"I was afraid for my life!"

Not even the U.S. Supreme Court has taken than position. The case is ...

Tennessee vs. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985), which was based upon the "reasonableness" of the "seizure," which is how the SCOTUS evaluated the 4th amendment application to the shooting of a fleeing child by an LE officer.

To assert such a hard and fast rule or conclusion ignores all possible explanations.

"The use of deadly force to prevent the escape of all felony suspects, whatever the circumstances, is constitutionally unreasonable. It is not better that all felony suspects die than that they escape. Where the suspect poses no immediate threat to the officer and no threat to others, the harm resulting from failing to apprehend him does not justify the use of deadly force to do so. It is no doubt unfortunate when a suspect who is in sight escapes, but the fact that the police arrive a little late or are a little slower afoot does not always justify killing the suspect. A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead. .....

"It is not, however, unconstitutional on its face. Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force. Thus, if the suspect threatens the officer with a weapon or there is probable cause to believe that he has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm, deadly force may be used if necessary to prevent escape, and if, where [12] feasible, some warning has been given."

There are circumstances when shooting a fleeing suspect in the back is justified. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Did you even bother to read what you copied and pasted?
  • shanm
  • 04-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Jesus Christ the cop was charged with murder, what the fuck more do you want. What he wasn't charged fast enough, if there wasn't a video who knows what would have happened, but there was and the system has worked thus far, at least wait until there is a case for it before you start the Sharpton campaign. Originally Posted by dirty dog
What we're arguing here is the idea of what would have happened IF the video didn't exist. Most of these encounters, including Michael Brown's, aren't caught on video.

system has worked thus far

What we're also arguing here is how you and your friends have such amazing insight into the justice system.
"system has worked so far" How the FUCK do you know? you weren't there. How can you be absolutely certain that the overwhelming majority of these cases that aren't caught on video are always the way they are decided. Use your fucking common sense and tell me that there would be no bias involved when judging a cop versus a person who is FUCKING DEAD.
Did you even watch the video? The pig tried to plant the taser on the victim. I would bet any amount of money that you and your friends would be up in arms over this if the video didn't exist, and not on the side of the victim.

I went to Botswana on a safari once. On my first day, I watched a lion rip apart a young buffalo calf. It pained me. I was really young and I wanted to help. You know what the Safari guide told me? He said "if you're witnessing this (and capturing it on camera), it probably happens a dozen times every day just in this range. It's the way of life, and you can't change it". That is the way of life in Africa, and police killing/injuring/arresting innocent people could very well be the way of life here in America.

Just because this one video exists doesn't mean that every police officer is that way, but it is indicative of a systemic problem that exists within our law enforcement system. To deny it, you would either have to be blind/retarded or you would have to be a republican. That's the truth, plain and simple.
It's interesting that your tone almost indicates an indignation on your part. A case? A fleeing man was shot in the BACK. Even in the Old West, that was the pinnacle of cowardice. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Any indignation that I might have would not be directed at the situation only the person who started this thread. What the cop did was wrong, its murder and he should hang, but its irritating that even when the system works some have to play the al Sharpton role. If you got anything else out of my statement your just left side fishing.
Jesus Christ the cop was charged with murder, what the fuck more do you want. What he wasn't charged fast enough, if there wasn't a video who knows what would have happened, but there was and the system has worked thus far, at least wait until there is a case for it before you start the Sharpton campaign. Originally Posted by dirty dog
Any indignation that I might have would not be directed at the situation only the person who started this thread. What the cop did was wrong, its murder and he should hang, but its irritating that even when the system works some have to play the al Sharpton role. If you got anything else out of my statement your just left side fishing. Originally Posted by dirty dog
I don't know what left-side fishing is but when you begin a statement like that, you're projecting indignation whether you intended to or not. What's irritating is when you say the system worked in this case and then by extension, assume it works in every case. People are irritated because something like this keeps happening over and over, despite your contention that 'the system has worked thus far'.
What we're arguing here is the idea of what would have happened IF the video didn't exist. Most of these encounters, including Michael Brown's, aren't caught on video.

system has worked thus far

What we're also arguing here is how you and your friends have such amazing insight into the justice system.
"system has worked so far" How the FUCK do you know? you weren't there. Because the cop has been charged with murder. How can you be absolutely certain that the overwhelming majority of these cases that aren't caught on video are always the way they are decided. I am not talking about any case other than this one and in this case the system is working. Use your fucking common sense and tell me that there would be no bias involved when judging a cop versus a person who is FUCKING DEAD.
Did you even watch the video? I did watch the video and the cop is being charged with murder, what other outcome would you like. The pig tried to plant the taser on the victim. He sure did and that is why he will be convicted. I would bet any amount of money that you and your friends would be up in arms over this if the video didn't exist, and not on the side of the victim. You have no idea how I feel, who I am or what I am about. You have know idea who my friends are, if you did you would know just how stupid you sound right now. I have been on the wrong side of the law for over 30 years, I am no friend of the Police.

I went to Botswana on a safari once. On my first day, I watched a lion rip apart a young buffalo calf. It pained me. I was really young and I wanted to help. You know what the Safari guide told me? He said "if you're witnessing this (and capturing it on camera), it probably happens a dozen times every day just in this range. It's the way of life, and you can't change it". That is the way of life in Africa, and police killing/injuring/arresting innocent people could very well be the way of life here in America. Well don't blame the Republicans, no other administration has done more to steal personal liberties than the current administration, to include spying on Americans.

