NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The Texans just need someone who can get the most out of the talent they already have and who ever they draft. College or Pro shouldn't matter. Originally Posted by DickEmDown
From afar i will say Matt Schaub will not take you to the promise land even if u get the best from him. Texans should prolly throw in the towel for the rest of the season and draft a new qb. I speak as a die hard cowboys fan who is stuck with Tony Romo.
You do know I'm not a "Texan" fan, huh TD lol

It's a given that Schaub "should be gone" as well lol
NO new coach is going to want to go into next season with the QBs on the team right now. He is going to insist on drafting a QB with the first pick. Case may stick around as backup.
The QB's that are projected to be the high draft picks do not excite me. Looks like we are fucked. Who will be a free agent? Jay Cuntler? Any others?
99.9% sure they don't go with free agent. There is no one with as much upside as Teddy.
Not sold on Teddy, I've seen what Manziel is capable of doing against big time defenses, would much rather go with him.

Wouldn't mind David Carr's younger bro either for what it's worth. That would be something.
  • ness
  • 12-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Ohh hell no we are the Texans! McNair will have whomever draft Derek Carr. You know it's going to happen. After all his big brother has a ring. Originally Posted by ness
Nah, he's gonna take either Mariota. Manziel, or Bridgewater. This is the easiest/safest draft class in a long, long time. Originally Posted by TheDon

Not sold on Teddy, I've seen what Manziel is capable of doing against big time defenses, would much rather go with him.

Wouldn't mind David Carr's younger bro either for what it's worth. That would be something. Originally Posted by TheDon
Still betting they don't take a quarterback with their first pick...
You must like losing if think manziel or derek car will do better than teddy .manziel will do good but teddy is bigger an will have a longer career .
Still betting they don't take a quarterback with their first pick... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
I am inclined to agree with Wakeup. I would not be at all surprised to see the Texans not take a qb with their first pick. But should they do so, I believe they will take Teddy.
You must like losing if think manziel or derek car will do better than teddy .manziel will do good but teddy is bigger an will have a longer career . Originally Posted by jstone420
Do you and the other Teddy nuthuggers even realize who he plays? He has gone up against only ONE top 25 team all year, and the defenses in the AAC are pretty average. I follow this conference, I watched most of the Coogs games this year, it's a pretty weak conference. SEC on the other hand...

As far as size goes, all Manziel (or anyone else his size) has to do is watch Russell Wilson and they'll know how to protect themselves.

And on Derrick Carr goes, if we draft Clowney at one and he's there in the second round, I'd have no problem with it, from everything I hear about people I trust, he seems to be the real deal, haven't seen him much, but he obviously is doing something right to be climbing up the draft board the way that he is.

Who would you rather have? Bradley Buzzcutt?...
Still betting they don't take a quarterback with their first pick... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
That's a bet you would lose.
Big ben an joe flacco played against weak talent in college an see what happen one got two rings an flacco just got his. If you can play you play.
Y'all go ahead and bet against Rick Smith if you want to...I'm betting he does something stupid, like he always does...
The smart thing to do would be to trade that #1 draft pick for several good veteran players.