NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I think the Steelers would be pretty close to having 10 SuperBowls in they draft Marino...hell, let him sit for a couple of years, Bradshaw didn't play that much longer LOL
I think the Steelers would be pretty close to having 10 SuperBowls in they draft Marino...hell, let him sit for a couple of years, Bradshaw didn't play that much longer LOL Originally Posted by DickEmDown
You may be close. The Steelers went down hill for awhile. Bradshaw actually had surgery on his elbow without telling the Steelers after the Marino draft. He was worthless after that. The 9ers were to good in the 80's. Steelers were reloading. If they would have drafted Marino, they may have won 1 or 2 in the 90s. Dorsett is still the best college football player I ever saw in person. From the sidelines, he was incredibly fast.
John McClain was on SR610 this morning talking about the 3 days he spent with JFF. He's now sold on the guy. Biggest thing that I got out of the interview was how much Manziel really wants to be a Texan no just because he would be the #1 pick. Apparently he has studied a lot of New England film from when O'brien was there and wants to play for him. He feels like he understands the system.
I'm not saying JFF is the best choice but having a QB that wants to be here as much as McClain described and for the right reasons would be pretty cool.
McClain asked him what if he doesn't get picked by the Texans and he replied something like "Well, then I'll probably go to Jacksonville and get to play the Texans twice a year. The Chip on my shoulder will change from a Frito to a Dorito" Gotta love the passion and as a competitive SOB in my younger years I could have gotten behind someone like that. Originally Posted by boardman
I heard about that. I will be buying a newspaper for the first time in years today.
You misunderstood me. Both TD and Marino left town to become HOFers. Every Pittsburgh guy wanted both of them to stay at home. Dorset wasn't possible, but the Steelers passed on Marino because they still had Bradshaw. Knoll wanted to rebuild the D and picked Gabe Rivera from Texas Tech. That guy was hell on wheels. Big, quick, and could run. He crippled himself in a drunk driving episode. He was thrown threw the back window of his Z car. All 300lbs. Really a tragedy. Marino beat the Steelers in an AFC championship game. He lost to the 9ers and Montana. Marino is still regarded highly in W.Pa. Montana not so much. He became a California grape. Originally Posted by bambino
Bradshaw was a good leader and Marino threw for lots of yards but in a big game especially in the playoffs this if the guy you want behind center California grape or not.

• TheDr
  • 02-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Bradshaw was a good leader and Marino threw for lots of yards but in a big game especially in the playoffs this if the guy you want behind center California grape or not.

Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Damn right OFS! Recognize gotdammit!! Lol

Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
I called Montanna a Cali grape because he stiffs his hometown. It's really depressed area and he won't come back when invited to help some local charity. Kinda shitty of him. Great QB yes, great guy.? I dunno.
Y'all hear about Ed Reed? LOL Originally Posted by TheDon
Maybe McNair told Rick Smith to go get some of his $5 million back that Reed stole from him
One more word on Cloeney. If we take him #1 and he is any good there is the real possibility that in a few years the Texans will be faced with paying two players on d line 100 million each and there is no way the team or any team really can do that. One person would have to be cut/traded.
  • TheDr
  • 02-15-2014, 09:42 AM
One more word on Cloeney. If we take him #1 and he is any good there is the real possibility that in a few years the Texans will be faced with paying two players on d line 100 million each and there is no way the team or any team really can do that. One person would have to be cut/traded. Originally Posted by BigLouie
No doubt logical thinking BL but how the hell do you pass up on Clowney? Dude's ridiculous... when he wants to play. Lol
One more word on Cloeney. If we take him #1 and he is any good there is the real possibility that in a few years the Texans will be faced with paying two players on d line 100 million each and there is no way the team or any team really can do that. One person would have to be cut/traded. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Well, at least you have Watt and Clowney for 2 years. It's a good problem to have and a problem most good teams have. Seattle and San Fran will have difficult decisions soon. If Clowney is a beast in the NFL, he'll be just entering his prime in 2 years. Watt be be on the downside of his prime. Seems like it would be an easy decision on who they keep.
  • TheDr
  • 02-15-2014, 11:28 AM
I called Montanna a Cali grape because he stiffs his hometown. It's really depressed area and he won't come back when invited to help some local charity. Kinda shitty of him. Great QB yes, great guy.? I dunno. Originally Posted by bambino
You may be right, don't have enuff info to refute. I did kinda hear some rumors he can be a bit of an ass wipe. But from my vantage point in Dallas when I was a fan, he was the man on the field. Since '79 that was all I cared about. But I get your point- that does suck.

Well, at least you have Watt and Clowney for 2 years. It's a good problem to have and a problem most good teams have. Seattle and San Fran will have difficult decisions soon. If Clowney is a beast in the NFL, he'll be just entering his prime in 2 years. Watt be be on the downside of his prime. Seems like it would be an easy decision on who they keep. Originally Posted by bambino
In the 'win now, fuck the future' world of the NFL you may be correct. Get Clowney and take advantage of his skills along with Watt while he's in his prime. Not sure Watt will be on the downside in 2 yrs but he will prolly be able to see it from his 6,000 sq ft River Oaks ponderosa (or wherever the hell he lives).
You may be right, don't have enuff info to refute. I did kinda hear some rumors he can be a bit of an ass wipe. But from my vantage point in Dallas when I was a fan, he was the man on the field. Since '79 that was all I cared about. But I get your point- that does suck.

In the 'win now, fuck the future' world of the NFL you may be correct. Get Clowney and take advantage of his skills along with Watt while he's in his prime. Not sure Watt will be on the downside in 2 yrs but he will prolly be able to see it from his 6,000 sq ft River Oaks ponderosa (or wherever the hell he lives). Originally Posted by TheDr
Unitas was kind of an asshole too. But the Steelers cut him. I can see why he was bitter towards Pittsburgh. They named stadiums, bridges for Montana. He never comes back to help the community. Charlie Batch played one town up the river from Montana. He donated close to a million to upgrade his community's athletic facilities. Montana won't donate his time.
  • TheDr
  • 02-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Unitas was kind of an asshole too. But the Steelers cut him. I can see why he was bitter towards Pittsburgh. They named stadiums, bridges for Montana. He never comes back to help the community. Charlie Batch played one town up the river from Montana. He donated close to a million to upgrade his community's athletic facilities. Montana won't donate his time. Originally Posted by bambino
Damn bambino, that sux! What the hell is up w/ Joe? Must be a back story we don't know about. Or maybe his is just a douche! One of my buddies played ball w/ Batch in college and said he was a good dude.

Oh well, at least my boyz got 4 Super Bowls out of him (Young got the last).
Damn bambino, that sux! What the hell is up w/ Joe? Must be a back story we don't know about. Or maybe his is just a douche! One of my buddies played ball w/ Batch in college and said he was a good dude.

Oh well, at least my boyz got 4 Super Bowls out of him (Young got the last). Originally Posted by TheDr
I grew up with montana, he played baseball with my cousins.........he was an arogant ass then and he still is

the city of monongahela asked him to come home so they could honor him and he requested 25k to come back

montana may have been a great qb but as a person he is a piece of shit

charlie batch is a class act
When does JFF run at the combine? Have they measured his cock yet? Err I mean how tall he is? Gig em!!