NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

There you have it folks, I called the meltdown prior to it occurring.

Does anyone know a shrink with the necessary skill and expertise to talk a confirmed basket case ('Sugar' Daddio) off of the ledge?
Johnny football ran a 4 56 in the 40
Have they measured his cock yet? Originally Posted by Daddio
Johnny football ran a 4 56 in the 40 Originally Posted by jstone420
Shhhhh, don't tell anybody but 'Sugar' Daddio does not appear to be concerned about anything other than the size of Johnny Football's cock. The actual 40 time must be of little or no consequence.

LATE BREAKING NEWS: 'Sugar' Daddio appears to have finally found a quarterback that he can fondly embrace.
Jff unofficial time was 4 68
Jff unofficial time was 4 68 Originally Posted by jstone420
His official time is 4.68
His official time is 4.68 Originally Posted by bambino
There is nothing wrong with a 4.68 "40" time. Especially for a QB! I am not convinced that the Texans are going to take a QB with the #1 pick in the Draft but should they decide to do so, they will have to take a very close look at Johnny Football's playmaking ability. By the same token, Vince Young and Michael Vick both brought that aspect to the table when they first became available. IMHO, neither proved himself to be worthy of the first pick in the NFL Draft.

As I have said several times previously, by its very nature the NFL Draft is an inexact science. Especially if you are taking a QB. And even more especially, if that QB likes to take off and run! By its very nature, running QB's have a HUGE target on their back!

I still believe that if the Texans choose a QB with the first pick, they will go with Bridgewater. With that said, I also believe that Johnny Football has narrowed the gap considerably since the college season ended.

I also believe that if Cleveland offers their two (current) 1st round picks to move up to the first pick in the draft, the Texans would have to strongly consider the offer.

In order to justify rejecting the offer, the Texans Staff would have to be absolutely convinced that one of the 3 top QB's (Bridgewater, Johnny Football or Bortles) was a can't miss prospect. Thus far, I don't believe that is the case. If the Texans and Browns were to agree to the trade, we would have 4 of the top 65 (including 3 of the top 33) picks in the Draft. As an added bonus, our first pick would be the #4 selection in the entire draft. The Texans can fill a lot of gaping holes (QB, DE/OLB, OL, and DB) with quality prospects, using those kind of high draft choices.
There is nothing wrong with a 4.68 "40" time. Especially for a QB! I am not convinced that the Texans are going to take a QB with the #1 pick in the Draft but should they decide to do so, they will have to take a very close look at Johnny Football's playmaking ability. By the same token, Vince Young and Michael Vick both brought that aspect to the table when they first became available. IMHO, neither proved himself to be worthy of the first pick in the NFL Draft.

As I have said several times previously, by its very nature the NFL Draft is an inexact science. Especially if you are taking a QB. And even more especially, if that QB likes to take off and run! By its very nature, running QB's have a HUGE target on their back!

I still believe that if the Texans choose a QB with the first pick, they will go with Bridgewater. With that said, I also believe that Johnny Football has narrowed the gap considerably since the college season ended.

I also believe that if Cleveland offers their two (current) 1st round picks to move up to the first pick in the draft, the Texans would have to strongly consider the offer.

In order to justify rejecting the offer, the Texans Staff would have to be absolutely convinced that one of the 3 top QB's (Bridgewater, Johnny Football or Bortles) was a can't miss prospect. Thus far, I don't believe that is the case. If the Texans and Browns were to agree to the trade, we would have 4 of the top 65 (including 3 of the top 33) picks in the Draft. As an added bonus, our first pick would be the #4 selection in the entire draft. The Texans can fill a lot of gaping holes (QB, DE/OLB, OL, and DB) with quality prospects, using those kind of high draft choices. Originally Posted by bigtex
Nothing wrong with his 40 time, nothing special either. There are several starting QBs in the NFL that are bigger and faster. Wilson is shorter but faster. Not sold on JFF as an NFL franchise QB. If Cleveland offers both 1st rounders I would be shocked if the Texans turn it down.
If Cleveland offers both 1st rounders I would be shocked if the Texans turn it down. Originally Posted by bambino
Me too!
Browns won't part with both number one picks but they may be willing to trade one of their first round picks and the their second round .
Browns won't part with both number one picks but they may be willing to trade one of their first round picks and the their second round . Originally Posted by carkido45
I tell you what, I am willing to admit that me saying the Browns would give up their two first round picks was nothing more than speculation on my part.

Are you willing to admit that you making the claim that the Browns "may be willing to trade one of their first round picks and their second round" is also speculation on your part?

The only ones that might possibly know would be those in the Cleveland Browns personnel department. And they probably don't even know what they are willing to do at this point. If they do, they sure as hell aren't showing their cards.

It all depends upon how much value the Browns organization puts on a particular prospect and whether the Texans would be willing to accept an offer, if made.

Beyond that it is all speculation. By both you and I!

There is one thing we do know with 100% certainty. The speculation game will continue to be played by NFL fans around the country. That is, until the 2014 NFL Draft is finally behind us.

At which point the speculation game officially begins for the 2015 NFL Draft.
Clowney unofficially at 4.47...
Goodell is now going to assess a 15yd penalty on players using the N word. However, he is auditioning top Rappers for next years SB halftime show. Just a FYI
That's a stupid ass penalty if that happens
  • Satin
  • 02-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Clowney officially at 4.53. He seemed to take quite a lashing from the experts for not doing the field drills. I guess he feels his 3 sacks he had this year will do the talking for him. It'll be interesting to see how he does on his "pro day". I just hope like hell the Texans don't take him....too many red flags.

I'll say it again, Roger Goodell has WAY too much power....
Browns won't part with both number one picks but they may be willing to trade one of their first round picks and the their second round . Originally Posted by carkido45
Really? They were going to trade them to the 9ers for Harbuagh. Brilliant!