What is "The Conference Room?"

You forget, BigAssSux, that I was the one who started a no insult thread specifically to discuss tax policy with the Cap'n. Therefore, indirectly, the Conference Room was my idea. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Did you invent the internet also?
Did you invent the internet also? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Silly .. that was GORE! Don't you know better than that?
Humor escapes you lexie.
I think the other room will devolve with the same cast of characters

just look at this thread beginning to unravel

just look at this thread beginning to unravel Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
It's the nature of the beast.

just look at this thread beginning to unravel Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

"Beginning to unravel"? It started to unravel in post #2. Hey Captain, go ahead and do it. I will try to participate with the proper degree of decorum and thoughtful discussion, but I wouldn't expect the same from the other zoo animals here!

Oh wait, it's invitation only... how presumptuous of me... am I invited?
  • Old-T
  • 01-17-2015, 10:10 AM
It's the nature of the beast. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Jackie, I will disagree with that. It is more the nature of the ground rules for this forum, the way it is moderated, and SOME of the posters. Some of the same topics are addressed on other forums with all the salient points but minus the insults and completed lack of respect. Yes, some of these topics will generate strong feelings and emotions, but they need not devolved into an all too repetitive IB-Y sewer fight.

Have a different set of ground rules. Apply some governance. If someone can focus the I emotions onto the issues instead of the better insult--then ask them to leave.

There are some posters here--very bellicose ones--who I occasionally cross paths with on other forums. On those forums we do not should at each other, hurricane insults, etc. In fact I often find myself agreeing with much of what Whirlaway posts for example outside of this forum. The posters I would be concerned about are mostly tho who only seem to post here. Some of them I would wonder about their ability to play nice with others.

It will not automatically follow the Sam evolutionary path as this forum.
  • Old-T
  • 01-17-2015, 10:15 AM
PS: I used to moderate a small local DC board that was about politics. It had a number of big names on it, but under cover of aliases. It was amazing to watch even some people who ranted and attacked each other viciously on the floor of Congress (and therefore in front of the press) could remove most the venom and debate face more civilly when they were anonymous, and their ability to actually talk with "the enemy" would not get back to their rabid extremist constituents.
  • WTF
  • 01-17-2015, 01:36 PM
"Beginning to unravel"? It started to unravel in post #2. Hey Captain, go ahead and do it. I will try to participate with the proper degree of decorum and thoughtful discussion, but I wouldn't expect the same from the other zoo animals here!

Oh wait, it's invitation only... how presumptuous of me... am I invited? Originally Posted by lustylad
This thread is not in the new forum dipshit. Were it , I would have kindly pointed out what a retard you are.

All joking aside the only people that will have trouble will be those pompous fuckers who do not even know that they are pompous assholes. LL, JD....maybe COGay. They are going to have to wait outside in the hallway straining to here what the adults have to say.
I will point to the US Constitution as an example; as long as our leaders respected the law of the land and the others nudged an offender back into line they worked. Now we are seeing an unraveling of our Constitution because we have a president who does not respect the document and the other two branches are either in cahoots or too afraid to make the challenge. That took over 200 years.

So a room can last for a long while IF everyone respects the rules and there is someone to nudge a rule breaker back into a state of grace.
If this room has such esteemed discussion; then why not let the thread be visible for people to read the great information that is being exchanged?

The whole idea of a private discussion group, in which members are selected and discussion heavily moderated is a repulsive idea to me.

There are plenty of great open web blogs one can dig into if one is inclined for elevated discussion on a particular topic.

If find it interesting that the OP hasn't responded to any comments (or questions) with the exception of the single post by JackieS. Some are worthy of a response. But I guess the more answers provided ruins the mystique behind the green curtain of Oz.

I gave this thread a One Star rating.
New forum? I don't think so....it isn't a forum, it is the Conference Room.......hidden from view.

This thread is not in the new forum dipshit... Originally Posted by WTF
  • Old-T
  • 01-17-2015, 04:04 PM
If this room has such esteemed discussion; then why not let the thread be visible for people to read the great information that is being exchanged?

The whole idea of a private discussion group, in which members are selected and discussion heavily moderated is a repulsive idea to me.

I gave this thread a One Star rating. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
They way I read your post you think this forum meets your needs and you like the atmosphere of the wild west.

I also assume you have no intention of applications to join the one.

And I somehow i suspect the members there Wil not be heartbroken about you spurning them. I could be wrong.
Jackie, I will disagree with that. It is more the nature of the ground rules for this forum, the way it is moderated, and SOME of the posters. Some of the same topics are addressed on other forums with all the salient points but minus the insults and completed lack of respect. Yes, some of these topics will generate strong feelings and emotions, but they need not devolved into an all too repetitive IB-Y sewer fight.

Have a different set of ground rules. Apply some governance. If someone can focus the I emotions onto the issues instead of the better insult--then ask them to leave.

There are some posters here--very bellicose ones--who I occasionally cross paths with on other forums. On those forums we do not should at each other, hurricane insults, etc. In fact I often find myself agreeing with much of what Whirlaway posts for example outside of this forum. The posters I would be concerned about are mostly tho who only seem to post here. Some of them I would wonder about their ability to play nice with others.

It will not automatically follow the Sam evolutionary path as this forum.
Originally Posted by Old-T
Go screw yourself, Old-THUMPER.

This -- the Political -- forum had its origin in Diamonds and Tuxedos, and was moved to the Sandbox before transferring to its present venue; where, btw, your trollish ass is as guilty as anyone else of hurling invectives -- as your trollish-ass just did, Old-THUMPER.

You'd do well to research the devolution of decorum and who it was that initiated that devolution, Old-THUMPER. If you troubled yourself to discover the truth instead of devoting your time to monitoring post counts, Old-THUMPER, you'd discover that your analysis is as fallacious as you are inebriated.
  • Old-T
  • 01-17-2015, 04:12 PM

I gave this thread a One Star rating. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
They way I read your post you think this forum meets your needs and you like the atmosphere of the wild west.

I also assume you have no intention of applications to join the one.

And I somehow i suspect the members there will not be heartbroken about you spurning them. I could be wrong.