Gabriel Giffords open to gun confiscation

Since I started the OP I think I know what it was about. It was about an opinion maker putting it out there that she would a class of from owning weapons. A class of people who have broken no law and have done no wrong. She wants to set the precedent that government can make these determinations. That was the point of the OP. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Exactly. And I agreed in principle with the proposed bill in the state of Washington.
So, JL, what is an ALMOST absolute right?

Is that like ALMOST dead? Or ALMOST real?
  • DSK
  • 05-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Before one is "FOR" something it's always helpful to define the focus of the "for"!

This country has "gun control" ... !!! Next topic?

People talking shit about "gun control" is like the same people talking shit about ...

....."climate control" Originally Posted by LexusLover
I meant I would accede to the left on more gun control, if they would give me something in return. Of course, the constitution being what it is, there is little need to change our current gun control laws.

If the country wants more gun control, then they need to change the constitution at this point.

However, we could use the tactic of gun control somewhere down the line, and political support for a change in the constitution, if something of great value were offered.
  • DSK
  • 05-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Not to mention folks were OPEN CARRYING long before driving motor vehicles. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I've known lots of people who open carried a shot gun in their pickup trucks, displaying them prominently on the gun rack. Don't see it very often anymore, but it is still legal, of course.
(That is, if you’re not a fugitive from justice, an illegal alien, Assup, a person who unlawfully uses [prohibited topic] substances, a former member of the Armed Forces who was dishonorably discharged, under a restraining order from stalking a former loved one, or a person convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.)
Since I started the OP I think I know what it was about. It was about an opinion maker putting it out there that she would a class of from owning weapons. A class of people who have broken no law and have done no wrong. She wants to set the precedent that government can make these determinations. That was the point of the OP. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Then why did you say she was open to confiscation, then, JDrunk?

What was it about then?
You failed to show any constitutional provision protecting the right to own and operate an automobile that is comparable to the Second Amendment which guarantees the right of a citizen to own and bear arms, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
he just wants to fuck the constitution like he does his reach around buddies
he just wants to fuck the constitution like he does his reach around buddies Originally Posted by gary5912
assup has a different definition of a " double tap " down at the Austin 'holes ! Semper Fi !
Exactly. And I agreed in principle with the proposed bill in the state of Washington. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
You are like the wife who confesses that she had a quickie with your best friend in the men's room at the local bar. She claims that it was next to nothing and you claim it as a complete betrayal of trust.
.... she had a quickie with your best friend in the men's room at the local bar. She claims that it was next to nothing ..... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
...probably not what she was telling his best friend while she nutted all over his lap!
I've known lots of people who open carried a shot gun in their pickup trucks, displaying them prominently on the gun rack. Don't see it very often anymore, but it is still legal, of course.
(That is, if you’re not a fugitive from justice, an illegal alien, Assup, a person who unlawfully uses [prohibited topic] substances, a former member of the Armed Forces who was dishonorably discharged, under a restraining order from stalking a former loved one, or a person convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.) Originally Posted by DSK
Where you at? You can't display a gun in a pickup gunrack anymore here in Texas.

Bought a 9mm yesterday. Even though I have a LTC license it still took me 45 minutes to complete the paperwork, get approval and walk out the door.
assup has a different definition of a " double tap " down at the Austin 'holes ! Semper Fi ! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Assup is considering transitioning back to a man.
Where you at? You can't display a gun in a pickup gunrack anymore here in Texas.

Bought a 9mm yesterday. Even though I have a LTC license it still took me 45 minutes to complete the paperwork, get approval and walk out the door. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Write faster.......

Bought a 9mm yesterday. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Did you try to "display" your "9mm"?

Are you suggesting that I can no longer carry my legal-in-length shotgun on the rack in my pickup .... in the clip-rack installed in my personal vehicle on the dash?
Did you try to "display" your "9mm"?

Are you suggesting that I can no longer carry my legal-in-length shotgun on the rack in my pickup .... in the clip-rack installed in my personal vehicle on the dash? Originally Posted by LexusLover
What does your therapist say?
You are like the wife who confesses that she had a quickie with your best friend in the men's room at the local bar. She claims that it was next to nothing and you claim it as a complete betrayal of trust. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You continue to be the Chicken Little of this forum. Whenever anyone anywhere in the U.S. proposes a plan, no matter how benign, that would limit a person's absolute right to bear arms as defined by you, rather than chant the mantra "The sky is falling. The sky is falling", you chant "They're out to ban all guns. They're out to ban all guns."