NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The Seahawks QB that is expected to take them to the Super Bowl is same size or smaller as JFF. IMHO Bortles is just Schaub just younger. Originally Posted by BigLouie
The Seahawks have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. I like Wilson but he doesn't have to carry the team. Do you think Wilson could take the pounding that Andrew Luck has and Lead Indy to the playoffs 2 consecutive years? I dunno. Doubtful.
Anyone who puts Bortles ahead of Manzell because of size or potential does not fucking know football. It is impossible to tell who will make the transition to the NFL but Manzell has once in a generation athletic ability along with a very high completion rate and a strong down-field arm.

Bortles looks like a lot of other just so-so big guys. He might be good but he is too raw to tell.
I agree
Manziel, once in a generation athletic ability?....

I love JFF as much as anyone, but how many QB's under 6'0 have ever been taken?.... You have to take into account how long he can be durable for. He simply does not have the size that will give him the benefit of the doubt. Bridgwater hardly hast that either, for that matter. Blake Bortles though? He does. I still think he's the lesser of the three, but he would be the safest option. Last QB to be taken #1 was Luck, he's 6'4, before that, Cam, he's 6'5. Bortles is 6'4, the biggest of the bunch. That matters.

If y'all want JFF, they can trade down and still get him. But don't expect him to go number 1, just wouldn't make sense. He's more Mike Vick than Russell Wilson.
Not that I think Manziel will be worth a shit but this guy is pretty short and pretty dam good too.

Brees was taken in the second round.
True but he's still short for an NFL quaterback...lol

I predict a crash and burn for the playboy Manziel wherever he ends up.
Yup, yup. He is short, but he doesn't do much from a mobility standpoint like Johnny tries to do. I see your point though. I think JFF can do pretty well as long as he's in a good system, just like RG3 last year.
Alright you Fuckers, lets get some PICKS IN THIS BITCH

I've got: Seattle, Indy (*upset*), San Fran, San Diego (*Upset*)
Alright you Fuckers, lets get some PICKS IN THIS BITCH

I've got: Seattle, Indy (*upset*), San Fran, San Diego (*Upset*) Originally Posted by TheDon
I'll agree with 3 out of the 4 above....

As much as I HATE the Pats I can't pick against them in this game
I got Seattle, New England, San Francisco, and Denver.
Spear , without throwing in your entire quote I still take Bortels over JFF and it is simply my opinion versus yours and for you to opine that because I do so "I don't know football", I would suggest you are guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct, my friend!! To be concise, I do not choose him just because of his 'size', either!

Sidebar: Saints, Colts, Panthers & Denver
49ers Seattle chargers tom punk ass
Foster's Raw Dawg Side Pussy

Brittany's about to get Paid
Anyone who puts Bortles ahead of Manzell because of size or potential does not fucking know football. It is impossible to tell who will make the transition to the NFL but Manzell has once in a generation athletic ability along with a very high completion rate and a strong down-field arm.

Bortles looks like a lot of other just so-so big guys. He might be good but he is too raw to tell. Originally Posted by spear88
Once in a generation athletic ability? You're joking right? RG3 is bigger, faster, and has a stronger arm than Manziel. Russel Wilson was drafted in baseball. Keapernac was too. Winston is a 2 sport star at FSU. Luck ran a sub 4.6 at the combine. Better athlete than Cam Newton? C'mon man.

BTW, I'll take the 9ers to win it all.