Texas school shooting

that is the reason unless you can show otherwise. also law enforcement can obtain full auto versions of semi-auto rifles typically not available to the public. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Yeah, usually in the form of the H&K MP-5. Most Departments only have the budget for a few of those for SWAT Officers.
Or the argument could be to stop 18 year old's from buying assault rifles, with hundreds of ammunition rounds on their 18th birthday, when handguns are illegal to purchase before age 21.

You have a lot of faith that Government can stop mass shooters, but they fail almost every time. I know you won't understand when I say ''Government'', because you don't see yourself as one who promotes Government solutions. But you are.

You (the reactionary right) want to PASS A LAW to require teachers to be armed in class, after Government training. Simply speaking, you want Government to stop the bad guy AFTER he begins his rampage. No interest in stopping crime before it starts (right waco? ).

Arm the Teachers. Then what do you do about school doors that don't lock, police that cower, 911 operators that scold callers for whispering? You are so willing to wait until a massacre begins, hoping a few armed Teachers can nuetralize the threat. Which tells me you embrace pie in the sky theory, and have no desire to thwart mass murder before it unfolds. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I don't think that anyone want to require teachers to have a gun. I think the argument is that teachers that want to have one, and are certified, may have one if they want.

In these situations the purpose isn't to become John McClain and retake the school. It's knowing that bad shit is happening, point the gun at a locked door, and bunker down. Handguns on equal grounds don't win against rifles, but this isn't equal. The goal isn't to kill the intruder, it's to keep yourself alive. In order for him to kill you he needs to come through a doorway that you all ready have a gun trained on.
I don't think that anyone want to require teachers to have a gun... Originally Posted by readyd
1st, nobody is or has or would make it a requirement. The question on this is whether they could be allowed to. The simple question on the table would be: Would you rather have the option to have a gun when someone with a gun is coming at you and the children? It is not a rifle versus pistol equation - IMHO.

Are there actually people out there that think a shooter is not going to shoot if the teacher is unarmed? They should be institutionalized.
1st, nobody is or has or would make it a requirement. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
I would. I'd make handgun carry and training an annual requirement of teachers. Don't like it? Learn to code, pink hair.

Barring that, I at least those that want to, to be able to carry on school grounds. Particularly since all of those gun free zone signs have stopped EXACTLY zero school shootings.
I don't think that anyone want to require teachers to have a gun. I think the argument is that teachers that want to have one, and are certified, may have one if they want.

In these situations the purpose isn't to become John McClain and retake the school. It's knowing that bad shit is happening, point the gun at a locked door, and bunker down. Handguns on equal grounds don't win against rifles, but this isn't equal. The goal isn't to kill the intruder, it's to keep yourself alive. In order for him to kill you he needs to come through a doorway that you all ready have a gun trained on. Originally Posted by readyd
You mean Rambo or dirty Harry. John McCain is a pussy.
You mean Rambo or dirty Harry. John McCain is a pussy. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
McCLAIN, dumbass. Die Hard. (Tho in the movie it’s spelled McClane)

I would. I'd make handgun carry and training an annual requirement of teachers. Don't like it? Learn to code, pink hair.

Barring that, I at least those that want to, to be able to carry on school grounds. Particularly since all of those gun free zone signs have stopped EXACTLY zero school shootings. Originally Posted by texassapper
Of course you would, JL.
....those gun free zone signs have stopped EXACTLY zero school shootings. Originally Posted by texassapper
But, but, but those signs only cost $30 a piece. I have a gal cousin that is a third grade teacher and has been for years. She is also CCL and has been for several years. Plus, she doesn't take none too kindly to people threatening her or her children. She should be allowed to carry in a school along with others of similar experience and nature.
I’m pretty sure murder is illegal, didn’t seem to bother the shooter so why would anyone think more laws would.
I’m pretty sure murder is illegal, didn’t seem to bother the shooter so why would anyone think more laws would. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Should anyone have even a nano-second of doubt on extinguishing a murderer of children? I think not!