Have you ever been really scared?

Yes! When ole C&C was abt 13-14 yrs old & the original movie of "The Thing" was shown. It was the early or mid-50s & was filmed in black & white. The role of the creature was played by James Arness in his first movie. Of course one never saw his face without his mask makeup. C&C pulled his feet up into the chair seat, in case somethink came from underneath. The usually fearless C&G laid awake for two nights, watching his DARK, open bedroom door & imagined a huge (Arness was 6'7" tall), ominous figure coming through it. Finally slept the 3rd night from sheer exhaustion. Been in Marines & fights since, but never that frightened again. Whew! Originally Posted by Cumandgitit
Unfortunately, Pajama Sam wasn't a game yet.
Just once when I had a gun to my head. It took place so fast, I don't think I would have felt much of anything because I was in shock. I could barely run up the 3 flights of stairs to call 911, but luckily they caught him in 9 min. and he got 15 years. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Oh my god.... I have only one time SEEN a gun and it got me shocked.....I think i would just drop dead out of shock....I am sorry you had to go thru this....That is aweful!!
Yea the marriage lasted 6 months and my parents are out 33k. They told me the second time I would have to get married in the back yard....I did. Originally Posted by London Rayne
It was a really nice back yard lmao!!

That was the first time I had a gun to my head, but not the first time one was pointed at me. Been around guns all my life.
Oh, I forgot about one other incident; sitting in my former dentist's chair for an extraction and hearing him say, "Ooops."
Darn!! That's like a provider saying that when a guy is doing her in the booty lmao!! OOOPS!
Scary is when you've lost your mind while walking towards a 12 year old boy with a gun pointing at your chest with the boy shaking so hard he could pull the trigger at any second. I think I scared him by walking towards him. He dropped the gun and took off running. I don't remember being scared, but the adreniline rush easily matched jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with a parachute strapped to my back.
I've had a lot of scary moments I guess -- complete with auditory exclusion, tunnel vision, and the whole nine yards.

Just the reaction to being scared is scary. LOL

But, hey, if you are scared -- you're alive. That's a good start!
I was riding right seat in a C-210, not really paying much attention, when the pilot was changing altitude from 7,000 to 9,000. He wasn't paying attention either, although he was the one flying and the plane started to enter a stall. He grabbed the yoke and did something that broke the stall, but put the plane in a fairly tight spin. That's when I started paying very close attention. I got the plane straight nose down, air speed up, and out of the spin. I flew the rest of the trip and never flew with that pilot again. But seeing the HSI making little circles will certainly get your attention. I was glad that I had done the spin training when I got my private pilot ticket. There wasn't any real drama in getting control of the airplane, but it still scarred the shit out of me.
I once had occasion to unexpectly stare down the barrel of an sawed off shotgun. I had just started driving a cab, many years ago. The night shift of course. I pulled up to the address I was given, honked my horn. Then started filling out my trip sheet, not paying attention to my customer getting into the cab. I finished writing, turning around and there a foot or so was a shotgun pointed right at my face. looking into the young man's eyes, I didn't know know who was more scared at that moment myself or him. After giving him what little money I had, he told me to get out of the car. I thought to myself at that moment is this how I'm going to die. Needless to say I didn't, though I did change how I did things.The whole incidence took maybe 90 seconds. And yes time does seem to stand still, the longest 90 seconds of my life. I can still recall the smallest details like it was yesterday. I did go on to drive the next night and for 3 years longer. Having many more colorfull experences LoL,
The most scard I was is when I cornered this huge rat, I mean huge about the size of a cat. Yeah some rats do get that big. Anyways I had a club in my hand and wanted to bash its head in. You know the saying never corner a wild animal. We'll that damn thing went striaght at me and ran right between my legs and left. I stood there motionless for almost a minute before I could move. I'll nevah do that again.
i would have definatly fainted..

The most scard I was is when I cornered this huge rat, I mean huge about the size of a cat. Yeah some rats do get that big. Anyways I had a club in my hand and wanted to bash its head in. You know the saying never corner a wild animal. We'll that damn thing went striaght at me and ran right between my legs and left. I stood there motionless for almost a minute before I could move. I'll nevah do that again. Originally Posted by rrabbit6926
Two times and they occurred less than a year from one another. The first being my initial time to "stand in the door" of an aircraft knowing I must jump. Yes, I was scared but in hindsight I now believe I was more scared of the unknown! Does that make sense? Once I had jumped, the euphoria of looking up and seeing a full canopy overhead for the first time was one of the greatest sensations that I have experienced in my entire lifetime. That brief moment of euphoria was quickly replaced by fear once again as I got closer to the ground. LOL

The other time I knew without hesitation that I was scared of dying. Fortunately, I survived without a scratch. The second incident occurred while in Vietnam. Upon reflection, the thing I now most vividly recall about the second incident was that the actual amount of time I was scared was somewhat fleeting. Quite frankly, an adrenaline rush quickly replaced my fear of dying. Once the 'rush' took over, it became all about OUR survival!
Three times for me too. First time was when my ex and I were in Alaska. We were on an organized hike and a bear was came upon us. Our guide told everyone to drop their food, follow him and do as he did. The old adage, “I don’t have to outrun the bear; I just have to out run you!” is real.

Second time was when I got in a head on collision at 50 mph. It was all very slow motion. I remember wondering why the car wasn’t stopping and telling myself to hit the breaks. I remember wondering why I was alive after the care came to a halt. Everyone lived, but if you saw the cars…………..

The third time was the really scary one. My ex and I were staying in the Gas Light District in Vancouver, BC. We got a bit lost and ended up in junkie-ville. Literally there were people on the street with rigs. I took my wedding ring and other jewelry off, and we took off at a brisk pace. We could feel this guy come up behind us. He was tracking us; we could feel him getting closer and closer. I could taste metal in my mouth and my hair stand on end. I couldn’t believe we were going to get mugged or killed. The guy had to be crazy or high because my ex is 6’ 5”. I don’t know what made me do it, but I stopped; turned around; and chest butted and shoved the guy. (BTW, I’m only 5’1”.”) He was stunned as I was that I did it. For the briefest of moments we were just eyeball-to-eyeball. Then, we turned around walked off. He just stood there.

When we got away and back to where we belonged, he asked me if I was ok. I asked him, and that was pretty much that.
In the three seconds AFTER we've stacked on a door at 0300 at the house of a suspected bomb maker, but BEFORE I've put my foot into it...yeah...I'm look down onto myself from above type scared...

If you're not, I don't want you behind me...