Provider carring a gun?

I assume all providers are carrying a form of self defense people are crazy and you never know when something might go down its like a condom it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.......... if I walked into a providers place and there was an ar 15 on the nightstand I would probably ask to see it rather than be afraid of it.... maybe that's just me but being a gun enthusiast the topic has come up with more than one provider and it's been my experience that more providers carry than don't
  • Luxie
  • 04-15-2016, 09:54 AM
This is an interesting topic. I know I'd be slightly nervous knowing a client was carrying. I do have several forms of self defense, but nothing lethal.
You're not assuming that since a weapon is concealed it can't be seen? Best you read your own comment. It makes you a target 'cause you're the first I'm gonna get out of the way if I were so inclined.

I have two level 1 Blackhawk holsters. One "Duty" one "conceal". Both are configured as a paddle in a cross draw configuration when/if I wear. Otherwise, I don't "carry", nobody is out to get me and my ego is not that hard to satisfy! I will not be in the same room/place where someone is carrying, except cops and at gun shops which is rare.

I didn't assume shit.
You said carrying made you a target. HOW? You run across a lot of psychic gangsters in your lifestyle, or do you not own a good IWB holster? Originally Posted by zeejoe
I had a date X years ago scheduled right after work. I told the lady on the phone I was packing. She let me come. Later she said she didn't even notice. I didn't believe that but whatever. How could she have missed it?

This is an interesting topic. I know I'd be slightly nervous knowing a client was carrying. I do have several forms of self defense, but nothing lethal. Originally Posted by GemmaFox
if I walked into a providers place and there was an ar 15 on the nightstand I would probably ask to see it rather than be afraid of it.t Originally Posted by lovethickgirls
I'd start a discussion on what the best weapon is for "home defense"! A long gun is just stupid! An auto PDW is best but who wants to pay the ATF fee? A semi auto PDW or handgun is a very close second.

If a provider let me know she was carrying I would perceive it as a threat, contact the police and state I had been threatened with a gun.
I wouldn't be very afraid of a "gone".

If a provider let me know she was carrying I would perceive it as a threat, contact the police and state I had been threatened with a gone. Originally Posted by Whispers
Screen your clients and screen your playmates and the gun issue goes away. Originally Posted by CaptainKaos
Don't kid yourself: screening is like contraception: never 100% trustworthy.
One of the best dates of my life was with a young lady who said quite proudly that she had a .45 hidden somewhere in the room and a shotgun out in her car for if she ever felt threatened. I was happy that the session was over when she told me that, or I might have been preoccupied during.

If I am checking out a provider's Tumblr or Facebook or Instagram or Snapchat or whatever, I will often get turned off by things I see. Gun worship would be one of those things.
As a practicing Libertarian, I see nothing to be concerned with given the facts presented. It's not like she's regularly pulling a Yosemite Sam during the session. I got a LOT of shit in my house that MIGHT hurt someone, but as long as they don't drink my bleach, OD on my ibuprofen, or do a rail of Comet off my ass, they're probably going to be ok here.
Yep, "felt threatened" or "feared for my life" is all it takes. Works for the cops and you're in their house!

As I've said elsewhere, if I carry a gun it would be to protect myself from the right wing gun nut!

One of the best dates of my life was with a young lady who said quite proudly that she had a .45 hidden somewhere in the room and a shotgun out in her car for if she ever felt threatened. I was happy that the session was over when she told me that, or I might have been preoccupied during.

If I am checking out a provider's Tumblr or Facebook or Instagram or Snapchat or whatever, I will often get turned off by things I see. Gun worship would be one of those things. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
I think they do too. I think they rent out sub machine guns!! I think it was there I linked up with my son a few years ago for his birthday. We blew away $200+ in ammo in less than an hour!

We had a choice between a Thompson and MP5. Chose the MP5. One check on the bucket list.

Originally Posted by dumars

BS! There was, or is, a place out South that you can rent those things, but it is not the Bullet Hole.

Was/is, is because the let a kid shoot without enough warning about the kick. Don't know about the final results of that mess-up!

I never did care to use machine guns, especially the Thompson. I did not care to carry a BAR when we had M-14's. Not a lot more you can do with a 30/06 that a 308 won't do.

JR

JR
If a provider let me know she was carrying I would perceive it as a threat, contact the police and state I had been threatened with a gun. Originally Posted by Whispers

That would be a lie! More people than you can think about carry. I have carried decades with only only 4 occasions when I let people know I was carrying. One of those were when assholes were waiting in the shadows near a night depository box. When they came out of the stairwell shadow I just said with authority: "Don't even think about it, I am armed!"

It was amazing how they stopped and went the other way. Even if they where not planning on mugging me, why where they near the night depository?

I feel no regret in giving the challenge; it allowed for maintaining the distance between us so that the gun was not needed.

JR
For the life of me I cannot remember the name of that place. I found out about it with a Amazon "coupon" they used to do on local businesses. I fired the M3 a few times so I'm sure the Thompson would be worse. MP5 is more compact therefore easier and with 9mm less recoil. It was fun. Also helps not to "John Wayne" it too! A kid or even an adult with no experience would empty a mag with a single trigger squeeze! They see it in movies all the time so it must be ok, right? SURPRISE!

Even a 9mil will literally knock you to the ground if you're not ready.

BS! There was, or is, a place out South that you can rent those things, but it is not the Bullet Hole.

Was/is, is because the let a kid shoot without enough warning about the kick. Don't know about the final results of that mess-up!

I never did care to use machine guns, especially the Thompson. I did not care to carry a BAR when we had M-14's. Not a lot more you can do with a 30/06 that a 308 won't do.

JR

JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence