Trump made us No. 1 — in the spread of a deadly disease

I’ll just drop this right here

President Trump wants to be a wartime president. However, any rally 'round the flag phenomenon seems short-lived. (Morning Consult, the latest poll to demonstrate this, shows Trump down 13 points in net approval since March 20.) By contrast, former vice president Joe Biden is holding up well, despite (or is it because of?) the enormous imbalance in coverage between him and the president.

In the key swing state of Florida, the University of North Florida poll shows Biden winning by a 46 to 40 percent margin over Trump. What is stunning is not the margin but the percentage for Trump. (Anything under 50 percent traditionally signals trouble for an incumbent). “The poll shows 45% strongly or somewhat approve of the job Trump is doing to address the pandemic, with 53% disapproving. … Trust in Trump is notably lagging, with 41% trusting and 58% not trusting his information about the virus.”)
Full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic

On a national basis, the picture is not much brighter for Trump. According to the IBD/TIPP poll, “Likely Democratic nominee Joe Biden saw his lead on Donald Trump widening in the latest poll, even as the number who said they would vote for him dipped slightly. In total, 47% said they would vote for Biden, while just 41% said they would vote for Trump.” Biden’s position has improved since March when he was leading by just three points. Once again, an incumbent president who draws only 41 percent in the midst of a national crisis appears rather weak. (Biden, incidentally, crushes Sen. Bernie Sanders by a 62 percent to 30 percent margin among Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents, one more sign that the Vermont senator has no path to the nomination.)

The end is near for the fat lying bastard Originally Posted by Jaxson66

Looks like CJ7 is back. Do y'all remember him?

Stupid as fuck...
Looks like CJ7 is back. Do y'all remember him?

Stupid as fuck... Originally Posted by Redhot1960
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...r-his-numbers/
Trade Adviser Warned White House in January of Risks of a Pandemic

A memo from Peter Navarro is the most direct warning known to have circulated at a key moment among top administration officials.

A top White House adviser starkly warned Trump administration officials in late January that the coronavirus crisis could cost the United States trillions of dollars and put millions of Americans at risk of illness or death.

The warning, written in a memo by Peter Navarro, President Trump’s trade adviser, is the highest-level alert known to have circulated inside the West Wing as the administration was taking its first substantive steps to confront a crisis that had already consumed China’s leaders and would go on to upend life in Europe and the United States.

In one worst-case scenario cited in the memo, more than a half-million Americans could die.

A second memo that Mr. Navarro wrote, dated Feb. 23, warned of an “increasing probability of a full-blown COVID-19 pandemic that could infect as many as 100 million Americans, with a loss of life of as many as 1.2 million souls.”

At that time, Mr. Trump was still downplaying the threat of the virus. The administration was considering asking Congress for more money to address the situation, and the second memo, which circulated around the West Wing and was obtained by The Times, urged an immediate supplemental spending appropriation from Congress of at least $3 billion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/u...ronavirus.html

That fat lying bastard owns the death toll lock, stock, and barrel. Originally Posted by Jaxson66
Trump says he never saw memo from trade adviser warning of global pandemic

President Trump said he never saw or requested the memo written by White House trade adviser Peter Navarro in January that warned of a possible pandemic.

“I heard he wrote some memos talking about a pandemic,” he said during the daily White House coronavirus briefing. “I didn’t see them, I didn’t look for it, either.”
Trump said he asked Navarro on Tuesday whether he had written a memo but did not ask to see it. Trump said Navarro told him that the memo raised the possibility of a pandemic.

“Nobody said it’s going to happen,” Trump said.
When it was pointed out to Trump that the president was downplaying the seriousness of the virus when Navarro wrote the memo, Trump said he has to be the country’s “cheerleader.”

“I don’t want to create havoc and shock and everything else,” he said. “I’m not going to go out and start screaming, ‘This could happen! This could happen!’ ”
Trump said that had he seen the memo back then, he would have taken the same course of action, which was to limit travel from China into the United States.

“I basically did what the memo said,” Trump said. “And the memo was, you know, the memo was a pretty good memo from the standpoint that he took — I guess, I didn’t see it yet.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ZBVDBCDQFC7BPQ

The fat lying bastard is looking for someone to blame for his incompetence. How in hell would he not be holding meetings with Navarro, isn’t that the fat lying bastards China expert.
Trump says he never saw memo from trade adviser warning of global pandemic

President Trump said he never saw or requested the memo written by White House trade adviser Peter Navarro in January that warned of a possible pandemic.

