another warning shot from mother nature....

Ah, George Carlin. What a brilliant man he was.
gandfly....
even you should be able to figure out that a few centuries is like a nano second in the history of the planet....even tho' I won't be here I'd like to think the planet has more than 200 years....
. Originally Posted by stevepar
That planet has more than 200 years. Mankind has more than 200 years. And you are calling me paranoid. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling."

....they immediately find some way to blame the Dems--yes, in their depleated minds that somehow makes sense.
.... Originally Posted by Old-T
Uh, maybe because Al Gore was THE major proponent of this scam? Maybe because President Obama flew to Copenhagen twice in two weeks and many different other US officials took separate planes and motorcades. Then Hillary promised $100 billion dollars for combating Climate Change during the Copenhagen Conference even though we didn't have the money. Now Obama is making Climate Change a priority even though the UN says no significant warming has occurred in the past 17 years. Yeah, we are just imagining the Dems involvement.

Don't any of you realize that Liberals need Global warming. They need it because it allows them to facilitate a dilemma that only they can solve or minimize. Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
That's why I call it a scam.

Then you are telling me you believe Pro wrestling is real . Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Pro wrestling is real. The outcomes are predetermined. The wrestlers do not actually hit each other full force...at least not all the time. When Undertaker threw Mick Foley from the cage top twice - it wasn't fake. Sorry to break it to you Eva, the dumbest poster in this forum.
That planet has more than 200 years. Mankind has more than 200 years. And you are calling me paranoid. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling."

Uh, maybe because Al Gore was THE major proponent of this scam? Maybe because President Obama flew to Copenhagen twice in two weeks and many different other US officials took separate planes and motorcades. Then Hillary promised $100 billion dollars for combating Climate Change during the Copenhagen Conference even though we didn't have the money. Now Obama is making Climate Change a priority even though the UN says no significant warming has occurred in the past 17 years. Yeah, we are just imagining the Dems involvement.

That's why I call it a scam.

Pro wrestling is real. The outcomes are predetermined. The wrestlers do not actually hit each other full force...at least not all the time. When Undertaker threw Mick Foley from the cage top twice - it wasn't fake. Sorry to break it to you Eva, the dumbest poster in this forum. Originally Posted by gnadfly

Right you fucking idiot, and the moon landing was faked also...LMAO You even admitted it is predetermined who wins and call me dumb. Hillbilly .
  • Old-T
  • 05-15-2014, 07:37 AM
This topic might be the clearest evidence of the sickness that is the Wacko RW nut camp.

They fixate on the wrong things. They argue the political ideology instead of the observable realities. The ice shelf is just the most recent inconvenient data point. Rapidly shrinking glaciers, wildlife rehabitating. Vast increases in destructive storms in statistically significant numbers.

But this must all be ignored because the politics is wrong. This must be all wrong because it means the RIGHT thing to do is change some of our behaviors.

The truly disgusting aspect of their argument is that they have no care about any human life other than their own. Tens of millions minimum--likely hundreds of millions in coastal cities will be affected, but the RWW view is they are expendable statistics, rats who deserves to drown because they are too dumb to do otherwise. Of course this is not going to happen tomorrow, so what is the rush? Let's ignore it because my house is 100 feet above sea level. Let's act stupid, grab onto the news tidbit that says it won't fully take effect for 200 years so we can pretend there well be zero effects in 25 years. Let's wait until there is a republican administration and pretend that whatever they do is wonderful because they aren't evil democrats.

Ever look at a topographic map? We're likely th o get rid of Dixie once and for all--or at least shrink it appreciably.

But I guess I am being foolish. When the land bridge was flooded humans survived so we should learn from it. Become nomadic, adapt, move to higher ground. The difference is back then there were few deeds. So we should revoke all property deeds and send all folks living at 10 feet or less above sea level to live in the newly opened lands of Dixie and the bible belt. Those Kansans can build a few more arms i'm sure. Those good christian thumpers will gladly follow the apostolic teachings and share their belongings and open their homes to the refugees.

Why do I don't think that will happen? After denying reality for 195 years the RWWs will build walls and gather all their guns to keep out their fellow humans. And claim it is all based on good ol' Thumped Family Values. After all, these are the same people who protect our moral way of life by going ape whit stupid about a kiss on ESP. No, no moral hypocrisy there I'm sure.
This topic might be the clearest evidence of the sickness that is the Wacko RW nut camp.

They fixate on the wrong things. They argue the political ideology instead of the observable realities. The ice shelf is just the most recent inconvenient data point. Rapidly shrinking glaciers, wildlife rehabitating. Vast increases in destructive storms in statistically significant numbers.

But this must all be ignored because the politics is wrong. This must be all wrong because it means the RIGHT thing to do is change some of our behaviors.

The truly disgusting aspect of their argument is that they have no care about any human life other than their own. Tens of millions minimum--likely hundreds of millions in coastal cities will be affected, but the RWW view is they are expendable statistics, rats who deserves to drown because they are too dumb to do otherwise. Of course this is not going to happen tomorrow, so what is the rush? Let's ignore it because my house is 100 feet above sea level. Let's act stupid, grab onto the news tidbit that says it won't fully take effect for 200 years so we can pretend there well be zero effects in 25 years. Let's wait until there is a republican administration and pretend that whatever they do is wonderful because they aren't evil democrats.

Ever look at a topographic map? We're likely th o get rid of Dixie once and for all--or at least shrink it appreciably.

