NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

A question for all you gents who have lived or died over the years - decades, really: Which of the TWO is the most difficult (bitter pill to swallow)? (1) The dismal performance of the Texans this year, given all of the hopes and expectations when the season started...OR....(2) That playoff loss of so many years ago at the hands of the Buffalo Bills? I am not a historian but I want to say it was almost 20 years ago, your team then was the Oilers with Warren Moon as your QB and it seems like Houston had a lead of around 30 some points and the Bills came back and won!

If I were a Houstonian in heart and spirit, for me it would be the epic collapse in that playoff game! Also, if someone can fill in the gaps that exist in my memory, like what year it was and the exact point differential that was overcome....It should be interesting to hear from the pigskin brethren in Houston! (Sorry I do not know how to set up a poll).
The problem with McNair is that he is not a "football guy", has no history in the league. He just had enough money to get a team. If you notice the most successful teams are one where the sons grew up in the sport and learned how to judge talent and success. There are no "football guys" high up in the organization. McNair needs a "football guy" running things. Rick Smith is not it. He is still learning and is doing a piss poor job on the lower rounds of the draft.
oh....that Bills/Oilers game: I think that a berth in the Super Bowl was at stake, but I might be wrong on that...
Nope, it was not the conference championship.
oh....that Bills/Oilers game: I think that a berth in the Super Bowl was at stake, but I might be wrong on that... Originally Posted by Solemate62
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Com...rican_football)
If you want to know what is wrong with the Texans....it's a long list

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/11/...tt-gary-kubiak
There's still no one on here that is still rooting for us to win, right?

Hope most of y'all dudes are on board, we've been in tank mode for the last few weeks, but we got to keep it up. We're double digit favorites tomorrow against a very bad Jags team, but I think it should be a close game. and I think they are a lot more physical than we are on both the O-line and D-line, so hopefully they can pressure us enough to force some turnovers and get the the win. I'm sure those players will want it more than we do. What scares me though is there lack of play makers on offense, but without Kareem playing for us, they should have some chances going down the field against our mediocre secondary.

I'm not gonna make a pick, but I will say that we are favored by too much.
Agree with the Don: Based on this season's history, a double digit point spread is fucking insane IMO!
I was thinking "Gee I hope the Jaguars win so we can get a number one pick. But I really don't have to wish, I really think they are capable of losing to Jacksonville.

I hope we can tell if Keenum is good enough to be a starter after this season. because it would be a shame to have to waste your first pick on another QB, knowing that it is never a sure thing that they can make the transition. I would rather pick up Jedavion Clowney, another CB or LB in the second, and then draft a QB to compete with case in the third. And in Free agency and the rest of the draft they need to shore up offensive line.
There's still no one on here that is still rooting for us to win, right? Originally Posted by TheDon
I might be the only one who feels this way but I still want the Texans to win! I am a Houston fan minus the fair-weather label.

As for the number 1 pick in the draft. I will worry about our draft position when the season ends. If it happens to be the #1 pick, the #15 pick (or somewhere in between) than so be it!

Go Texans!
BTW
JAX- 07
HOU- 00

Jax scored on their opening drive. Coverage completely screwed the pooch on a slant pass. MJD finished it off with a 1yd TD run.

Hou.... 3 & out.

*edit. 12:28pm
Hou.... 2 straight 3 & outs.

*edit. 12:40pm
End of the 1st qtr
Jax. 7
Hou. O

You had nothing but 3 & outd
Spear88, without taking up space quoting all of what you suggest, with QBs going down so quickly with a torn up knee (maybe a collarbone broken), If Kennum is very 'decent', no harm is done by drafting a high caliber QB, IF one is available....Many, Many IFs!

DG, Please post the score and highlights as often as you can. In my area I get the Chiefs on one channel (NBC) and on the Fox network I am subjected to the Panthers/Dolphins game.....Sux!
We are paying real bad. No one can get open and we can't defend the pass
This is bullshit they don't care anymore getting pushed around by Jacksonville
JAX- 10
HOU- 00

*MJD had a 44yds run to setup for FG.

*edit.... 1:10pm
Hou has 4 consecutive 3 & outs.
Half way thru 2nd qtr & Henne already has 150yds passing.
JJ Watt has 1 sack.

*edit. 1:22pm
JAX- 10
HOU- 03

*Bullock 49yds FG.
Up til then Case last 8 drives ended in a punt. 7 of those were 3 & outs.