Tulsa race riots

I trust the 1921 commission numbers. 36 dead. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Of course you do, winnsy. It moves your racists narratives forward. Why did you even posts this discussion if you weren't trying to stokes the flames of racials unrest in the Great White South?

Give your flaps a tug.
I've said this before, a few times, but one thing I like about the "Lefties" vs. the "Righties" on this Forum, is the Left is much more skilled at hitting back. more articulate, witty, and accomplished. I don't know if that is due to intellect (I'm sure that is part of it) or what, but it is true, I see it daily.
The riot began over Memorial Day weekend after 19-year-old Dick Rowland, a black shoeshiner, was accused of assaulting Sarah Page, the 17-year-old white elevator operator of the nearby Drexel Building. He was taken into custody. A subsequent gathering of angry local whites outside the courthouse where Rowland was being held, and the spread of rumors he had been lynched, alarmed the local black population, some of whom arrived at the courthouse armed. Shots were fired and twelve people were killed: ten white and two black.[17] As news of these deaths spread throughout the city, mob violence exploded.--wiki

After this the greenwood citizens hid the perpetrators from the authorities Originally Posted by winn dixie
Doesn't say who fired first. Just that the blacks had better aim than whites.
I've said this before, a few times, but one thing I like about the "Lefties" vs. the "Righties" on this Forum, is the Left is much more skilled at hitting back. more articulate, witty, and accomplished. I don't know if that is due to intellect (I'm sure that is part of it) or what, but it is true, I see it daily. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Maybe because it takes more intellects to address the batshitterys puts out there by the Trumpholians.

We've gots our share of batshit crazies, but nothings like yous in the Great White South. And theys aren't nearly as much fun.

It was 98 years ago. So much of story has been hidden, evidence destroyed and the people back then wanted to pretend it never happened..Tulsa is a cool town with a rich history. Its the garden spot of the whole state.

But bad things happened in 1921.. Bad things happen everywhere
It was 98 years ago. So much of story has been hidden, evidence destroyed and the people back then wanted to pretend it never happened..Tulsa is a cool town with a rich history. Its the garden spot of the whole state.

But bad things happened in 1921.. Bad things happen everywhere Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Yep Tulsa is a beautiful great town.. Cant find the article, but it stated people didnt talk about it nor was the tragedy taught in schools.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

Are we going to give black Tulsans reparations?

I'm not watching the Watchmen on HBO. Big fan of the movie. IMO, the best "Superhero" film ever. Canceled my sub right after GoT ended.
I've said this before, a few times, but one thing I like about the "Lefties" vs. the "Righties" on this Forum, is the Left is much more skilled at hitting back. more articulate, witty, and accomplished. I don't know if that is due to intellect (I'm sure that is part of it) or what, but it is true, I see it daily. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
You keep saying it and keep disproving it.
  • oeb11
  • 12-18-2019, 01:57 PM
CT takes his assertion from the House of Representatives.

Are we going to give black Tulsans reparations? Originally Posted by gnadfly

Something similar has already happened. Direct descendants from the riots were granted scholarships and business loans from a lawsuit not long ago.
I've said this before, a few times, but one thing I like about the "Lefties" vs. the "Righties" on this Forum, is the Left is much more skilled at hitting back. more articulate, witty, and accomplished. I don't know if that is due to intellect (I'm sure that is part of it) or what, but it is true, I see it daily. Originally Posted by Chung Tranny

Maybe because it takes more intellects to address the batshitterys puts out there by the Trumpholians.

We've gots our share of batshit crazies, but nothings like yous in the Great White South. And theys aren't nearly as much fun.

Originally Posted by HoeHummer(Assup)

Originally Posted by Hotrod511
nice pic of you, but it is impolite to post you and winndixie together.. he may have another Butt Buddy he favors over you

Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Your use of Identity Politics and the "Double Posting" prove who you are, YRSE...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/the-...d-a-bomb-on-me

The Gap Band were originally known as the Greenwood, Archer and Pine Street Band in 1967, in their hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma. They eventually settled on the shorter name, and as a band comprised of three brothers, were marketed as an R&B version of the Bee Gees.

The Wilson brothers' hometown of Tulsa is also the site of the worst race riot in United States history, which happened May 31, 1921. The riot had its flashpoint at the Drexel Building at 319 South Main Street, when a young white girl claimed that a young black man had assaulted her in the elevator. Previous to this time, because it was one of the wealthiest black communities in America, it was known as "the black Wall Street."

Are we going to give black Tulsans reparations? Originally Posted by gnadfly

if there was a case for reparations, the Greenwood/Tulsa incident would be one.

there are some people alive from that event.