The Official 2023 Texas Rangers Division Series and World Series Thread

Ray Davis and Company are smart and cashing in while they can. They just announced they’re expanding the watch party at the stadium tonight to 20k. Entry fee won’t earn them much, but the concessions and merch sales will be through the roof.

https://fox4news.com/news/texas-rang...rty-game-3-4-5

I shouldn’t be such a lazy fuck, and go check out that scene.
No-hit for 6 innings tonight, but the Rangers bats can explode at any time. Great series, can't wait for the Parade and/or Official Celebration. Keep it Arlington-based, Dallas and Fort Worth not involved.
lets fuckinjjg go!!! world champs i donnt car$e if im drunk af!!! WE FINISHED A BOTTLE OF DON JULIO AND PATRON IN CELEBRATION!!! lfg!!!!
BTW VIPER is fuuuuuuucked up right now BUIT LETS GO RANGERS!!!
No-hit for 6 innings tonight, but the Rangers bats can explode at any time. Great series, can't wait for the Parade and/or Official Celebration. Keep it Arlington-based, Dallas and Fort Worth not involved. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Not surprisingly, they did. Not a hard call from Rangers ownership, since they are invested in the development around the stadium. I’m sure Texas Live will be racking up the sales on Friday.
That World Series win saved me a lot of whoring dollars. I jerked off half a dozen times last night.
That World Series win saved me a lot of whoring dollars. I jerked off half a dozen times last night. Originally Posted by onlyAMPs4menow
TMI!

Let's rock and roll!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Y6lgn-AiQ
Parade tomorrow in Arlington at noonish

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/r...ation/3376384/
I went to the parade with some family that wanted to go. It was cool to have a big celebration for this city that put so much of its heart and soul into this team (unlike the Cowboys, who still belong to Dallas imo).

The traffic getting there was manageable for those who know the side roads and didn’t wait until the last minute. The Cowboys opened up more of their lots than originally reported, so we had no issues finding a parking spot not too far from the parade route.

The parade itself took way too long. It got started on time, but after the marching bands there was a wait before the requisite politicos drove by, then more time passed, then trucks with Rangers employees, then a truck here and there with front office, then finally players…one per truck for the most part. Finally the starters, one per pickup (with family).

It took two frigging hours, when it could have been over in a half hour. Thank god the weather was perfect.

Once Bochy drove by with the trophy, half the crowd headed towards Texas Live where the big stage was, but we headed the other way with what appeared to be the other half of the crowd, towards our cars. Getting out of the entertainment district took as long as you might imagine in a city with that many people and no mass transit (and most of the attendees not even living in the city). I heard there was some gunplay in one of the parking lots near us…no surprise, as that was the worst part of the whole experience.

Still, I’m glad I went. The crowd was friendly and in good spirits. Despite waiting for hours, and some over night, there was plenty energy for the stars as they drive by. I imagine if they win another, the city will learn from this parade (assuming they have another in arlington), but the emotion won’t be the same. This was catharsis for a fan base that won’t be matched unless it takes another 50 years.
It's not a celebration without any gunplay.

Did they have any food vendors?
It's not a celebration without any gunplay.

Did they have any food vendors? Originally Posted by CG2014
A few vendors showed up on their own. They had concessions for sale inside Choctaw. But at some point prior to when we got there at 10:30 they stopped allowing people to cross the street to get inside the loop that formed the parade route.

That was one part that wasn’t thought through very well, but then I don’t think they spent much time thinking through the whole event. Given the crap they got in 2011 when someone dared bring up planning for a parade while the team was still playing, it appears they did no prep work that would require them to reach out to the broader community (like food truck vendors, which would have been easy to do).

They did not try to police what people brought to the parade, so lots of folks came prepared, particularly with booze. I saw quite a few folks who were carrying nothing but a 12-pack lol. We had packed snacks and water, as I suspect was the case with a lot of folks with kids in tow.

Just another complication you don’t have to worry about when you have a parade in a city center. Restaurants are already there and can open for business. When you have a large section of the 2-mile route running through parking lots, there aren’t restaurants…or restrooms…readily available.
Trial and error for a first time parade celebration for the team. There's going to be good and bad all in one.

One report said 300,000 people and another said 750,000 people.

One report said 300,000 people and another said 750,000 people. Originally Posted by Admiral Giggle
The Trump Inauguration Committe said 750,000, the Houston Astros Director of Marketing said 300,000

I watched a portion of it on TV, and learned that the little lake beteeen the Ballpark and the E-Sports complex has an actual name.. I already forgot what, but I want to say named after a former Mayor (not Vandergriff)?
Greene. He was the mayor when what is now Choctaw Stadium was built.
Just felt like cheering again TEXAS RANGERS WORLD CHAMPIONS,,!,!!,%,
Don’t know if I personally will see this again in my life time.

So I’ve been in Dallas long enough to see all big four sports championships. That’s something.