Obama apparently doesn't learn: boots on the ground

I bought my first home in 1976. It was also a VA loan at 6.75%. At the time, I thought it was a heck of a deal ...... it certainly was. Originally Posted by bigtex
They were also "assumable,"(no approval) which made the house easier to sell.
Hey, I was being facetious. I was drafted in '68, got sent to 'Nam, came out alive, and that was that.

My point was in the early '60's, the polititians stated, "we are only sending advisors". Originally Posted by Jackie S
Well when Kennedy was sworn he didn't know about the "advisors" ... he learned in a briefing after he was sworn. Eisenhower/Nixon took care of that detail.

We had 8,000 in S.E.Asia when JFK took the reins. There was carrier support for them and there was some target identification going on during the day under the pretense of R&R. It was busy, but "news" traveled slow back then, if it traveled at all.
Boots on the ground is OK as long as there are no feet in them.
My uncle was one of those advisors going back to 1962. He got out alive but two members of his team didn't.
same thing was said about joining the un resolution to whack Lybia 2 years ago ... nothing happened Originally Posted by CJ7
Something surely did happen.
And were you also concerned about an inevitable invasion during the days, weeks and months leading up to the ill fated and ill advised, spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq?

Just sayin' Originally Posted by bigtex
Absolutely.
My uncle was one of those advisors going back to 1962. He got out alive but two members of his team didn't. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Statistically, they weren't there prior to 1960.....and not on paper either...

.....post-1961 they were.

Just like "we" don't have any "boots on the ground" in Syria. They wear sandals.

or "in the field"
BT, http://www.un.org/disarmament/conten...estigation.pdf

I think its a good plan to wait until after Nov when the U.N. weapons inspectors RETURN TO SYRIA to look for chemical weapons to make sure there are chemical weapons in Syria. Don't you, BT? I mean, isn't that what they are paid to do. Inspect?
My mom had newspaper clippings dated in 1962 when he got captured. I asked him a couple of times what he did in Vietnam and his answer was helped farmers grow better crops. I was young so I asked him how he did that. He told me that he had a lot of tools like the Swedish K gun, the Schmeisser, the Garand, the Bren, and the MAS.

Yes, when it became official he got to wear a Green Beret.
My mom had newspaper clippings dated in 1962 when he got captured. I asked him a couple of times what he did in Vietnam and .... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
...sorry to hear ... and I hope he recovered with most of his sanity.