It must be housing costs.

• Carl
  • 03-23-2010, 05:30 PM
While I prefer Dom Perignon or Krug (my wallet doesn't always), I often drink Veuve Clicquot or Piper Heidsieck, but will never go back to Taylor, Andre, or Freixenet!!! Originally Posted by Spacemtn
But what about Ripple, sir? Or a wine cooler with a splash of 7-Up?
Ahhh, I remember with fond memories the days of Ripple and Boone's Farm and the massive hangovers produced by the aforementioned swill!!!!
Ah....growing up on MadDog 20/20... I agree with Spacemtn...Veuve Clicquot was an every day champagne for years with the wife(although I due truly prefer Moet and Chandon's White Star now) and Dom for celebrations is *sweeeet* Geez, I need to go to Spec's and get a couple of cases again.

On point, what I haven't heard discussed is that Austin is primarily in a "blue" county (democrat) whereas Dallas and Houston are primarily in a "red" (republican) county.

Interestingly enough, 2007 average salaries put Dallas metro area at $19.98/hour, Austin metro area at 19.87, and Houston metro area at 19.72 - not much difference in wages. Source: http://recenter.tamu.edu/mreports/AustinRRock.pdf Page 14 Cost of living index for the 3 areas are also very similar. Source: http://www.cityrating.com/costOfLivi...X&city=Houston

However, median ages do differ - Houston=30.90, Dallas=30.50, Austin=29.60

Interestingly enough, Texas has a high ratio of men to 100 women. Per the Census bureau, there are 98.6 men for every 100 women in the state.

What does all that mean? nothing as any good statistician can spin that to support any argument LOL but I did want to stay on point
Dammit,
Average salaries are similar, but Austin differs in that average household income is at the peak of HH incomes in this State.
BTW, M&C White Star is also one of my fav's!! Have fun at Spec's and stay away from the MD/2020 aisle!!!
Dang, I must be looking at different providers in Austin. The ones I've seen are smoking hot with great reviews. Before I take your statement as a fact I would need to see a comparative analysis study completed by a neutral organization that gathered data from control and test groups using a qualitative analysis to gather the data to prove or disprove your hypothesis about the girls in dallas and in austin. Originally Posted by jarhead1171

Yep I'm with you, what ladies are you looking at? Let's see the comparative analysis study!

Always naughty
Nico!
Yep I'm with you, what ladies are you looking at? Let's see the comparative analysis study!

Always naughty
Nico! Originally Posted by NicoSuicide
Howdy, Folks!

As stated earlier:

But maybe it depends on who we find "smokin' hot".
I realize this is all very subjective and hard to quantify... Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia

It is subjective.

Besides - I wasn't comparing ladies in this thread.

I was comparing cities and the differences in pricing in those cities for what at first appeared to be similar sorts of services.

I say, "at first," because as has been mentioned subsequently to my initial questions, there's a segment of service - Spa / AMP(and to a lesser degree, Street Action) - that is lacking in the Austin area that could certainly contribute to this phenomenon.

The same could be for macintosh apple sellers.

As in:

"1. Why is a macintosh apple seller in some cases 50% less in Houston or Dallas than Austin?

2. Are the macintosh apple sellers that find it challenging to compete in other cities flocking to Austin in the hopes that "proximity will win out" and they will get business here instead of fellows just taking a road trip to better pickings?"

Same kind of apples, just different cities.

Then, someone mentions there's Winesap and Fuji Apple sellers in Dallas and Houston. They cost less, but remember - they're not Macintoshes.

That said - they *are* apples, and if all you want is an apple, and you don't care if it's a Winesap, Fuji, or Macintosh, you won't be using their particular variety as criteria for comparison.

No "comparative analysis" is required; it's all apples.

The question then may become - why aren't conditions conducive for Winesaps and Fujis to be available in Austin?

So, how 'bout them apples, huh?
I agree Knotty. Reading Sophie's posts kinda turn me on tho.....lol. AND.....this thread should always be remembered as being the birth of the term ' FIESTA PUSSY'

I am surprised however that the political venue was never mentioned. I have always assumed that things were a little more here as result of the type political visitors we have from all over the state and country. I agree that our engineers and tekkies are a driver but would assume the politikers, lobbyists and the like would be a larger driver - only the ladies could confirm that I suppose.

Great thread!! Originally Posted by richcran
i agree.... just thinking of sophie saying pussy (fiesta or other) turns me on. i dont know what it is about her. but HOLY FUCK that girl oozes sex appeal!!
deleted for unnecessary bravado.
Sophia I am with you on this one...I'm going to "watch the wall and see what color its gon be" (Color Purple)!
Sophia I am with you on this one...I'm going to "watch the wall and see what color its gon be" (Color Purple)! Originally Posted by KatherineJones
What are you with me on? That Houston GFE rates are about the same as Austin? The Color Purple reference has me lost.
Yes. That it is the same. Movie reference meaning not going to go into bravdo. I also ht delete on some thougts just going to sit back and see if they realize and understand what you are saying.
This is a HAPPY reply, hope it sounds that way..........Wow, I know quite a few smoking hot providers (including myself) that live in Austin. I don't think the disappointing showcase you saw was indicative of Austin quality as a whole.

Ladies set rates for numerous reasons, as I'm sure you know. Could be because of the risks they take, the bills they have, the goals they want to accomplish, or how they value themselves, etc. I personally care for an elderly family member, takes a lot to stay alive these days when you get up there.

I like roadtrips, personally. Sounds like you might be enjoying some too!