The emergence of ISIS is a direct result of the Iraq war that Bush started

he's smarter and more educated Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
The above claim is based on what?? Have you seen his transcripts and grades??
Get over a black guy is in the white house and ohh by the way he's smarter and more educated than you and most in Congress. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

Booksmart ain't streetsmart, zanyzit. That's one problem. It's also a problem when the POTUS THINKS he is smarter than everyone else - so he doesn't listen to anyone until it's too late. Read this, zanyzit. Read it and learn:

The Humbling of a President

In the war with ISIS, the U.S. needs genuine presidential leadership, not a utility infielder playing everyone else's position.

By Daniel Henninger

Sept. 10, 2014 7:12 p.m. ET

Let us note briefly the commanding irony of Barack Obama delivering—hours before 9/11—the anti-terrorism speech that history required of his predecessor after September 11, 2001. There is one thing to say: If we are lucky, President Obama will hand off to his successor a terrorist enemy as diminished as the one George Bush, David Petraeus and many others left him.

If we're lucky.

There is a story about Mr. Obama relevant to the war, battle or whatever he declared Wednesday evening against the Islamic State, aka ISIS. It is found in his former campaign manager David Plouffe's account of the 2008 election, "The Audacity to Win."

Mr. Plouffe writes that during an earlier election race, Mr. Obama had a "hard time allowing his campaign staff to take more responsibility." To which Barack Obama answered: "I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I'll hire to do it." Audacity indeed.

In a 2008 New Yorker article by Ryan Lizza, Mr. Obama is quoted telling another aide: "I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors." Also, "I think I'm a better speechwriter than my speechwriters."

And here we are.

In the days before Mr. Obama's ISIS address to the nation, news accounts cataloged his now-embarrassing statements about terrorism's decline on his watch—the terrorists are JV teams, the tide of war is receding and all that.

Set aside that Mr. Obama outputted this viewpoint even as Nigeria's homicidal Boko Haram kidnapped 275 schoolgirls, an act that appalled and galvanized the world into "Bring Back Our Girls." No matter. Boko Haram slaughtered on, unabated.

Some of these gaffes came in offhand comments, but others were embedded in formal speeches from the presidential pen, such as the definitive Obama statement on terrorism last May at the National Defense University: "So that's the current threat—lethal yet less-capable al Qaeda affiliates." A year later, ISIS seized one-third of Iraq inside a week.

Worse than misstatements have been the misdecisions on policy: the erased red line in Syria, the unattainable reset with Vladimir Putin's brainwashed Russia, the nuclear deal with the ruling shadows in Iran. The first two bad calls have pitched significant regions of the world into crises of virtually unmanageable complexity.

What we now know is that Mr. Obama is not even close to being his own best Secretary of State, his own best Secretary of Defense, his own best national security adviser or his own best CIA director.

The question is: Does he know it?

Can a humbling experience of such startling proportions have sunk in? It had better. What the U.S. needs if it is to prevail in the battle Mr. Obama put forth Wednesday is the genuine article of presidential leadership. What the U.S. does not need in the Oval Office is a utility infielder playing everyone else's position. We are competing against global terrorism's heaviest hitters, who have established state seizure as a strategic goal.

If Mr. Obama still thinks he's better than Susan Rice, John Kerry, Chuck Hagel and John Brennan, then he and the nation supporting his anti-ISIS effort are being poorly served. He should fire them all and bring in people who know more about fighting terrorists than he does. Barack Obama admires Abraham Lincoln. Act like him. Appoint the best people and let them win it.

Winning would also require a president willing to confront the political correctness that has undermined the U.S.'s battle against terror.

No more sophistry about whether a Benghazi qualifies as terrorism. After the videotaped beheadings of James Foley and Steven Sotloff, is anyone still lying awake at night worrying that their iPhone number is among millions of others in the National Security Agency's data mines?

Closing Gitmo goes on the backburner. "Boots on the ground"—kill that too. It has become code for boots going nowhere, as Mr. Obama's airpower-only campaign made clear Wednesday evening.

