NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

A man has got to know his limitations, and I hope Wade does and does not get all butt hurt if he is offered the opportunity to continue as defensive coordinator under a new head coach next year.

Gruden?

Lovie Smith?

Bill Cowher?

Jimmy Johnson?

It will be interesting..............espec ially if the Redskins get crossways with Mike Shanahan and be goes looking for a new home. Originally Posted by O'Mike
I fixed it for you.
Of those listed only Lovie has a chance. Cowher is too old and had been out too long. Same with Jimmy. Gruden wants total control on 52 man roster and with Rick Smith now with more power than ever it ain't going to happen. Lovie and the coach at Penn St are only ones who fit requirements and are any good
I'm not fathoming the thinking that Lovie is such a great choice so if anyone can fill me in I am always open to learning something new....thanks!
Ok then, do you think that the choice was made on Thursday so as to open it up all the college coaches?

I would think that with the 'Win Now' attitude, they would want an experienced NFL head coach. However the timing suggests that they wanted the college coaches in play. Not saying that they can't win now in the NFL (Chip Kelly is doing ok) but I am thinking they want a proven head coach.

I also don't think that 56 is too old for a head coach.

If you don't like Jon, how about Jay Gruden? He interviewed for three head coaching jobs last year and is an offensive minded coach, so that might fit the need.
The Sarkisian guy sucked at Washington. I don't blame Orageron for being pissed he pulled the Trojans out of a shitty situation. I think Washington got the better deal getting the Boise guy. The only good thing about USC is Will Ferrell and the big titty cheerleaders and their tight sweaters.
Del Rio? I like the John Gruden with jay Gruden as the O coodinator.
You have to remember what McNair said at the press conference. Someone with NFL experience who had been a head coach. This leaves out a lot if good prospects. Plus with Rick Smith now in firm command you can forget any coach who wants total control.
A college coach won't work . Them muthafuckers have to come off some money stop being cheap
Detroit vs. Philadelphia playing in a blizzard. In the age of domes & retractable roofs, when was the last time we had one of these?

I'll enjoy watching this one.

Also the Chiefs are straight kicking the Redskins' ass in DC in the snow as well.
Rick Smith is still there...so the line on the Texans not choosing a quarterback with their first pick in the draft is -280...
A college coach won't work . Them muthafuckers have to come off some money stop being cheap Originally Posted by jstone420

Yeah, Pete Carroll, Jim harbough, those guys are just some scrubs
  • ness
  • 12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Pete Carroll was the head coach for the Jets and Pats before USC.

Jim Harbaugh is a fairly unique coach IMO. I never thought of him as a college coach even though most of his experience was in college. He was the quarter back coach for the Raiders though. Just the experience of being a quarterback in the NFL does give him a perspective of the differences between the two levels.
The Texans just need someone who can get the most out of the talent they already have and who ever they draft. College or Pro shouldn't matter.