NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Trading for Ryan would just be a repeat of the Matt Schaub situation. Why trade for someone not good enough to be drafted as a starter. Why not just draft someone as a starter this year and go with it.
Trading for Ryan would just be a repeat of the Matt Schaub situation. Why trade for someone not good enough to be drafted as a starter. Why not just draft someone as a starter this year and go with it. Originally Posted by BigLouie
How many QBs drafted in the first round to be starters failed miserably? How many QBs drafted in later rounds projected as back ups became HOFers? There was this skinny QB from Louiville that the Steelers drafted then cut. Johny Unitas. What a bum.
QB Busts...

QB Steals...
Not all of the above are QB's but there have been fewer "steals" than "busts" since around 2000.

Basically, more teams take "chances" than find "diamonds in the rough". Or scouts have gotten better
QB Busts...

QB Steals...
Not all of the above are QB's but there have been fewer "steals" than "busts" since around 2000.

Basically, more teams take "chances" than find "diamonds in the rough". Or scouts have gotten better Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I think it's a combination of desperation (chances) and luck. (Diamonds) maybe one of the 3 QBs that will be drafted in this years draft will be worth a shit. I'm not sure which one. The one that gets drafted by Oakland will be a bust. Can't succeed there.
How many QBs drafted in the first round to be starters failed miserably? How many QBs drafted in later rounds projected as back ups became HOFers? There was this skinny QB from Louiville that the Steelers drafted then cut. Johny Unitas. What a bum. Originally Posted by bambino
Not a good comparison because back then there were only a third as many teams as there are now. Now if you are the 14th best QB in the league you are pretty good, then you were not on a team.
Not a good comparison because back then there were only a third as many teams as there are now. Now if you are the 14th best QB in the league you are pretty good, then you were not on a team. Originally Posted by BigLouie
There were 14 teams in the 60's. But it's a moot point. Teams made bad decisions on drafting QBs then as they do now. There were less college programs to chose from also. No UCF back then, or AA QBs.
Lots of well known assistants being mentioned by John McClain and Lance Z as coming to Texans
Being reported that Eric Mangini and Mike Munchak are bring interviewed and might end up here
Those would be 2 good hires!!

How do you do a poll of which QB to draft on here?

1. Bortles
2. Bridgewater
3. Manziel
4 Other (McCarron, Boyd, Murray, Carr)

Would one of you smart guys post the poll for me, I only worry about my own pole!! Thanks.

Heard some numbnuts on sportstalk radio the other day say if we don't draft Manziel then the Jags would. Then we would face Luck twice and Manziel twice each year, I didn't like the sound of that!! Made me seriously consider drafting JFF with the 1st pick. Bridgewater or Bortles don't scare me near as much as JFF. Who scares you the most?

1. Bortles
2. Bridgewater
3. Manziel

Would one of you smart guys post the poll for me, I only worry about my own pole!! Thanks.

Heard some numbnuts on sportstalk radio the other day say if we don't draft Manziel then the Jags would. Then we would face Luck twice and Manziel twice each year, I didn't like the sound of that!! Made me seriously consider drafting JFF with the 1st pick. Bridgewater or Bortles don't scare me near as much as JFF. Who scares you the most? Originally Posted by Daddio
Bortles, he's bigger and a dual threat. I don't think Manziel can take an NFL pounding. He's going to change his game. He won't last if he doesn't.

1. Bortles
2. Bridgewater
3. Manziel

Would one of you smart guys post the poll for me, I only worry about my own pole!! Thanks. Originally Posted by Daddio
Just for Daddio...
Dual threat are you serious after one year you fall in love with a dude because he's bigger the only reason you know about him is because Oregon qb stayed in school an a few others .I don't see the texans drafting Johnny anyway needs to grow up a little .You see what he's doing right now partying
The Seahawks QB that is expected to take them to the Super Bowl is same size or smaller as JFF. IMHO Bortles is just Schaub just younger.
The Seahawks QB that is expected to take them to the Super Bowl is same size or smaller as JFF. IMHO Bortles is just Schaub just younger. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Has Schaub run for 90yds in a season let alone a game?
Manziel has shown he has an nfl sized arm. I don't like bortles coming out of no where and it would be an awful choice for him to be first overall. No matter what the pick is, we need a quarterback. I really like Johnny as our 1st pick