Just because this one video exists doesn't mean that every police officer is that way, but it is indicative of a systemic problem that exists within our law enforcement system. To deny it, you would either have to be blind/retarded or you would have to be a republican. That's the truth, plain and simple. Originally Posted by shanm
That's a pretty all emcompassing statement, but you are projecting the arguments of others into this conversation. I have never stated that there is not a problem with the Police, I was married to a black woman for 23 years until her death. I have 4 children and 12 grand children all black, so please don't lecture me on racisim. by the way I am not a Republican I am a moderate Independent.
That's a pretty all emcompassing statement, but you are projecting the arguments of others into this conversation. I have never stated that there is not a problem with the Police, I was married to a black woman for 23 years until her death. I have 4 children and 12 grand children all black, so please don't lecture me on racisim. by the way I am not a Republican I am a moderate Independent. Originally Posted by dirty dog
Then you're well aware of the bullshit.
I don't know what left-side fishing is but when you begin a statement like that, you're projecting indignation whether you intended to or not. What's irritating is when you say the system worked in this case and then by extension, assume it works in every case. People are irritated because something like this keeps happening over and over, despite your contention that 'the system has worked thus far'. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Your mind is Mushy Shit, call Shit Eater. He likes corn, did you eat some last night?
Your mind is Mushy Shit, call Shit Eater. He likes corn, did you eat some last night? Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
You have a scat fetish. I think there's a forum for that here. Perhaps you should go find it.
I don't know what left-side fishing is but when you begin a statement like that, you're projecting indignation whether you intended to or not. As I said I projected indignation at the OP regarding this case. What's irritating is when you say the system worked in this case and then by extension, assume it works in every case. Well you know what they say about assuming, I was speaking about this case, I made no comments or assertions about other cases so there is no by extension. People are irritated because something like this keeps happening over and over, despite your contention that 'the system has worked thus far'. Originally Posted by WombRaider
May be its your liberal view point that clouds your comprehension skills. I said the system worked thus far in relation to this case. The system in this case worked. If you want to be irritated by this subject then pick a case where it didn't work which is really the point of my original post. Personally I think it was very clear what I meant and your just fishing for an argument.
Then you're well aware of the bullshit. Originally Posted by WombRaider

I am, but if the OP wanted to address the subject matter he could have made a better post to do it, quoting the policeman in this case, made the post about this case.
May be its your liberal view point that clouds your comprehension skills. I said the system worked thus far in relation to this case. The system in this case worked. If you want to be irritated by this subject then pick a case where it didn't work which is really the point of my original post. Personally I think it was very clear what I meant and your just fishing for an argument. Originally Posted by dirty dog
Yes, it worked in THIS case. You can't throw a rock without finding a case where it didn't work. How about the poor bastard that was basically choked to death for selling cigarettes on the sidewalk. I'm not fishing for anything. I think there's a real case to be made here that while the system worked in this case, it doesn't work in all cases. Without the video in this case, would it have worked? I think that's a valid question. Let's not get off on the wrong foot. I'm just trying to examine the problem.

I am, but if the OP wanted to address the subject matter he could have made a better post to do it, quoting the policeman in this case, made the post about this case. Originally Posted by dirty dog
I think the point might be that because of the video, there was no way to turn this the cop's way as I'm sure you know happens sometimes.
You have a scat fetish. I think there's a forum for that here. Perhaps you should go find it. Originally Posted by WombRaider
No WombHater, I found your forum... It's called Vomit/Shit luvers and the MOD is Yssup Rider. He will save you some...
  • shanm
  • 04-08-2015, 10:44 PM

I am, but if the OP wanted to address the subject matter he could have made a better post to do it, quoting the policeman in this case, made the post about this case. Originally Posted by dirty dog
It didn't. Nor was it intended to be. If you took it that way, it's your fault. Of course I believe that appropriate justice was served in this case. Hard not to when it's all there on the highlight reels.

That's a pretty all emcompassing statement, but you are projecting the arguments of others into this conversation. I have never stated that there is not a problem with the Police, I was married to a black woman for 23 years until her death. I have 4 children and 12 grand children all black, so please don't lecture me on racisim. by the way I am not a Republican I am a moderate Independent. Originally Posted by dirty dog
I am not sure where you are getting those sentiments from. I certainly never accused you of being a racist.
Although I did take you for a republican when you said "The system has worked thus far". Either that is a really, really poorly worded statement or you're just backing down from a claim you made originally. Any rational person reading that statement would make this assumption: you believe the system here in America has been working for all past and present cases involving police brutality. The system certainly has not been working. I could post a hundred other videos proving you otherwise. As wombraider mentioned, Eric Garner's case is a perfect example. Rather than take action, republicans would rather sit back and watch as this country turns into a police state. And it seems you would too. You say you're not a republican but your words indicate otherwise.
No WombHater, I found your forum... It's called Vomit/Shit luvers and the MOD is Yssup Rider. He will save you some... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Youre the vomit and scat lover SLOBBRIN. Just look at your avatar. You even had Buttman, Er, IBIdiot the coprophiliac Photoshop it up for you.

You prove his point every time you open your festering gob, you ignorant twat.