NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Y'all motherfuckers tripping, we have the 5th pick in the draft the way it stands. We did EXACTLY what we needed to do today.

1. Feed the ball to Dre to benefit my fantasy team
2. Lose

Mariota, Bridgewater, Manziel, 'Nuff said.
  • Satin
  • 11-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Lmmfao Don....

Good post 69Mustang....
We will basically be getting Case Keenum on steroids with one of the guys I mentioned.

On top of that, we can trade Keenum to a team that needs a starting QB and can get another high pick, Clowney maybe? Heh he'll probably be gone but we could get a CJ Mosely type dude.

A few thoughts:

1. Does Bob McNair know enough about football yet to understand that he needs to clean house if he wants to get better. If he stays with status quo the Texans will always just make the playoffs or just miss it. If it were me I would hire Ted Thompson away from the Packers and give him total control of the football operations.
2. The Texans draft safe players, not necessarily play makers. I remember a story about the draft and Bob McNair. During the first year or so the team was in existence the staff went over the draft with McNair. He nit picked everyone to such as extent that NO ONE was left to draft.
3. At the very least the Special Team coach, Kubiak and Wade have to go. Nothing they are doing works. Our line can't block simple plays, our defense can't cover. High School simple plays total confuse both the offense and defense. That is on the coaching staff.
4. The way Case cannot handle or pick up the blitz is of great concern and may point that we do need to draft a QB.
5. I know a lot of people are going to suggest or demand Gruden. Please don't. He actually has a terrible record with QBs and the fact that after all these years he is still in the booth should tell you something.
6. Hopefully we finish terrible, get some new people in the front office and draft some play makers. We could actually be pretty good next year.
Louie is on board.

Now just need to get the rest of you fucks on hope on...
I also remember him going as far as to refer to him as his "brother in law"...don't see that anymore either. I wonder why... Originally Posted by Satin
As I recall, it was you who made the wild accusation that I must be fucking Schaub's sister. Hell, that accusation was about as accurate as the rest of your crazy proclamations! Hell, I don't know (or care) if the guy even has a sister. But if you want to speculate that I must be fucking Schaub's sis, be my guest!

As it relates to the reasons I felt Schaub was (emphasis on WAS) a top 10 qb during the 2011 and the first 10-12 games of the 2012 seasons. He did what a top 10 qb is supposed to do. He led his team to wins. As far as I am concerned, it's all about the wins! There is no denying that over a 17 game stretch during those two seasons, the Texans had the best regular season record in the NFL (16-1). During that span, Schaub was regularly passing for 4000 yards per year and had a qb rating that was consistently in the mid to upper 90's. I can't speak for Satin but from my perspective, that is worthy of top 10 consideration. At least for that particular period of time.

On the other hand, Satin was very quick to jump on the TJ Yates bandwagon after Schaub's 2011 season ending injury. He even went as far to proudly proclaim on these pages that the Texans finally had a quarterback. How did that work out for you, Bro?

TJ YATES BABY!!! 300 YARDS PASSING, GAME WINNING TD

Any questions BT??? We finally got a winning QB!!! Wow!!!
Originally Posted by Satin
Truthfully, that worked out about the same way that Satin's bold prediction that KJ should have been cut after the 2011 season.

As for Schaub, I apparently was not alone. Former NFL QB and ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski also felt Schaub was a top 10 qb.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/7/...l-quarterbacks

Perhaps Satin needs to rag on Jaws for a while!

Just sayin'
I could put Jeffrey Dahmer in the Top Ten Bizarre Foods Critics list if I got to selectively look at a certain limited time period and only the references I wanted to...doesn't make it right...
I could put Jeffrey Dahmer in the Top Ten Bizarre Foods Critics list if I got to selectively look at a certain limited time period and only the references I wanted to...doesn't make it right... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
I wear Satin's criticism of me for disagreeing with his biased opinion on all things NFL as a badge of honor!

==============================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin
TJ YATES BABY!!! 300 YARDS PASSING, GAME WINNING TD

Any questions BT??? We finally got a winning QB!!! Wow!!!

==============================

Absofukinlutely priceless!
  • Satin
  • 11-11-2013, 03:12 PM
BT, you can rant and rave all you want big fella....it just makes you look more foolish when we all know you were the only one ranting and raving about Dopey. But now he's just a over priced back-up like he should have been all along when we got him as a back up behind Michael Vick. All your slick and stupid talking will not overlook the fact that you were constantly sucking Dopey's nut-sack, but we are all thrilled we don't have to listen to your bullshit anymore about him.

I can go back and pull up stuff too..but I choose not to cause its pointless. The only point is now you can STFU about Dopey! That's all we care about...you got it Big Man?

How did Dopey work out for you Big Man???!!
How did Dopey work out for you Big Man???!! Originally Posted by Satin
Much better than TJ (aka "We finally got a winning QB!!! Wow!!!") worked out for you!
I just realized that my Steelers, who are having a terrible year, actually have a better record than the "SuperBowl Bound" Texans......cool
I just realized that my Steelers, who are having a terrible year, actually have a better record than the "SuperBowl Bound" Texans......cool Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Never in my wildest dreams did I believe the Texans would be 2-7.
  • Seedy
  • 11-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey bt, you going to invest in dopey's new company? I heard it will be a toothpick operation, with all the splinters he will be pulling out of his ass, it is a no brainer. Lmfao
Hey bt, you going to invest in dopey's new company? Originally Posted by seedman55
Nope, I am hopeful that my Case stock will soon pay big dividends!

Win or lose, I'm still a Htown sports fan! (With that said, I prefer the former, not the latter!)
Hey bt, you going to invest in dopey's new company? I heard it will be a toothpick operation, with all the splinters he will be pulling out of his ass, it is a no brainer. Lmfao Originally Posted by seedman55
LMMFAO!!

Now thats funny right there...you old coot!!