Inflation

For the oil experts on here...
If Texas is on pace for a record year of crude oil production, why is the price of gas going up??

If we are producing record amounts of oil here, why has the price of gas gone up since tension and war began in Ukraine??
If we have all the oil we need here, what is going on over there shouldn't effect the gas price here, should it??

If it is simply a supply and demand thing, what are your feelings on the current administration shutting down the Keystone Pipeline and causing lease sale issues among other things?? Originally Posted by rogerdodger21

The USA exports over 3 million barrels of crude per day.
The Great Resignation helped any inflation issues I might have had. Company was worried about loosing employees and gave me a big raise and still get to work from home most days.
When I go to the nursing homes, I’ve started charging more for my rejuvenated virginal penis. It inflates to 10” long. I’m accepting bids. Wait! Wrong thread - I need to retire and start writing code for my new social media app!
  • BLM69
  • 02-27-2022, 04:50 PM
When I go to the nursing homes, I’ve started charging more for my rejuvenated virginal penis. It inflates to 10” long. I’m accepting bids. Wait! Wrong thread - I need to retire and start writing code for my new social media app! Originally Posted by Michael8219
Wrong threAD's 😂
Thought you’d like that one BLM!
If OPEC increases production, it can help reduce oil prices. But I doubt they will
Biden said this Inflation is temporary & everything will be back to normal once we all get our cuts of BBB/Biden Bucks.
Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz
Temporary when measured in geologic time
I read somewhere that about 10% of our oil is imported from Russia.

Assuming that is true, why would we turn around and export 3 million barrels a day??

What about the restrictions and extra costs imposed on the domestic "oil & gas" industry by "this president"??
Is it just a coincidence prices started to go up after this president took office and started bringing back all sorts of regulations??

On his very first day in office, he signed an executive order ending the Keystone Pipeline.
I read, but can't verify, that 10,000 people lost their jobs when "this president" closed down the Keystone Pipeline. Apparently, not everybody in oil & gas is thriving with higher gas prices. (stop looking in the mirror)

Pain at the pump a coincidence???....or is it a direct result of the "this president's policies"...
Funny how companies are surprised about The Great Resignation. They've been underpaying employees for years and now they can't understand why they are getting a big F/U from people quitting.
I read somewhere that about 10% of our oil is imported from Russia.

Assuming that is true, why would we turn around and export 3 million barrels a day??

What about the restrictions and extra costs imposed on the domestic "oil & gas" industry by "this president"??
Is it just a coincidence prices started to go up after this president took office and started bringing back all sorts of regulations??

On his very first day in office, he signed an executive order ending the Keystone Pipeline.
I read, but can't verify, that 10,000 people lost their jobs when "this president" closed down the Keystone Pipeline. Apparently, not everybody in oil & gas is thriving with higher gas prices. (stop looking in the mirror)

Pain at the pump a coincidence???....or is it a direct result of the "this president's policies"... Originally Posted by rogerdodger21
The pipeline was not shut down. The pipeline was not given permission to start construction. If construction would have started it was estimated that it would produce approximately 10,000 jobs. However, virtually all of them were temporary, Most of them only being 6 to 8 months. Once the pipeline would have been constructed it would only take about 50 - 100 people to maintain it. Almost all of the oil that would have come through Keystone probably would have been exported because the quality of that crude is more difficult and costly to refine.

Pain at the pump a coincidence???....or is it a direct result of the "this president's policies"... Originally Posted by rogerdodger21
It’s a direct result of a shutdown world economy cranking back up while it’s coming out of a pandemic. Same with inflation.
So they are temporary jobs. What a shock..
So those don't count then?? Are people not receiving paychecks from them to support themselves and their families.

"PROBABLY" would of been exported...
It would be coming here to a "refinery", but it is to expensive to refine...or something like that you are saying

It's my understanding the Keystone Pipeline was going to be transporting oil from Canda to the gulf coast refineries to be refined.
Was the oil going into those refineries temporary?? Was the pipeline going to be in use for only 6-8 months?? ARe their people working at those refineries where the oil is being sent??

Do you care to comment on the regulations, costs, and restrictions "this president" has put on the oil and gas industry and the trickle down effect it has on our economy??

Believe what you want. It's been a little more than a year now. The consequences of the policies of "this president" are starting to rear their ugly head. It's not going to get better.
HOW DID THIS THREAD go from about Provider Inflation, to politics?

Drill, baby Drill!
We export because of multi-year contracts already in place to other countries.

Heavier crude from Canada can be up blended with lighter stuff to meet the spec at each refinery.
The main point is that right now the oil companies do not want more production. They are purposely keeping production low so that it drives up the price. There is more than enough oil out there to keep the refineries busy. They care more about huge profits than they do about putting people back to work. The oil companies are raking in the money.