How much does quality writing matter?

Don't worry PJ, I use a condom. Originally Posted by WTF
I think it's just a matter of taste and preferences. I don't care for trying to read all that alternating caps typing but more importantly there usually isn't much said in it anyways. When I was younger I used to eat at McDonalds all the time because it was cheap and convenient. I'm much more likely these days to go to a steakhouse but really in the end I'm still eating cow. The difference is how it's served and presented. Mostly I think in an ad where there is a lot of misspelling or poor english that it is just bad advertising and shows a lack of thought and concern for the product and if they don't care about the product then why should I. The upside is there's plenty of something out there for everybody.
I know it comes into play when deciding what emails I'll respond to and who I'll spend time with. One line emails or abbreviated "text talk" are a turn off.

My spelling and such aren't always perfect, but I put forth genuine effort when writing for my website and ads.

xoxo Sophie
Great topic I've really enjoyed reading the responses.

I always write well because, quite frankly, I am a grammar / English nerd and I can't quite bring myself to write poorly. Additionally, I appreciate when someone recognizes and is appreciative of the way in which I write.

I only see a hand full of men, and all of them are people with whom I click. My friends view me as more of a professional girlfriend (their words, not mine) than anything else. And I find that I have a great deal in common with men who appreciate a well spoken and well educated woman.

When it comes to reading e-mails from potential friends, I don't choose to pursue poorly worded, error infused messages.

Having said all of this, I am BY NO MEANS a perfect person. Trust me! Nor do I expect others to be perfect.

I just don't find a lack of written effort to be appealing.
I know it comes into play when deciding what emails I'll respond to and who I'll spend time with. One line emails or abbreviated "text talk" are a turn off.

My spelling and such aren't always perfect, but I put forth genuine effort when writing for my website and ads.

xoxo Sophie Originally Posted by SophieSimone
Sophie, I do believe I like your mindset
Great topic I've really enjoyed reading the responses.

I always write well because, quite frankly, I am a grammar / English nerd and I can't quite bring myself to write poorly. Additionally, I appreciate when someone recognizes and is appreciative of the way in which I write.

I only see a hand full of men, and all of them are people with whom I click. My friends view me as more of a professional girlfriend (their words, not mine) than anything else. And I find that I have a great deal in common with men who appreciate a well spoken and well educated woman.

When it comes to reading e-mails from potential friends, I don't choose to pursue poorly worded, error infused messages.

Having said all of this, I am BY NO MEANS a perfect person. Trust me! Nor do I expect others to be perfect.

I just don't find a lack of written effort tio be appealing. Originally Posted by MorganAmanda
Your blog is a good read Morgan. You remind me a lot of an old girlfriend, beautiful porcelain skin and just as lovely.
Aww ... Artman, you are making me blush Thank you!
  • oden
  • 07-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Your blog is a good read Morgan. You remind me a lot of an old girlfriend, beautiful porcelain skin and just as lovely. Originally Posted by Sa_artman
He is pulling your leg. What he really wants to say is "Me Tarzan, you Jane. I have lot's of bananas" LOL
He is pulling your leg. What he really wants to say is "Me Tarzan, you Jane. I have lot's of bananas" LOL Originally Posted by oden
Touche' Oden. But hey, whatever it takes...I'll put the loin cloth on.
Put a suit on and we're in business!

Suit = sexy

Loin Cloth = soooo tacky

*shudders*
Put a suit on and we're in business!

Suit = sexy

Loin Cloth = soooo tacky

*shudders* Originally Posted by MorganAmanda
Thank God. I don't think Oden was going to let me borrow his.
I know it comes into play when deciding what emails I'll respond to and who I'll spend time with. One line emails or abbreviated "text talk" are a turn off. Originally Posted by SophieSimone

Agreed. Gentlemen who posses decent correspondence skills get a big + in my book.
One line emails or abbreviated "text talk" are a turn off.
xoxo Sophie Originally Posted by SophieSimone
Agreed. Gentlemen who posses decent correspondence skills get a big + in my book. Originally Posted by brittanylennox
Raises an interesting question: a lot of providers (at least in my experience) operate on text messages ("go to corner x & y, text when there"). Again, in my experience, few use the phone, and if they use email, it looks like text. So, do you ladies operate by text (i.e. 2 call system) or what?
I don't use text (the option isn't even on my phone), I prefer an email or phone call.

xoxo Sophie