But I guess I am being foolish. When the land bridge was flooded humans survived so we should learn from it. Become nomadic, adapt, move to higher ground. The difference is back then there were few deeds. So we should revoke all property deeds and send all folks living at 10 feet or less above sea level to live in the newly opened lands of Dixie and the bible belt. Those Kansans can build a few more arms i'm sure. Those good christian thumpers will gladly follow the apostolic teachings and share their belongings and open their homes to the refugees.

Why do I doh t that will happen? After denying reality for 195 years the RWWs will build walls and gather all their guns to keep out their fellow humans. And claim it is all based on good ol' Thumped Family Values. After all, these are the same people who protect our moral way of life by going ape whit stupid about a kiss on ESP. No, no moral hypocrisy there I'm sure. Originally Posted by Old-T
You're hitting the bottle early this morning, Old-Twerp; your tripe is unintelligible.

Further, you unintelligent jackass, Al Gore's solution is completely "political" and self serving. Gore's *solution* is to create a new class of brokers -- "cow-fart brokers" -- who will grow very rich taxing the average American Joe. However, Gore's *solution* does nothing to actually reduce pollution.

BTW, Old-Twerp, Yankee Stadium is only 23 feet above sea level. Go screw your ignorant self, Old-Twerp.

Why do I don't think that will happen? After denying reality for 195 years the RWWs will build walls and gather all their guns to keep out their fellow humans. And claim it is all based on good ol' Thumped Family Values. After all, these are the same people who protect our moral way of life by going ape whit stupid about a kiss on ESP. No, no moral hypocrisy there I'm sure. Originally Posted by Old-T
Nice little rant, to bad you didn't touch on one aspect of Climate Change. Instead what you did was typical of any Liberal, and that was to show your disgust for Republicans who don't find the concept of climate change as detrimental to our future as you and other liberals do.

Jim
It's all about politics. Just another way to tax and control people. The earth has gone through radical transformations over its history. Most of which having nothing to do with human activity. The earth isn't static. It will go through its cycles regardless of what humans do. Mother nature is much bigger than us. To think we can fine tune the environment is pure hubris.
  • CJ7
  • 05-15-2014, 11:48 AM
It's all about politics. Just another way to tax and control people. The earth has gone through radical transformations over its history. Most of which having nothing to do with human activity. The earth isn't static. It will go through its cycles regardless of what humans do. Mother nature is much bigger than us. To think we can fine tune the environment is pure hubris. Originally Posted by cowboy8055

The earth isn't static. It will go through its cycles

I believe that too ... I also believe the influx of human activity since the last change speeds up future changes ... we don't know that for sure, but we don't know that it doesn't either
The earth isn't static. It will go through its cycles. Originally Posted by CJ7
It is one thing to encourage everyone to take precautions and attempt to reduce activities that can contribute to the existing cycle. But that is different from a whole-sale, scorched Earth policy of governmental architecture to re-organize society and burden EVERYONE with staggering financial burdens in an attempt to implement a strategy based on ....

"we don't know that for sure, but we don't know that it doesn't either"

The same "potion salesman" who sold the ACA is peddling "green" solutions!

That's ok on the free, public market with private money ... but not with taxes.

I recall from geology that the Great Lakes were gouged by glaciers.

Where did they go? Warmed by dinosaur farts? Not by automobiles!
  • CJ7
  • 05-15-2014, 12:28 PM
It is one thing to encourage everyone to take precautions and attempt to reduce activities that can contribute to the existing cycle. But that is different from a whole-sale, scorched Earth policy of governmental architecture to re-organize society and burden EVERYONE with staggering financial burdens in an attempt to implement a strategy based on ....

"we don't know that for sure, but we don't know that it doesn't either"

The same "potion salesman" who sold the ACA is peddling "green" solutions!

That's ok on the free, public market with private money ... but not with taxes.

I recall from geology that the Great Lakes were gouged by glaciers.

Where did they go? Warmed by dinosaur farts? Not by automobiles! Originally Posted by LexusLover

you'll be a dead old bitch and never know either way, that's for sure
It's all about politics. Just another way to tax and control people. Originally Posted by cowboy8055

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Rahmbo and Hildabeast agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUCbVUo-w6k
Here's an interesting angle on global warming.
It considers the sun's effect on global temps.
It's curious that this aspect is seldom discussed.
Probably because we can't control the sun.
Therefor it can't be TAXED
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...es-plunge.html Originally Posted by cowboy8055
Fixed that for you.
99.999..........of all species that ever existed are extinct.

Climate change is real. 50,000 years ago, the Sahara Desert was a plush grassy plain.
The debate centers around whether there is anything mankind can do to stop it.

One huge volcano eruption spews more noxious fumes into the air than every automobile since humans started driving.

Mother Nature has not sent us a warning, because she doesn't give a shit.

Just ask the Dinosaurs.

Why do I don't think that will happen? After denying reality for 195 years the RWWs will build walls and gather all their guns to keep out their fellow humans. And claim it is all based on good ol' Thumped Family Values. After all, these are the same people who protect our moral way of life by going ape whit stupid about a kiss on ESP. No, no moral hypocrisy there I'm sure. Originally Posted by Old-T

I don't call you Old-Tyrant for nothing...

In Bred Idiot spews more noxious fumes into the air than every automobile since humans started driving. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Fixed it fer ya!