Her Greatest Fear

I often fear that my 1.3" of dangling death will get smaller.
I would say that being killed is an exaggerated fear in provider's minds.

. . . You have a much higher chance of being killed in a traffic accident than by some crazed customer. As for being arrested, that's where good screening comes in.

Providers pick your worse fear!

For me, my fears are listed in order (from the list above):

1. Being killed

2. Arrest

3. Getting an STD

4. Being outed to employer or family and friends.

5. Getting a stalker

6. Becoming jaded Originally Posted by samantha thom
Be nice, FG. Not all fear is based on logic. I think Samantha's are consistent with her profession. I particularly liked #6. It's very rational and intuitive.
  • Old-T
  • 05-15-2013, 07:58 AM
I would say that being killed is an exaggerated fear in provider's minds.

. . . You have a much higher chance of being killed in a traffic accident than by some crazed customer. As for being arrested, that's where good screening comes in.
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
You seem to live a rather sheltered life in this corner of the universe.

The reality is the risks—both type and severity—vary tremendously with where a lady works, what her client base and business practices are. For you to try and tell ladies which fears are “real” and which are “just in their heads” is incredibly presumptive of you.

In 40 years of driving I have never been in a serious accident. In thirty years of playing in this corner of the universe I have buried two ladies who were murdered by clients. Neither was a streetwalker, both were members of established communities like this. Both screened. If we talk about different parts of the profession writ large the odds of a violent client go up substantially. If you grew up where I did you wouldn’t question that in the least. I know for a fact that there is a subset of THIS web site that has some very, very dangerous guys on it who have in the past threatened and hurt ladies.

So ask your original question—I think it was a good one. But your need to then pontificate on what fears are and are not legitimate (fear is an inherently subjective thing, based upon a person’s entire experience base) gets old, especially when you do not have as broad a knowledge base as you think you do.
My greatest fears are running into LE and bad clients.
Okay, ladies, let's hear what is your greatest fear in this business?

Is it unscheduled encounters with LE, problems with bad customers, not enough customers, customers who are broke, but still want to see you on a payment plan and ten pouns of hamburger meat.

. . . What is it?

Not enough clients.
Well, I am at times forceful in order to convey my point emphatically, but I am still being nice.

The fact is that a lot of fear is irrational not based on any system of logic and that fact is precisely what I am trying to expose here.

. . . As I mentioned before, ignorance is the breeding ground of fear. My intention with this thread is to bring that irrational fear to the light of day and thereby diminish its power over the minds of people in general and providers in particular.

Be nice, FG. Not all fear is based on logic. I think Samantha's are consistent with her profession. I particularly liked #6. It's very rational and intuitive. Originally Posted by daty/o
Falling really in love
  • Old-T
  • 05-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Falling really in love Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
And why is that something to fear?
As old as you are, but you really still don't know?

That is the oldest rookie mistake in the hobby.

You fall in love, she breaks your heart and the subsequent pain will be tragically profound and long enduring.

. . . It's best not to play with fire!

And why is that something to fear? Originally Posted by Old-T

You fall in love, she breaks your heart and the subsequent pain will be tragically profound and long enduring.
And as much as it pains me to say it, her fear is as valid as ours. Unfortunately, it isn't only providers that have a penchant for being flighty and unreliable. Would you want to get involved with someone who was already proving to be untrustworthy?
While I agree with the above statement, we can't change others. All we can do is do our very BEST NOT to be a dick with the ladies when we interact with them individually. The more of us that try to achieve that goal individually and personally, the better. Originally Posted by RedLeg505
So very true.
As old as you are, but you really still don't know?

That is the oldest rookie mistake in the hobby.

. . . It's best not to play with fire!

Isn't that true for falling in love with ANYONE?
Well, yes in principle, but it's not remotely the same when dealing with providers as it is with civilians.

Providers become providers because they are generally better looking than average and find they can make fairly easy money selling sex and in the process, easily captivate foolish hearts.

Rookies can easily become enamored and forget that the sex comes wrapped in a fantasy and can mistake mere good rapport for mutual feelings when actually there are none behind the veil of illusion.

. . . In either case, a person needs to guard their heart closely and not become emotionally attached because the relationship can easily become extinguished for a multitude of often even trivial reasons and vanish like a puff of smoke in an instant. It happens every day and the pain is very real, excruciating and long lasting. Sometimes even tragically ending in suicide because one party could not handle the trauma of losing a loved one.

Isn't that true for falling in love with ANYONE? Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
Sometimes even tragically ending in suicide because one party could not handle the trauma of losing a loved one.
Ok now That's a bit dramatic. But yes co-dependency can turn into a serious psychological problem