NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Back on the Texans for a minute. Interesting interview with the new coach in the Chron. Seems he is going to make the team physically bigger and faster which is a very good thing. Definitely going to be different from the Kubiak era. His whole attitude points to a better team.
Optimus Prime has a grudge against his former college coach Harbaugh. Originally Posted by gnadfly
If Kaep puts the ball where it should have been, it would have been Sherman that would be watching the SB at home. He knocked down a poor pass, woohoo.
Easier said than done. That pass Kaep threw to Boldin for a TD could have been a pick as well, that's just the type of plays he goes for. Sherman made the play, got to give him credit, there's a reason they hardly went at him throughout the whole game.
...That pass Kaep threw to Boldin for a TD could have been a pick as well, that's just the type of plays he goes for. Originally Posted by TheDon

True...if Earl Thomas III was an inch or two taller, that might have been a pick because he was in position to make a play, he was just too short.

...Sherman made the play, got to give him credit, there's a reason they hardly went at him throughout the whole game. Originally Posted by TheDon
That reason is because.."I'm the best corner in the league" LOL

image.jpg
Yes, he is........and one of the hardest working at mastering his craft.

He will make an excellent coach some day.
Yes, he is........and one of the hardest working at mastering his craft.

He will make an excellent coach some day. Originally Posted by dearhunter
He says he wants to be an analyst, not a coach. That should be entertaining.
He says he wants to be an analyst, not a coach. That should be entertaining. Originally Posted by bambino
If Michael Irvin can be an "analyst"...anyone can
  • Satin
  • 01-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Man, I used to despise Sherman. But I love that guy now. His pick 6 of Dopey and running it in with one shoe on blew me away.

I was watching the game last night with my girl (yeah Don that's why I didn't text you, lol) and when he went "off" in his post game interview, she looked at me and said "babe why is he so mad, didn't his team just win"?!!! Lmmfao!!!!

Dude is money. But he's gonna have his hands full with D Thomas. Peyton is a master of finding ways to exploit weaknesses and trust me he will try him.

I'm glad the Patriots lost too. Can't stand them. Belicheck gets way too much credit. Brady? He's rich, good-looking and fucking a super model every night...so I hate his ass too!!

The Broncs will win. No way Peyton loses this one.....
Brady? He's rich, good-looking and fucking a super model every night...so I hate his ass too!! Originally Posted by Satin
Don't hate the player, player!
Man, I used to despise Sherman. But I love that guy now. His pick 6 of Dopey and running it in with one shoe on blew me away.

I'm glad the Patriots lost too. Can't stand them. Belicheck gets way too much credit. Brady? He's rich, good-looking and fucking a super model every night...so I hate his ass too!! Originally Posted by Satin
I with ya playa...I'm riding with Sherman & Fuck Tom Shady. Although I'm hoping for a Seahawk win

bf5f81e8ab8007c8bd587fcc4f10a5102b47dad2be5403e8b9c1284b5cff4614.jpg

Tom's Hatin'
Easier said than done. That pass Kaep threw to Boldin for a TD could have been a pick as well, that's just the type of plays he goes for. Sherman made the play, got to give him credit, there's a reason they hardly went at him throughout the whole game. Originally Posted by TheDon
That's not the point. The 9ers could have intercepted Wilson's TD pass too. It was well covered. Keap prolly throws the worst fade pattern in the NFL. He doesn't have good touch and rarely puts enough air under the ball. If it's a foot longer and to the outside, Sherman can't get a hand on the ball. He made a relatively easy play and should have. Sherman's antics were bush league IMHO. Self promotion and silly.
If Michael Irvin can be an "analyst"...anyone can Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I said he would be entertaining! Of all the pre game shows, I rank the NFL networks last. Sap, Sanders, and Irvin are comical. Tomlinson can't speak the Kings English and uses words out of context all the time. Faulk, Warner and Mooch are pretty good. I prefer ESPNs show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acRtkGMsBDI&list=TLuwM3vvjmRt7 aOMyUgtC3EnB96I9p7iOY Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Art imitating life. ROLMAO. BTW, Sherman couldn't put a patch on Mel Blount's ass, Rod Woodsen's too.
BTW, Sherman couldn't put a patch on Mel Blount's ass, Rod Woodsen's too. Originally Posted by bambino
It would be interesting to see how CB's from different era's would do in each others time....

Could Blount run with these guys now without touching them??? Could Sherman be as physical as Blount was back then???

Mel Blount Rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm_1xKueTho