“I heard he wrote some memos talking about a pandemic,” he said during the daily White House coronavirus briefing. “I didn’t see them, I didn’t look for it, either.”
Trump said he asked Navarro on Tuesday whether he had written a memo but did not ask to see it. Trump said Navarro told him that the memo raised the possibility of a pandemic.

“Nobody said it’s going to happen,” Trump said.
When it was pointed out to Trump that the president was downplaying the seriousness of the virus when Navarro wrote the memo, Trump said he has to be the country’s “cheerleader.”

“I don’t want to create havoc and shock and everything else,” he said. “I’m not going to go out and start screaming, ‘This could happen! This could happen!’ ”
Trump said that had he seen the memo back then, he would have taken the same course of action, which was to limit travel from China into the United States.

“I basically did what the memo said,” Trump said. “And the memo was, you know, the memo was a pretty good memo from the standpoint that he took — I guess, I didn’t see it yet.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ZBVDBCDQFC7BPQ

The fat lying bastard is looking for someone to blame for his incompetence. How in hell would he not be holding meetings with Navarro, isn’t that the fat lying bastards China expert. Originally Posted by Jaxson66
That's pretty fucking funny Jax. Why would he be meeting with a trade and manufacturing advisor regarding anything medical related? And why would he take and completely run with anything medically related presented to him by an economist?

You TDS'ers would have laughed and berated Trump for taking that advice. Admit it.
Acting Navy secretary resigns after insulting aircraft carrier’s ousted captain

Acting Navy secretary Thomas Modly resigned Tuesday after drawing condemnation for insulting the commanding officer of an aircraft carrier who was fired for writing a letter of concern about the service’s handling of a coronavirus outbreak aboard his vessel.

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper, who accepted Modly’s resignation, said in a memo that he had “the greatest respect for anyone who serves our country, and who places the greater good above all else.”

“Secretary Modly did that today, and I wish him all the best,” Esper said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...8f8_story.html

The number of the Roosevelt crew who have tested positive for COVID is now 300. Trump’s piss boy should be handed over to the crew for and old fashioned Keel Haul from bow to stern.
  • oeb11
  • 04-08-2020, 08:36 AM
Poor j666 - how barren a life limited to WaPo and NYT DPST propaganda.

get some professional help, j666 - and learn the concept of "FACTS"!
..."Trump won the Nov 2016 election ..." Originally Posted by oeb11

Balderdash! I saw the poles on election day. No way TRUMP was going to win in 2016!
Besides, if he had become GEPOTUS, we would have had a nationwide outbreak of TDS

• oeb11
  • 04-08-2020, 08:41 AM
WYID - To this day H.... maintains it won the election.

And the following minions accept the pronouncements from DPST's on high without a critical evaluative thought in their little pea-brains.

Orwellian.
WYID - To this day H.... maintains it won the election.. Originally Posted by oeb11
What Happened.

Ya know what? Somebody should write a book about that. I would suspect there must be a whole lot of external blame to spread about 2 feet thick. Yet curiously sad and pathetic.
  • oeb11
  • 04-08-2020, 09:13 AM
H..... to this day refuses to accept that the loss, or any personal responsibility for the outcome.

Sounds family?
Borderline personality disorder - or degenerated into frank psychosis/ psychopath/sociopath.
But, but, but Hillary! squeal the fat lying bastards piss boys, squealing like a piglet being castrated.

get some professional help, j666 - and learn the concept of "FACTS"! Originally Posted by oeb11
I suppose you’d have the fat lying bastard give his piss boy Mobley a freedom medal at the next COVID clown show?

So, where did you get your medical degree...trump university?
I suppose you’d have the fat lying bastard give his piss boy Mobley a freedom medal at the next COVID clown show?

So, where did you get your medical degree...trump university? Originally Posted by Jaxson66
  • oeb11
  • 04-08-2020, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11

get some professional help, j666 - and learn the concept of "FACTS"!

J666 - I suppose you’d have the fat lying bastard give his piss boy Mobley a freedom medal at the next COVID clown show?

So, where did you get your medical degree...trump university?

Suppositions- are just that - with no "FACTS" behind them - just as are your propaganda replication posts.

Thank You - J666 - please get some professional help.

Reality awaits U!