FBI Executes Search Warrant at Mar A Lago!

• Tiny
  • 08-09-2022, 07:51 AM
Trump could have just turned the documents over to the National archives or to the White House. He could’ve avoided this but intentionally didn’t. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Blackman, If charges are brought, would Trump be tried in Florida? And do you think a jury would convict him, regardless of the evidence? I suspect it would depend a lot on jury selection which in turn could depend a lot on the judge, but this is something I don’t know diddly squat about.
If it’s a Federal indictment issued by a judge in DC, I imagine they could try him there, right?
  • WTF
  • 08-09-2022, 08:00 AM
This looks worse and worse the more you think about it.

If the DOJ is seriously thinking of charging an ex-President and ongoing political rival with anything criminal, then it screams out for the appointment of a Special Counsel. In this situation, nobody can have confidence in the DOJ's fairness, independence and lack of partisanship. Even if the country wasn't so horribly divided, handing the case over to a Special Counsel should be a no-brainer.

On the other hand, if the DOJ is merely looking for classified documents that Trump may have taken with him to Mar-a-Lago when he left office instead of handing them over to the National Archives, this hardly warrants an FBI raid on a former President's home.

Either way, it's a gross error on the part of the Biden administration. A jaw-dropping example of legal & political overreach and miscalculation. Originally Posted by lustylad
Lock her up!

Lock her up!

Who led those chants?
Short memories, eh?

The hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a concealed weapon.
  • Tiny
  • 08-09-2022, 08:11 AM
Short memories, eh?

The hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a concealed weapon. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I don’t think LustyLad was one of the ones chanting lock her up. But yeah, it does seem pretty similar doesn’t it. Presumably that’s what the FBI is looking for, not the office supplies and momentos that Trump spirited off to Mar A Lago when he got fired.
  • WTF
  • 08-09-2022, 08:17 AM
They could have been used as a pretext for a search warrant, just like the fabricated Steele dossier was a pretext to spy on Trump's 2016 campaign. . Originally Posted by lustylad
You're ignorance of this matter is showing if you believe the Steele dossier was the start of the Trump/Russian ties.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/do...-of-this/#main

After the GOP memo was released, Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy, also a member of the intelligence committee, said the dossier didn’t have any effect on the Russia investigation. “I actually don’t think it has any impact on the Russia probe,” Gowdy said on Feb. 4, 2018, on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

Gowdy mentioned other incidents that had nothing to do with the dossier, including Papadopoulos’ contacts with the professor and the June 9, 2016, Trump Tower meeting Donald Trump Jr. arranged with what he was told was a “Russian government attorney” offering incriminating information on Hillary Clinton. “So there’s going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.”
Looks like Diaper Don is finally getting what he deserves, your not above the law because you have money, and you and Alex can tell lies to tucker and have MTG come kiss your asses. I hope he is prosecuted and put away for good.
True Hate is in the libs corner!

After damn near 6 years they aint got shit on Trump!

If they had gone after hillary just by a tenth of the effort SHE WOULD BE IN JAIL!

AND if they would truly investigate hunters laptop, father AND son would be with hillary!
  • WTF
  • 08-09-2022, 08:44 AM
I don’t think LustyLad was one of the ones chanting lock her up. But yeah, it does seem pretty similar doesn’t it. Presumably that’s what the FBI is looking for, not the office supplies and the like that Trump spirited off to Mar A Lago when he got fired. Originally Posted by Tiny
Was he a Ted Cruz guy before Trump exposed how his Dad helped kill JFK , then lustylad became a full blown Trump cheerleader. Hell he was running around talking about 3/4% GDP numbers before it wax all said and done.
  • WTF
  • 08-09-2022, 08:46 AM

If they had gone after hillary just by a tenth of the effort SHE WOULD BE IN JAIL!

AND if they would truly investigate hunters laptop, father AND son would be with hillary! Originally Posted by winn dixie
Don't be a hater wd or worse, a sore loser!

You sound like Jan Brady...Hillary Hillary Hillary

AND if they would truly investigate hunters laptop, father AND son would be with hillary! Originally Posted by winn dixie
Apples and oranges, WD.

Neither of the aforementioned wet dream darlings of the RWW mob were POTUS. Neither incited an armed attack on the Capitol.

It’s easy to ply the “hate” card. But after everything that’s happened in the country - especially in the pursuit of truth - you think they pulled this out of thin air with no extreme caution?

Please nominate Trump. PLEASE!
Was he a Ted Cruz guy before Trump exposed how his Dad helped kill JFK , then lustylad became a full blown Trump cheerleader. Hell he was running around talking about 3/4% GDP numbers before it wax all said and done. Originally Posted by WTF
I know LL suffers from extremely thin skin. So be careful what you post, WTF. You may be assaulted by MAGA Pom poms.

Posted again. Reread slowly. The double standards and hate will show. When youre calm and at peace.
I did notice the calm and peaceful use of capitalization and punctuation there, WD!

Well done.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
  • Tiny
  • 08-09-2022, 09:08 AM
Maybe the FBI just wants to get classified documents out of Trump’s hands and has no intention of going after him on this matter? Maybe that’s naive.