Broke Providers vs. Broke Hobbyists

I'm glad it's all been worked out. Sounds like everyone has made up.

Still, there is an underlying resentment or animosity that I have seen and felt on some other posts between providers and hobbiers during these tough times that has been brought on by the economy.

We all need to stop judging each other for this and looking down our noses at someone in need.
Sometimes, just getting it all out there helps.
Hotlips: Dam! Just my luck. I was out buying cat food.

Max: I am so there. Can't wait to feel those vibrations in my lap.

Reese: I do need a hug. Maybe more. Yeah, a hug and more! That's the ticket! I'll be right over.
Everyone needs to vent, I guess.

It doesn't bother me. I just wish I could help everyone who needs it.
I thought it was a good thread by the OP. I got it right away. Lol at those who actually got pissed.

Do I seek out discounts? Yes, but I never ASK for them. If your rates and specials are outside of my fluid hobby budget, I just move on and hope to catch you at a better time.
yeah we all got it rambro but that is kind of the point.just rehashing two or three threads that have gone the limit already.Nothing new to see or read here.
I wasn't pissed just tired of the drama caused by people bringing this stuff up over and over.
Heck, I just had to set up a new household (divorce) and would love the just to cuddle with a woman. But, I would not ask them to lower their rates because of my financial problems. Times will change for the better then i can hobby. But basic needs come first and one day I will be able to afford some time with a pretty lady.
...But I agree with Donnie Brasco .Who else would take care of us farting ,belching ,unkempt males .......LOL Have fun .....T Originally Posted by tsrv4me
say tsrv4me and donnie,

speak for yourself.

more on topic, being a toss-my-2-cents-in kind of guy, i made an assumption in the "Texas Star needs our help" thread when i should have waited to post, should have researched before i posted or should have just not posted. but i didnt.

so, i hereby and offically apologize to texas star for assuming too much about her situation.

however, my suggestion still stands [and lots of financial adviser types say the same thing] - put something away for a rainy day, even if it's $25 or $50 a month. when i got laid off in dec 2001 and didnt find employment for seven months [living on $768/month unemployment was educating], i was glad i had been saving something each paycheck - there were funds to live on for those months.
This is why, it is good to have, at least one hobbyship.
For time like this...
Sounds like a recipe for a "grudge fuck" to me......
If a gent that is a regular whose company I have often enjoyed lost his job and needed some stress relief, I would have no problem at all with a "quicky" on the house.

What comes around goes around.

The good you put out often comes right back to ya-in spades, sometimes.

I know a provider in Sarasota Florida that became close to a client, an older(well, very old to be precise) gent. She felt sorry for him as his wife had died and he basically just wanted someone to hold and snuggle with and feel loved. She would have lunch with him and actually enjoyed his tales of olden days, he was quite the character growing up in New York City.

He was very lonely, having one grown daughter he was estranged from.

He stopped coming around and she missed him-she had grown accustomed to their lunches(always in Jewish delis).

One day a lawyer contacted her. He had died, and left her his condo(in a swanky high-rise on the beach, I think it was valued at a several hundred thousand dollars), his new Cadillac, and a Certificate of Deposit worth $75,000.

Last I heard, she still lives in that very nice condo. Sold the Cadillac thoLOL.
Hey Heather,

Feel like a Ruben Sandwich?

YY
  • fawn
  • 03-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow Fawn, very well said. A Rose for your Heart of Gold.

Originally Posted by Copierguy0

Thank you copierguy, the rose is beautiful......
I agree with sweet heather, I will take care of a regular client if there was some financial issues he was dealing with. I understand some providers have a hard time keeping up with the bills and they may need help. I save so that I don't have to ask for anyone's help. I have always had a really hard time asking for help even when I really needed it.