Got caught but didn't get CAUGHT!!!!! Have a question for veterans

So what happens when she notice that you don't have any new guns or ammo Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
Although my collection would just be labled a "good start" by most Texans, it is sufficiently large that she has a hard time keeping track of what's what. I have two large gun safes stacked with everything from .50 cal semi-auto rifles to .22 cal revolvers and everything in between. I could come home with a rubber band gun and she'd say "thats nice dear."

Strangely enough, the purchases she questioned the most were the lockable gun safes in the trunks of the cars. I don't bring my carry piece into a session, for fear of freaking out the lady, and I needed a secure place to stow it while "busy."

Redleg505: Now I'll never be able to attend the Tulsa gun show without wondering if I'm rubbing elbows with you. You'll have to suggest your favorite Tulsa area provider to me.
Try setting up three accounts, one is a joint account and one individual account each for you and the wife, each of you have a percentage of your paychecks into the joint account to paid for family bills etc, the rest into both of your individual accounts, your percentage from your paycheck in yours and hers in her account, to spend on whatever either one of you want,
You have no say on what she does with her money and she doesn't have a say so what you do with yours.
Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive! Sir Walter Scott

Never marry a woman who is too smart! The constant web of lies will trip you up eventually, so just decide if you really want to stay in your marriage.
Although my collection would just be labled a "good start" by most Texans, it is sufficiently large that she has a hard time keeping track of what's what. I have two large gun safes stacked with everything from .50 cal semi-auto rifles to .22 cal revolvers and everything in between. I could come home with a rubber band gun and she'd say "thats nice dear."

Strangely enough, the purchases she questioned the most were the lockable gun safes in the trunks of the cars. I don't bring my carry piece into a session, for fear of freaking out the lady, and I needed a secure place to stow it while "busy."

Redleg505: Now I'll never be able to attend the Tulsa gun show without wondering if I'm rubbing elbows with you. You'll have to suggest your favorite Tulsa area provider to me. Originally Posted by PFCffff
Most of the guys i know wives are into firearms as much as they are and have full access to their gun safes, they know whats in them and know how to use them, I guess it depends on the wife.
Unless his wife is as thick as a brick, which i suspect she is not, that suggestions isn't going to fly at all. Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
My point was he was so careless, that he should probably be on time out because there is little he can do (without resortingbto something almost utterly ridiculous) to actually get away with NO PAPERTRAIL whatsoever, which is what he needs. If he was capable of pulling off a full on caper, he wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

She will be watching...
Most of the guys i know wives are into firearms as much as they are and have full access to their gun safes, they know whats in them and know how to use them, I guess it depends on the wife. Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
I think the point is to pick a hobby your wife approves of but only has a passing interest in. Fishing is one that many of my friends use. And you'd be surprised how many hookers are available to go to guys hunting camps....
I think the point is to pick a hobby your wife approves of but only has a passing interest in. Fishing is one that many of my friends use. And you'd be surprised how many hookers are available to go to guys hunting camps.... Originally Posted by LilMynx69
Did you hear the one about the hooker who went out on a boat with 5 fishermen and came back with a red snapper?

Yes, fishing.....esp. fly fishing and fly tying....is another potentially high dollar hobby that can provide cover.
I think the point is to pick a hobby your wife approves of but only has a passing interest in. Fishing is one that many of my friends use. And you'd be surprised how many hookers are available to go to guys hunting camps.... Originally Posted by LilMynx69
hunting camps work, but you have to have people to back up your story, hunting camps aren't individual endeavours, the more people involved in a cover up the less successful it will be,
remember
Three can keep a secret if two are dead.
Did you hear the one about the hooker who went out on a boat with 5 fishermen and came back with a red snapper?

Yes, fishing.....esp. fly fishing and fly tying....is another potentially high dollar hobby that can provide cover. Originally Posted by PFCffff
LMAO...too funny, PFC!
. If he was capable of pulling off a full on caper.. Originally Posted by LilMynx69
Lol that line made me think of this for some reason...
Dedicate yourself to your wife alone and only be with her from now on.

Well it is an option.
Just divorce the wife. Originally Posted by pyramider
...probably the better option.
If you are willing to get divorced over this, then continue. But be assured that she will be watching you...forever.
Originally Posted by LilMynx69
^^^^ This. You have dodged a bullet. Do you really want to keep standing in front of the gun? If you are willing to get divorced, initiate it yourself so that you might have something when it is all over. If not, this hobby may be too risky for your personal situation.
why stay married???
be a man and don't hide tell her youre done.
don't be a pussy
why stay married???
be a man and don't hide tell her youre done.
don't be a pussy Originally Posted by bjwstw
Just because a man's physical needs aren't being met at home doesn't mean his emotional needs aren't. Maybe he still loves the wife or is remaining there for the kids. Or for other reasons. But maybe hobbying too much at one time may have caused her look into finances.
There are many good ideas in this thread. A second account may not be an option, but maybe a prepaid visa that you can add money to each time you shop may be another option. Walmart has the Vanilla Visa that you can get and add money anytime. I wouldn't suggest just transferring money to it because if she's watching she would notice.
The therapist or counselor is a good idea unless she wants to question or go with you.
Taking 10-20 out each time you shop is another way, although can take a while to save the money.
The gym is another good option. some gym memberships can be costly depending where and if you're working with a trainer. But you may also need to really work out in one so that you are achieving some results in that area as well.
Taking co-workers or friends out and paying but having them pay you with cash is also a good way to hide it. Unless it's a family friend that may say something to her.
Maybe another option is to have part of your 'disposable income' split between the 2 of you, part for your 'gambling' hobby. And part for her to play with as well. When I was married, both my husb and myself had some cash that we could each play with. His hobby was his car though. I cooked and some crafts.