Renowned epidemiologist Jesse Jackson arrives in Dallas to deal with Ebola threat

It was probably because of something Jesse said.
Every time I hear Ebola I can't help but think.....

Amusing. When Rick Perry races up I35 to Dallas to make an appearance before any available camera in order to advance his standing with his constituency, nobody says a word. The idiotic boob, who made Texas a laughingstock during his last run for the GOP nomination, came up here for one reason...and one reason only.....to advance his political career by trying to appear presidential, and by trying to pretend that he was in charge and had a handle on this crazy Ebola shit.

I'm no fan of Jessie Jackson....he's a race-baiter and a huckster. But...he and Rick Perry are cut from the same cloth.
Amusing. When Rick Perry races up I35 to Dallas to make an appearance before any available camera in order to advance his standing with his constituency, nobody says a word. The idiotic boob, who made Texas a laughingstock during his last run for the GOP nomination, came up here for one reason...and one reason only.....to advance his political career by trying to appear presidential, and by trying to pretend that he was in charge and had a handle on this crazy Ebola shit.

I'm no fan of Jessie Jackson....he's a race-baiter and a huckster. But...he and Rick Perry are cut from the same cloth. Originally Posted by timpage
+ a whole bunch on this.

and you called it. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Well it struck me as rather strange. Thomas Duncan is Black receiving treatment for this disease, and Jesse Jackson pops up to voice his concern for Duncan's treatment. I hate to say this but it seems almost scripted.

Jim
Well it struck me as rather strange. Thomas Duncan is Black receiving treatment for this disease, and Jesse Jackson pops up to voice his concern for Duncan's treatment. I hate to say this but it seems almost scripted.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
lets see Duncan bold face lied about being in contact with anyone with ebola before he came back to Dallas..... he should have never been here in the first place..
and some how the Hospital is to blame?? ..
A extremly hard virus to contract... NOT!

BREAKING: Look What Just Happened At The Dallas Hospital Where The Ebola Patient Died
...according to multiple news reports out of Texas...

http://www.westernjournalism.com/bre...-patient-died/

NORVELL ROSE — OCTOBER 12, 2014

For the first time, a person has contracted Ebola inside the United States, according to multiple news reports out of Texas. And it’s happened at the very hospital where Liberian national Thomas Eric Duncan died from the deadly virus.

And now, as CNN reports, that “confirmed” case of infection in a health care worker in Dallas may have led to yet another U.S. Ebola victim:

A extremly hard virus to contract... NOT!

BREAKING: Look What Just Happened At The Dallas Hospital Where The Ebola Patient Died
...according to multiple news reports out of Texas...

http://www.westernjournalism.com/bre...-patient-died/

NORVELL ROSE — OCTOBER 12, 2014

For the first time, a person has contracted Ebola inside the United States, according to multiple news reports out of Texas. And it’s happened at the very hospital where Liberian national Thomas Eric Duncan died from the deadly virus.

And now, as CNN reports, that “confirmed” case of infection in a health care worker in Dallas may have led to yet another U.S. Ebola victim:

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/bre...oUxOHAw4j5L.99 Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Actually Ebola is rather hard to contract. Much harder than flu.

Jim
Actually Ebola is rather hard to contract. Much harder than flu. Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
#1: Which strain? #2: "We" have "flu vaccine," but no Ebola vaccine.

FYI: I have now heard about a 1/2 dozen physicians with strong backgrounds and experience in contagious diseases debunk most, if not all, of the claims that it is "difficult" to transmit Ebola .... for instance ... .Myth: You cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone who has it. Stated comment: Not necessarily.
Actually Ebola is rather hard to contract. Much harder than flu.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Actually, Ebola is far more easy to contract than what the CDC keeps saying. Since it is not airborne, it is not as easy as other viruses to contract. However, Ebola has an extremely low viral load threshold required to contract the disease. The small amount of the virus found in aerosolized saliva and mucus from coughing is sufficient for transmission to occur. So even though Ebola is not technically an airborne illness, the risk factors for transmission remain the same as for an airborne virus.
Actually, Ebola is far more easy to contract than what the CDC keeps saying. Since it is not airborne, it is not as easy as other viruses to contract. However, Ebola has an extremely low viral load threshold required to contract the disease. The small amount of the virus found in aerosolized saliva and mucus from coughing is sufficient for transmission to occur. So even though Ebola is not technically an airborne illness, the risk factors for transmission remain the same as for an airborne virus. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Well if someone catches Ebola from someone sneezing or coughing they must be right next to them. Besides that Ebola isn't a Western Disease and it shouldn't catch hold here in the United States. If it does it wasn't by accident.

Jim