Not just another Chic

If the gay community is really interested in winning this issue, they are going to have to figure out that debates aren't won by name calling, vandalism, and screaming. They're won by making a persuasive case that our country would be better if gay marriage were allowed universally. Martin Luther King won civil rights; Malcolm X didn't.

Noplace is this more evident than the Chick-Fil-A trumped up controversy. The gays, and their supporters, screamed, yelled, called names, vandalized, and planned an 'event' with behavior calculated to offend and disgust as many people as possible.

Their opponents bought some chicken.

Which one made a bigger impact? Originally Posted by Kshunter
Can you give me a source for the vandelism? I missed that one. Also one for thhe event, unless you were referring to the kiss in.
If the gay community is really interested in winning this issue, they are going to have to figure out that debates aren't won by name calling, vandalism, and screaming. They're won by making a persuasive case that our country would be better if gay marriage were allowed universally. Martin Luther King won civil rights; Malcolm X didn't.

Noplace is this more evident than the Chick-Fil-A trumped up controversy. The gays, and their supporters, screamed, yelled, called names, vandalized, and planned an 'event' with behavior calculated to offend and disgust as many people as possible.

Gee but you aren't homophobic.

You made a "persuasive case" until you resorted to the "screaming and yelling" that you criticized in the beginning. You had me up until the "flame out."
Can you give me a source for the vandelism? I missed that one. Also one for thhe event, unless you were referring to the kiss in. Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-torrance.html

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...9bb30f31a.html

Just a couple that hit my radar screen.

And yes, the event is the 'kiss in.' Personally I think that making out in a fast food place is in poor taste no matter who it is (man/man, man/woman, woman/woman). Of course this is the same bunch that thought it was appropriate to take pictures of themselves flipping off Bush's portrait in the White House.

No, Lillianna, I'm not homophobic. I'm about as open to persuasion on this issue as you can get. But so far the gay marriage advocates are persuading me that I do NOT want to be like them...because they're pretty classless. You persuade people by first generating respect, and you generate respect by acting in a respectable fashion.

And where did I 'scream and yell?' Good grief....
People that pay for sex should probably not be throwing stones at other people's desire for committed relationships.

And yes, you are a homophobe.
  • Dawgs
  • 08-10-2012, 10:07 AM
That was a little strong
On the other hand Deacon, if you are married, and you are here, then it doesn't appear that you have much respect for marriage to begin with, so why do you care who else gets married?

And 'whore'? Really? I mean, really, really??

Oh wait, what the am I thinking. One review, and nearly 1,000 posts. Who gives a crap what a window shopper thinks.
im not married and i dont care if gays get married. i have heard providers call this a whore board many times..sorry if it offended anyone.
i deleted it..sorry again
Lol

Amazing the difference a mod change can make.
As long as their sandwiches remain awesome I really could care less. It's not like they a staking a homosexual every time I chomp down on a waffle fry.
Why do the men love to talk about threesomes and love to watch the women go at each other. Yet they hate the thought of two lesbians kissing in public? Could it be because a man isn't needed and our frail egos are hurt? Just wondering....
I for one, have no problems seeing two lesbians kissing in public, but then again, I'm just a guy who posts on a SHBM, lol

Plus I luv Showtime's...The Real L Word series...gulity entertainment
People that pay for sex should probably not be throwing stones at other people's desire for committed relationships.

And yes, you are a homophobe. Originally Posted by Lovely_Lilianna
Maybe people selling their bodies shouldn't throw stones either, and you appear to have a never ending supply.

Why do the men love to talk about threesomes and love to watch the women go at each other. Yet they hate the thought of two lesbians kissing in public? Could it be because a man isn't needed and our frail egos are hurt? Just wondering.... Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC
I've never b een a huge fan of PDA, with myself or others, man with woman, woman with woman, man with man.

As long as their sandwiches remain awesome I really could care less. It's not like they a staking a homosexual every time I chomp down on a waffle fry. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
lol
It only makes you angry because I'm right.