think Wade had it in him, but the defense was clearly a deciding factor in the win. And I agree; I could not be happier for Ware.

and if you're through with him, can we have him back now please. Originally Posted by daty/o
Another N F L season, another Super Bowl in the books now. Will Peyton ride off into the sunset and prepare for HOF glory in another 5 years? Maybe. With the issues of his escapades back at good ol' Rocky Top bubbling up once again, he may decide it's time to kick back and fade away from the public eye for a while....we'll see, huh?

In the meantime...The NFL Combine is taking place in Indy this week with prospects showing off their wares for their future employers.

Dallas continues to smoke screen the competition with this so-called love affair for QB Carson Wentz. Not sure if Cleveland (who picks second) is buying it. They, too, want a QB (replace Johnny Boy) and may have their sites clearly set on Goff (who I believe Dallas actually covets over CW). Goff is smart, has quick feet, is nimble in the pocket and has a really nice arm (not a rocket launcher...but is extremely accurate.) In essence, he's a Romo starter kit.

That said...IMHO, Dallas should actually be preparing to bolster their still mediocre defense with this upcoming draft.....it is heavy with the some of the most talented D-lineman in many years. If the Cowboys can trade down (from the 4th spot) for a mid-late first and pick up one, maybe two additional seconds; I think that would be a better option for them.

The recent issue with their prized rookie (Randy Gregory, failed drug test) and DeMarcus Lawrence's off season back surgery (not to mention letting Greg Hardy go back into the free agent pool again) demands that Dallas put emphasis on the defensive side of the ball; especially the line. Elway sharpened his defense in the off season last year and it won Denver it's 3rd Lombardi last month. The Jones Family should take note that protecting an aging QB with a rock solid D might just be the ticket.