Dining in Dallas

Ferrings/ nobu/abacus/ screen door
  • 69er
  • 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM
I had a really, really wonderful trip. I'm not much of a sushi fan (OK, at all...) but Fearings and 3forks and a number of others all were great. Found 3 other extraordinary places that fit my style well...but since this isn't YELP, I'll hold the reviews.

And Dallas, you're still the Queen of Texas for me. Private thank you's have certainly been issued as appropriate but to the entire city, my gratitude. Originally Posted by JDNorthface
Hey, that's not fair! Do share! Dallas has so many restaurants, there is no way any human could eat at all of them. Where did you go, that you really enjoyed? I'd love to hear, as it is always fun to try something others recommend.

We can have different priorities, and these can often influence our choices. For example, Jessiejeannie mentioned Texas de Brazil. I've eaten at Texas de Brazil and Fogo de Chao. I would say both are very good, but I think the flavor and meat quality is a bit better at Fogo de Chao. Now Fogo is a lot more money than Texas de Brazil, so I would say that Texas de Brazil is the better value per doller, but Fogo has the better food. So, if I want 90% of the goodness at 70% the price, it goes to Texas de Brazil, but if someone else is getting the tab, let's Fogo! LOL
Three forks has always been one of my favroites . Houston's and Gloria's too . Love Houston's spinach dip . Yummy !
My favs..

For sushi, I recommend Tei Tei or for Soba and Tepeyaki, Tei An. If you prefer something in uptown, Nobu is also good.

Steak - Their's quite a few already mentioned that are good [Palms, 3forks, bob's, etc], personal favorite is Al Berneit's

Brunch - Bread Winners. Their dinner entree's are also good if you're looking for something more casual in the evenings. The location in uptown is next to the quarter bar.

Best Burger - At a nice place, probably Parigi's - Known more for its French food, but their burgers are really good. Other honorable mentions - Keller's Drive In, Village Burger

Southern Cuisine - Nicest place for fried chicken, Hatties. If you can't get dinner reservations, try their Brunch menu. Best casual place, Bubba's [get the fried chicken strips and gravy.. its like crack]

Best Tacos - Honestly, the Taco stands in the ghetto that open up after 10 PM have some seriously good Fajitas, barbacoa, carnitas, etc. [its BBQ'd in front of you] Although, you need to speak the language or just point to the taco. PM me for intersection.

Best Chinese Food - Their aren't many nice Chinese places here. If you like Orange chicken, I would try First Chinese BBQ. If you've had really good authentic stuff from China, don't even bother with the Chinese food here.
The French Room is by far the BEST dining in Dallas, in my opinion.
http://www.hoteladolphus.com/dining/the-french-room
Most Have already been mentioned:

Sushi: Tei Tei: One of my favorite restaurants in Dallas

Mexican: Javier's: upscale mexican cuisine...love this place

Steak: Al Biernet's: The bison is excellent
III Forks: Gene in his powder blue and baby pink suits makes this place always an enjoyable outing

Brunch: Breadwinners has the best brunch in town, & the uptown location is great for people watching

Late night: Burger bar in West Village...good quality food for those that do not like fast food.
Rocco's: Open until 4AM, extensive menu, the broccoli cheese soup is awesome!
Cafe Brazil: The Oak lawn location is my favorite....everything on the menu is awesome!
Hayden, Love your choices. I still havent been to Al Biernet's. I want to. Also want to go to Sevy's.

Breadwinners! Awesome brunch, salmon benedict! Also love the chipotle chicken sandwich with raspberry sauce for lunch. mmm

Sushi: Shin sei of Dallas on Inwood. YUM I get cravings for that place.

Can't go wrong with Fearing's at the Ritz. Love their spinach!!

For the best fine dining atmosphere, architecture and service the French Room at the Adolphus.
Fearing's is yum!!
Bob's Chop House on Lemmon...if you want a primo steak...good wine selection as well. Originally Posted by captnzen
That place is phenomenal!
I love, love, LOVE Abacus! Also, Nick & Sam's... their lobster and lamb, nomnomnom lol Nobu is good. Max's Wine Dive is great for brunch as is Sfuzzi's. I love seafood so Boiling Crab is a must, no frills as mentioned, but amazingly delicious nonetheless!
It only great bar food but hey do hand cut the steaks and great double cut pork chops and the best thin crust pizza outside of Chicago can be found at LOUIES on henderson
+1 for celebration. It's not fine dining. It's just excellent home cooking from a place that made a decision to be a great neighborhood restaurant.

I suppose the OP needs to narrow down what they are looking for because Dallas has so many great dining experiences in all shapes and sizes.