Supreme court missed chance to correct Citizens United 'mistake': White House

• CJ7
  • 06-26-2012, 04:22 PM
I do agree that we need serious term limits. I think that should include any elected position even that of the Supreme Court Judges. I also believe that those in elected positions are paid too much money, and are given too much period. The laws need to apply to these elected officials and we need to get rid of some of the laws that protect elected officials,their states from lawsuits and or from being prosecuted for various crimes. Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1

min wage and let them buy their insurance away from the group plan

HELLOOOOOOOO ... can you hear the middle class now?
Another thing I'd like to see is the more they spend to get elected, the less they receive in pay and benefits. If they can spend millions of dollars to get elected to a position that pays $150K, they don't need a salary, retirement benefits, free gym, staff allowance or expense account.
I have stated this same thing in another post. This alone will not solve the problem. Yes it will improve the states roll in the federal government and may have stopped many of the programs of the new deal and the great society, however, term limits would be equally beneficial. The two together would set in motion events that would drastically limit the size of government over the next decade or two. Originally Posted by fetishfreak
there was a black congressman up here in Oklahoma that believe in it and did it

His name J.C. Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._Watts

then on the subject of how much money they make, I have a friend who is Don Nickles (former Oklahoma US senator) brother in law and he told him that he was getting out of the senate to make some real money, that being a lobbist
Essence, go back to feeling superior.

Basically, it is the best governing document ever written down. Our Bill of Rights is incomparable. The structure of our government was genius.
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
So tell me again, who exactly is feeling superior?
So our current economic woes have nothing to do with financial regulation? It's a good example of how, when left to their own devices, the people get greedy and over extend themselves, so other systems are need to exert some kind of restraint. Like regulations. Like, I have to admit, courts of law.

Plus you do the normal and create a lie by saying that democrats want to tax private companies out of existence. Turn on the lights. No they do not. Another lie from you.

Although I agree, neither unions nor companies should be allowed to donate to political parties. We have a big problem in the UK because the unions provide a large part of Labour party funding. I would ban both. Plus funding political parties should be out of taxed income. Originally Posted by essence
are you living in Britain?
there was a black congressman up here in Oklahoma that believe in it and did it

His name J.C. Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._Watts

then on the subject of how much money they make, I have a friend who is Don Nickles (former Oklahoma US senator) brother in law and he told him that he was getting out of the senate to make some real money, that being a lobbist Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Don't confuse this one with a comedian!
Corporations are persons. Change that law and it'll solve some of the issues discussed here.
are you living in Britain? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
About 50/50 US and UK. I have interests and commitments and responsibilities in both.