TRUMP and CNN "Towne-Hall" Event

Hillary! We've told you a gorillion times; the popular vote does not elect a President.

Go write it on the chalk board 100 times. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
I did make note that Trump won the electoral vote, and therefore the presidency, in 2016.

The U.S. is the only country, and the presidential election is the only election in the U.S., that is NOT decided by a popular vote. Doubtful I'll see it in my lifetime, but the election of the POTUS should go to the person with the most votes, by voters.

Since 1988 Democrats have won the popular vote for POTUS every election except for 2004, and had Gore gotten 538 more votes in Florida in 2000,it is likely Democrats would have won the popular vote in 2004. BTW, I voted for Bush in both 2000 and 2004. So it is easy to understand why Republicans do not want to do away with the Electoral College.

...The U.S. is the only country, and the presidential election is the only election in the U.S., that is NOT decided by a popular vote.... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Well... ain't any other Constitutional Republics, so no idea why we should let it go all out Commie either. Oh, we are also unique in our guarantee to remain an armed population as well. Those rascal founders. Go figure.
Well... ain't any other Constitutional Republics, so no idea why we should let it go all out Commie either. Oh, we are also unique in our guarantee to remain an armed population as well. Those rascal founders. Go figure. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
If by doing away with the electoral college we are going "all out commie" why is every other election in this country decided by popular vote?. One person, one vote.