Best steakhouses in Houson

Del Friscos at the Galleria I no doubt, Brenner's on I-10 second.
Ruth's Chris off Richmond.
Happy Cajun in la porte...oh wait it's not there anymore. Sniff sniff.
Best mother fucking stuffed ribeye ever. Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds
Hit it on the head......

Ruth's Chris, is probably one of the best steaks I have ever had (with the exception of one, at an Italian place in Omaha NB)

The added Bonus, there is plenty of stuff to see around that part of town.

The OP wanted a Steak and entertainment.....

All within a short drive.......

Happy Hunting
  • RGB93
  • 11-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Pappas Brothers
  • Seedy
  • 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Here is an off the wall, and out of the way place, if it is still open. Bill's on loop 494 in Kingwood. Place was sort of a shithole, no it was, or still is a shithole....lol.... But they had an outrageous fucking t-bone, and a massive porterhouse for 2. Fucking lousy salad, and greasy fries. God damn ice cold longnecks, and probably the largest collection of baseball caps hanging everywhere, i have ever seen. When i lived in Kingwood back in the 80's we went there every friday after work..
Here is an off the wall, and out of the way place, if it is still open. Bill's on loop 494 in Kingwood. Place was sort of a shithole, no it was, or still is a shithole....lol.... But they had an outrageous fucking t-bone, and a massive porterhouse for 2. Fucking lousy salad, and greasy fries. God damn ice cold longnecks, and probably the largest collection of baseball caps hanging everywhere, i have ever seen. When i lived in Kingwood back in the 80's we went there every friday after work.. Originally Posted by seedman55
Bill's still there and is packed every Friday night...
Hit it on the head......

Ruth's Chris, is probably one of the best steaks I have ever had (with the exception of one, at an Italian place in Omaha NB)

The added Bonus, there is plenty of stuff to see around that part of town.

The OP wanted a Steak and entertainment.....

All within a short drive.......

Happy Hunting Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Lookn,

Boy you brought back some memories for me and the Italian Restaurant in Omaha for steak.

The name is Gorat's. You are absolutely correct! Their steaks were a home run out of the park every time. Back in the 70s, you coudl actually accompany the meat cutter to the locker and select how thick you wanted your steak to be. The only other two others places that could compete as Johnny's Steakhoues (actually owned by Johnny Carson, whom hails from Norfork, NE), and the Omaha stockyards admin building right in tghe middle of the stockyards (shut down years ago.)

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just brought very fond memories to me. Thanks
Alright, I'm gonna help you sort this out.

First Tier:
Del Frisco's
Pappas Bros.
Ruth's Chris
Smith & Wollensky
Fleming's
Killen's (in Pearland; if you haven't been, go; planned Heights location now dead)
Vic & Anthony*
Brenner's (original on I-10)*

Second Tier:
Palm
Brenner's on the Bayou*
Eddie V's (West Ave.)
Lynn's (on Dairy Ashford)
Capital Grille (chronically mushy meat)
Morton's*
Perry's (barely)
Three Forks (barely . . . is it still open?)

Places to Avoid:
Mo's (food sucks; bar can be fun)
Sullivan's (see Mo's)
Taste of Texas (Really? If you think this is a good - or even decent - steak, you're a fucking idiot.)

*These are Landry's restaurants, which means proceed with caution. Vic & Anthony's is consistently great. It's one of their "flagship" places, and I assume that explains the high quality. I find the Brenner's on I-10 to be as good as it was when old Mrs. Brenner was manning the grill back in the 60s and 70s. The "new" spot on Birdsall with the bizarrely out-of-place Blue Bar, not so much. I've never been a huge Morton's fan, either pre- or post- Landry's. I know what a fucking potato is. You don't have to show it to me.

Most of these places are chains, and the quality varies greatly from location to location. We are lucky. The Houston locations are, by and large, very good, and that's probably because competition here is pretty stiff. Our Ruth's Chris and Fleming's (on Alabama) are considerably better than most, and I truly believe they deserve a first tier ranking. Fleming's has exceptionally reasonable wine prices, too.

Don't get me started on Taste of Texas. What bullshit. Best steak you've had since Denny's, right? I'll bet you drink the hot water out of the finger bowl.