It has taken 13 years to this day, September 11, for the reality of global Islamic terrorism to finally sink in—here in the U.S. and everywhere else, including the ever-equivocal capitals of the Middle East.

In the years after 9/11 came London, Madrid, the Boston Marathon, multiple failed attempts to bomb New York City, Mumbai, Kenya, Boko Haram, the re-rocketing of Tel Aviv, Christian holy places destroyed, thousands of Arabs blown up in the act of daily life. That's the short list. ISIS is just the tip of the world's unstable iceberg. We're all living on the Titanic.

Now a reluctant progressive president goes to war without admitting it is war. It's even money at best that he or the Left will stay the course if the going gets tough beyond Iraq's borders.

A final irony. In that National Defense speech, Mr. Obama defended the drone killing in Yemen of the American-born jihadist Anwar al-Awlaki: "His citizenship should no more serve as a shield than a sniper shooting down on an innocent crowd should be protected from a SWAT team."

If Barack Obama would put a plaque with those words on his Oval Office desk, the world's innocents may have a shot at defeating the world's snipers. A long shot.

...Get over a black guy is in the white house .. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
When all else fails you, play your race card .... over ... over ... over ... again.

............ .... get over it, yourself.

Just think. Only about 26 more months of this shit.
Full of emotion are we? Now we're making progress and getting to the root of your racist agenda. Get over a black guy is in the white house and ohh by the way he's smarter and more educated than you and most in Congress. That has to chap your sore butt. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
I call bullshit on your for this one. Care to produce his academic records because his real life attempts are failing right and left. Besides being unable to salute which is learned the first day of military training, he can't win a war and the Pentagon is full of men and women who know how to do that, he can't balance a budget (there, he is in the same boat as most of Congress) but Dave Ramsey could. He can't play decent round ball and his golf game must not be too damn good since we never hear how he did. Where are his accomplishments that prove his superiority and why did YOU bring race into this. This has never been about race because we feel the same way about HIllary dumbass.
The failure of our government to understand that these people live in a feudal system where only the most brutal are able to exact some sort of control is the reason we still fuck with these animals. The emergence os ISIS is little more than the beginings of another fight for control over the people of this region. The fact that they use a religion of control to strike fear in those they intend to enslave is just a tool similar to the way the communist did to create the Soviet Union. Lenin and Stalin and Hitler and Pol Pot and all like then have done what these people are doing now. The capture and beheadings are plays to show the world what will happen if they interfere. These people do not recognize human rights or the laws of civilized society.

Bush taking down Sodamn Insane shook up the balance of feudalism in the region and once daffy quadaffy was forced to capitulate the region further destabilized. T^his is nothing new. You can go back to the first World War and look at what the colonist Brits did and how areas were carved up to suit, not the people of the region but, the desires of the Brits. There is a lot of long lasting hatred to the rest of the world for actions that were done over a century ago.

This brings to question the reasoning of the rest of the world. Why is it that a tribe of humans in the Amazon are left alone to enter the modern world, or not, and we want the rest of the world to conform to modern roles? Why was it when a bunch of Europeans invaded a country and the people that were already there fought against that invasion, those people were called savages?

The thought that just because we ended up creating a nation based on an idea of individual freedom and liberty that the rest of the world should be just like us. There is a reason that the rest of the world wants to come here. It is unfortunate that some of those fail to remember what they left and want their new home to become the same shithole from which they came. Could it be because we recognize this and want them to change their own country rather than coming here and trying to change ours?
  • WTF
  • 09-28-2014, 08:12 AM
T

Bush taking down Sodamn Insane shook up the balance of feudalism in the region and once daffy quadaffy was forced to capitulate the region further destabilized. T^his is nothing new. You can go back to the first World War and look at what the colonist Brits did and how areas were carved up to suit, not the people of the region but, the desires of the Brits. There is a lot of long lasting hatred to the rest of the world for actions that were done over a century ago.

