the military ramps up for global warming....

if it's a scam who benefits....who makes the money on the scam....and this would have to be a universal scam involving players all over the world....scams generally don't work with millions of people involved..... Originally Posted by stevepar
Agenda 21... knucklehead
Great. Al Quaeda in space.

You you have any fucking idea what you're talking about Slobbrin?
iffy....
another tea party extreme right wing paranoid fantasy....you're as dumb as the moron who posted that karl r. says hillary has brain damage....
you are a living shinning example of p.t. barnums' quote about suckers....
More like one of PT barnum's freaks. The amazing no brained boy.
wow what? the military believes they're doing the right thing or gonadfly is a dipshit ? Originally Posted by CJ7
Although Climate Change is a real phenomenon the way it has been presented to us is a bit of an exaggeration. Climate Change doesn't mean we are headed for certain catastrophic consequences. All the Military is doing is making preparations for civil unrest due to food and water shortages, energy shortages, ect. This we are told could be the result of Climate Change. The possibility of that is remote. I would say it's far more a result of economic reasons. One indicator of Climate Change is Weather. We are often being told that the frequency of Storms and higher or lower than usual temperatures are the direct result of Climate change, to some extent that maybe true, but climate change isn't synonymous with the environment going haywire. The clip below is of the 2014 Hurricane predictions, which maybe rather mild this year which I hope is going to be the case.

Jim

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...-nino-20140324
The military is training to subdue domestic unrest. Am I the only one who finds this unsettling?
They'll get all of us surface dwellers first, Heaven's Gate!
Isn't that what NASA is for? ....to find our new home planet? Originally Posted by JCM800
Not any more, at least under this administration.

NASA chief Charles Bolden:
"When I became the NASA administrator, (President Obama) charged me with three things," Bolden said in the interview which aired last week. "One, he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering." ....

not to mention "marriage counseling" and a "dating service"....

• CJ7
  • 05-16-2014, 11:46 AM
the Military ... plan ahead, expect the worst, hope for the best, be ready for both ..
The DOD has a plan for alien encounters and the undead rising. It's called fictional contingency planning.
  • Old-T
  • 05-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Although Climate Change is a real phenomenon the way it has been presented to us is a bit of an exaggeration. Climate Change doesn't mean we are headed for certain catastrophic consequences. All the Military is doing is making preparations for civil unrest due to food and water shortages, energy shortages, ect. This we are told could be the result of Climate Change. The possibility of that is remote. I would say it's far more a result of economic reasons. One indicator of Climate Change is Weather. We are often being told that the frequency of Storms and higher or lower than usual temperatures are the direct result of Climate change, to some extent that maybe true, but climate change isn't synonymous with the environment going haywire. The clip below is of the 2014 Hurricane predictions, which maybe rather mild this year which I hope is going to be the case.

Jim

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...-nino-20140324 Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
The direction for the military to spend more time worrying about domestic issues was a direct result of hurricane relief, Katrina being the big driver. The situation would have been far, far worse if DoD didn't provide much of the command post, comms, logistics support that FEMA should have but was incapable of doing. Part of the issue was numbers of people, part were funds, but much of it was the red tape issue--DoD actually is capable of burning the red tape when necessary, FEMA was not in too many situations.

The other issue which will not likely ever be officially acknowledged: true or not, right or not, local politicians do not trust federal politicians, but usually are more willing to cooperate with someone in uniform who they see as less of a political rival.
If the U.S. military were NOT making long-range strategic plans for any AND ALL contingencies, I would be concerned. We have "plans' for invading Canada as well as Mexico. Someone go "dig up" the "plans" for I35 from Chicago to the Mexican border with "service road" access .... as it relates to DOD strategy.

You think that was for the tourist industry....or Ford engines?

cf: Hitler's Germany + autobahn Originally Posted by LexusLover
I35 is more than 300 miles west of Chicago.
The military is training to subdue domestic unrest. Am I the only one who finds this unsettling? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Calm down sog.
They train for urban combat in war zones. The training isn't for use in the US any more than any other aspect of their training.
He is clueless, didn't serve.
Considering our overall economic situation and a need to at least monitor excessive spending, it is a scam for the military to be pissing off money on pipe dreams as a "priority" when there are other more pressing agendas for the military to address, which more likely fall into the category of "imminent threats" to our national security or "well being"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Pissing off money? How much? What contingency planning is suffering or going un-planned for because of this? What pressing agendas aren't being addressed? Isn't it worth putting 20-30 people, out of the 3+ million that work for the DoD, on this if for no other reason than to prove it's bs?

Yes ... I see you don't have an original one. Figures.

Oh, as for another "other choice" ...

.. the DOD is following Obaminable's lead and playing to you and the other whining liberals who would rather discuss anything but current events cast upon the backdrop of five plus years of floundering in "green shit" and a failed health care policy implementation on the way to a lame-ass attempt to nationalize our medical care. But continue to be diligent in your belief in incompetence. Originally Posted by LexusLover
And now the DoD plays to the liberals?
The only reason you think this is a waste is because it addresses what you consider to be a non-issue.
You would have shut down the Manhattan Project because in the 1940s there was no bigger pipe dream than a nuke. You would have said train more grunts. They're cheap, it's proven they work, and we have millions.