How does it feel to impregnant a woman?

To me getting a girl pregnant feels like firing off photon torpedoes.

Sometimes women feel their biological clock ticking and tell me they want a baby. It's an honor and a privilege.

Getting a woman pregnant is actually very easy for the man. The real struggle is for the over 100 million sperm cells released which are all racing madly to be the first to reach the egg. Once the first sperm reaches it's target, the egg shuts down and will not accept any more sperm. Game over.

That astronomical number of sperm released is nature's way of ensuring that only the best of the best reach the prize.

However, raising the child is the real endurance test.

My sources tell me that it now costs over $286,000 to raise a child in the USA- and that is just before college. Over a quarter of a mil!

So I'd advise you to think long and hard before going there!

It's not a decision to be made lightly if you're any sort of responsible person. The world is already full of unwanted children and starting life with such a handicap the kids are bound to turn out bad.

Our overcrowded prisons are a sad testimony to that fact.
  • oden
  • 07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Bottom line is that it takes more than sperm to make a Father and more than an egg to make a Mother.
My sources tell me that it now costs over $286,000 to raise a child in the USA- and that is just before college. Over a quarter of a mil!
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
I don't want to get into a debate on the math other than to say when your "sources" give you a number like that make sure you know what is in there. Often those are "total cost" of a child and not "incremental costs bourne by the parent"

One example: family of 4 lives in a house/apt. with a monthly housing nut of $3000 (mortgage, taxes, insurance, utilities) so the study assigns 1/4 of that to the child or $750/month. Now in many/most cases the family doesn't move to accomodate each (or any) of the children.

Studies often also assign costs of the other two biggies, health care and education, that are either not out-of-pocket and/or incremental.

Food on the other had is certainly out-of-pocket!

That said I'll cede whatever the number, kids are expensive.
Alt, have you ever had to feed a teenage boy? The $268K could be just the fast food and sneaker bill.
Once the first sperm reaches it's target, the egg shuts down and will not accept any more sperm. Game over. Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
I see?!? Kind of like marriage, huh?
Once the first sperm reaches it's target, the egg shuts down and will not accept any more sperm. Game over.
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
I see?!? Kind of like marriage, huh? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Nah. In marriage, the egg accepts sperm from other outside donors.
No one has mentioned the man realizing that he is now at the bottom of the food chain.
How does it feel to impregnant a woman? Originally Posted by Elizabeth
Wouldn't the obvious answer be: "Better than with a condom"?
Wouldn't the obvious answer be: "Better than with a condom"? Originally Posted by pjorourke
Worse has to be the poor bastard that had been wearing a rubber for the last year or so and still got her prego.
  • oden
  • 07-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Awesome, but the opposite is the worse experience ever. Thank goodness it never happened to me.
  • oden
  • 07-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Damn I type slow or should that be slowly.
Elisabeth, I realize you asked this question with the gentlemen in mind but I have to tell you that years ago, I worked for an OB/Gyn who did a lot of infertility work.

One day, a patient came in and it was her "time" to be inseminated. Well, the doctor was gone. Out of town, at the hospital, I don't recall. Anyway, the charge nurse and I set the lady up for her procedure and the doc couldn't be there so we had to perform the procedure or she would have had to wait for another month.

Bottom line, we inseminated her and she DID become pregnant! It was SO COOL! We got a woman pregnant and there were no men for miles around! AWESOME feeling!
Alt, have you ever had to feed a teenage boy? The $268K could be just the fast food and sneaker bill. Originally Posted by pjorourke
I thought that was just the text messages only. And doubles for the female gender. All until the unlimited plans came about.
Bottom line, we inseminated her and she DID become pregnant! It was SO COOL! We got a woman pregnant and there were no men for miles around! AWESOME feeling! Originally Posted by vnurse
Do you get a card on Father's Day?
Naw, probably an ugly tie.