I'll be honest, here. I miss The Stables, Old San Francisco Steakhouse, and - don't laugh - Steak 'n Ale. I miss the Striphouse, as well.

One national chain that I am surprised to NOT see in Houston is Lawry's The Prime Rib. OK, technically it's not a steak. But it's almost-raw beef and it's off the fucking chain. Prime rib is not as prevalent as it was in the 70s, and that's a shame. Laurenzo's on Washington has the best in town.

As a point of reference, my favorite steakhouse is Peter Luger in Brooklyn. Though Sparks does have a certain sentimental and historical attraction.
Pappas steak house or taste of texas. I would say they are pricey, but on a board where the price of pussy is 200 an hour to gasp some jackass paying 800 for an hour and a half you hooktards can afford it at least you'll have a good shit after as opposed to buyers remorse. Oh you hooktards,with so do yourself a favor and go home with two dozen roses take her out to eat and tell her u love her. I worked a strip club and a customer died.who spent a grand a wk in the club, no stripper who got money off him showed up. They did not give a shit. So please guys if you'll have so,much cash take care of your so. If i had one i would not be on this crazy board. Ban me for speaking the truth, i don't give a fuck. So what i won't get verified to spend 200 of my hard earned money, guess what you just did me a favor. I for one am ashamed. This is bullshit ain't right and makes no sense. Whens the last time you hooktards spent significant,money on your so who actually gives a fuck about you. If this is posted great if not adios.
Agree with LK

Besides Steakhouses, Tony's always brings out some of the best steaks in Houston
One of my favorite places is The Rex in Billings Montana. they have a blackened rib-eye that is the best I have ever tasted.
Pappas steak house or taste of texas. I would say they are pricey, but on a board where the price of pussy is 200 an hour to gasp some jackass paying 800 for an hour and a half you hooktards can afford it at least you'll have a good shit after as opposed to buyers remorse. Oh you hooktards,with so do yourself a favor and go home with two dozen roses take her out to eat and tell her u love her. I worked a strip club and a customer died.who spent a grand a wk in the club, no stripper who got money off him showed up. They did not give a shit. So please guys if you'll have so,much cash take care of your so. If i had one i would not be on this crazy board. Ban me for speaking the truth, i don't give a fuck. So what i won't get verified to spend 200 of my hard earned money, guess what you just did me a favor. I for one am ashamed. This is bullshit ain't right and makes no sense. Whens the last time you hooktards spent significant,money on your so who actually gives a fuck about you. If this is posted great if not adios. Originally Posted by snowballpeter
Shut up. Learn to write. This poorly constructed paragraph of yours is both unpleasant and tough to read.
Christie's Seafood and Steaks off of Westheimer is good.
  • WTF
  • 11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Shut up. Learn to write. This poorly constructed paragraph of yours is both unpleasant and tough to read. Originally Posted by macksback
Maybe so but it was the funniest post in this thread!

Believe it or not, I had a good Fillet at Beck's Prime location at Memorial Park yesterday, was so good, I ate another one today. . Other than throwing that in, I pretty much agree with lizardking assessment.

Pappas steak house or taste of texas. . . . I worked a strip club and a customer died.who spent a grand a wk in the club, no stripper who got money off him showed up. They did not give a shit. Originally Posted by snowballpeter
I'm confused. Showed up for what? Are you saying they ate the poor guy? We're talking about restaurants here. And you've donned the dunce cap by mentioning Taste of Texas is a favorable way. Come to think of it, the steak I had there could have come from an old dead guy that spent too much time drinking in titty bars.

I've never had a steak at Tony's, but it is very good. Not as good as back in The Day, but still good.

I have had a steak at Beck's Prime and it was damn good. Many restaurants that aren't. strictly speaking, steakhouses can turn out a great steak. Danton's on Montrose is one, for example.

I have never had a steak at Christie's, but only because I go there for fried shrimp and would never risk filling up on anything else. Christie's - which is, by the by, the oldest restaurant in Houston - serves the best fried shrimp I've ever eaten. They are amazing.
Wow great recommendations..Im treating myself to a steak tonight and this helps alot..Ive had a good week so its time to splurge , maybe Papas ...