Do you hobby when your significant other is around?

That's what I'm starting to lean towards. I love the Dallas landscape, but I can see where there could be problems when the SO arrives. Originally Posted by Soonerman12
Thats always when the problems start! LOL

I have found over the years that an SO really gets in the way of my selfishness!
That's what I'm starting to lean towards. I love the Dallas landscape, but I can see where there could be problems when the SO arrives. Originally Posted by Soonerman12
Living in Dallas and hobbying somewhere else? Talk about not using the gifts given to you! It's like living with Willy Wonka and not eating sweets.

If you can do it, my hat's off to you. If I still lived there, the girls would have more money, I'd be completely broke, and I'd be very happy. The ladies there are very special. Don't miss them if you can figure out another way.
Living in Dallas and hobbying somewhere else? Talk about not using the gifts given to you! It's like living with Willy Wonka and not eating sweets.

If you can do it, my hat's off to you. If I still lived there, the girls would have more money, I'd be completely broke, and I'd be very happy. The ladies there are very special. Don't miss them if you can figure out another way. Originally Posted by JDNorthface
Excellent point!
  • Old-T
  • 11-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry, but assuming a guy is mobile I just can't see that. I'm sure Dallas has some nice ladies, but so do most large cities. To me the chances of running into someone at the wrong time is too high when there is no need for that risk--I'm not in this for the adrenalin rush.

Last week I was out at dinner in NYC with a friend. We're at a small non-hot-spot restaurant when two business colleagues walk past the table, stop to talk, and are obviously wondering who the stunning lady is. Neither of the men lives in NY, they too were there for work. That sort of thing happens too often even out of town--if I did it "at home" it's a risk I would rather avoid.

As it was it was a non problem because of the lady I was with, but I do prefer dinner dates and with someone I don't know well enough to pull it off spontaneously it seems a dumb risk to take.
I'm sorry, but assuming a guy is mobile I just can't see that. I'm sure Dallas has some nice ladies, but so do most large cities. To me the chances of running into someone at the wrong time is too high when there is no need for that risk--I'm not in this for the adrenalin rush.

... Originally Posted by Old-T
Agreed. And certainly not to slight the wonderful extra-Dallas ladies. I simply mean that one can enjoy both without being locally-celibate!

Your point is excellent. Restaurants have a higher-than-usual incidence rate of random encounters with acquaintances. I enjoy dinner dates but those are restricted to carefully selected locations. In-room dining also provides an excellent choice in some hotels.