This brings to question the reasoning of the rest of the world. Why is it that a tribe of humans in the Amazon are left alone to enter the modern world They do not sit on a shit load of oil, or not, and we want the rest of the world to conform to modern roles? Why was it when a bunch of Europeans invaded a country and the people that were already there fought against that invasion, those people were called savages?

? Originally Posted by The2Dogs
just a little reminder to my republican friends. History has proven that Saddam by virtue of his dictatorship was an Allie of the US. Additionally, ISIS is a direct result of Saddam being ousted from power and the resultant vaccum it created. It also made IRAN a stronger nation and a real nuclear threat.

All of this was caused by George W Bush.

Something else to keep in mind my republican friends is that fast and furious was also a program that was started and implemented under George W Bush. So you can stop the fake Eric Holder bashing.He's proven to be the greatest AG in the history of the US. I'm extremely proud and will really miss him. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Hail to Warlord Obama! We are back in the business of killing muslim slave owners and murderers and attacking the very heart of sharia law.

This is very good policy for Americans, Christians, and moral people of all the world, why are you trying to give Bush credit for it?
When all else fails you, play your race card .... over ... over ... over ... again.

Just think. Only about 26 more months of this shit. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Go back and read the preceding post that spawned my comments and if you dont consider the comments racist, bigoted, and hatefilled based on skin color then you fit in the same boat as the moronic poster. In fact never mind i know you are based on the fact that you completely glossed over his comments just to point out I played the race card. You're a disgrace along with the rest of these back woods thinking conservatives
We need a Charles Martel today... http://lenbilen.com/2013/11/29/2323/ Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Sadly, Martel is forgotten by all but those of us who have a love and fascination with history. His role in preventing all of Europe from falling under the grinding heel of Islam cannot be overstated. Were it not for him, world history would be vastly different today.

We do indeed need a Charles Martel today, but we have become far too civilized to tolerate such a great warrior today.

Just think. Only about 26 more months of this shit. Originally Posted by LexusLover
You conveniently dont recall what he said? Well let me help you out. His agenda is now exposed not that he needed to type this for it to be obvious. You go right ahead and keep aligning yourself with racists and cowards and the party that condones this behavior by its silence.

Eight years enough for the Kenyan bastard ? Are you totally ignorant of reality ? Your perception is really warped. You could give your half-white president a life time and he would still could not swing it. I still wish I could bitch slap his white trash mama for throwing out the baby and keeping the after birth ! Originally Posted by rioseco
Hail to Warlord Obama! We are back in the business of killing muslim slave owners and murderers and attacking the very heart of sharia law.

This is very good policy for Americans, Christians, and moral people of all the world, why are you trying to give Bush credit for it? Originally Posted by nwarounder
You turncoats are hopeless
Booksmart ain't streetsmart, zanyzit. That's one problem. It's also a problem when the POTUS THINKS he is smarter than everyone else - so he doesn't listen to anyone until it's too late
late. Originally Posted by lustylad
He listens far more than Bush ever did. He's also wise and slow about not unnecessarily putting our boys in harms way. He listens before he acts and works to build international coalitions before jumping the gun like a druken cowboy.

Republicans have shown time and again they dont have a real pulse on how to deal with emerging threats in the world. Their motto is run in guns blazing with ZERO analysis. The Putin situation a good case in point. Putin failed miserably in trying to draw Obama out while Obama waited patiently (hit him with sanctions) and allow him to marginalize himself in the world community. Now Putin with egg on his face has started and is looking for ways to continue backtracking.

Meanwhile I would guess 95+% of Repubs openly and willfully cheered for Putin success against America. What a shameful, shameless, and disgusting display by you fake and twisted American patriots. I have friends who are Republican and they're down right disgusted by people like yall.
The above claim is based on what?? Have you seen his transcripts and grades?? Originally Posted by RedLeg505
Dont need to. You dont graduate from Columbia university and with a J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard by being a dumbass. I'm prettty sure he's smarter than you just by virtue of being in the WH. ;-)
No, you have to be black.