best fried chicken in SA

• Tkbob
  • 07-23-2015, 06:23 PM
Whiskey Cake at La Cantera has the best Chicken & Waffles.
Chicken Express best for fried chicken
I guess I will be eating a lot of fried chicken this weekend. Thanks for the input everyone.
Bill Millers for everyday and quick food. But I vote with Slave G on Earl Abel's as the best. Just like mom used to make and all of the sides are as good. And to make yourself a blimp don't forget the pie. It is some of the best in town!
So, not to get off topic but has anyone tried the CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN/ CHICKEN FRIED STEAK from LULU'S CAFE & BAKERY off of Main Street in SA? They have been on MAN VS FOOD and if you love a GREAT CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN OR STEAK then I HIGHLY recommend them for some DAYUM GOOD EATIN'!! YUMMY!!
Originally Posted by Slave Guinevere
Yes! I personally like them and their chicken fried chicken/steaks also (possibly on topic on the premise of chicken? lol). Whether u like gravy or queso on them is up to u, I will vouch for the queso on either and dip ur steak fries in it. But yep, one of my favs & been there a ton!
ME!!! ME!!! LOL... I love EARL ABEL'S but I have to tell you that as a born and bred SOUTHERN GAL you guys and gals are going to make me FAT!! LOL... After reading this thread I had to go and TRY BILL MILLER'S fried chicken... Although, I sort of CHEATED and I got their CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS and I thought that they were DELICIOUS...

To me they tasted A LOT like the batter that CHICKEN EXPRESS uses and I am a HUGE FAN of CHICKEN EXPRESS!! Give me some FRIED CHICKEN GIZARDS & GREEN BEANS and I am a HAPPY HO!!

So, not to get off topic but has anyone tried the CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN/ CHICKEN FRIED STEAK from LULU'S CAFE & BAKERY off of Main Street in SA? They have been on MAN VS FOOD and if you love a GREAT CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN OR STEAK then I HIGHLY recommend them for some DAYUM GOOD EATIN'!! YUMMY!!
Originally Posted by Slave Guinevere
Lulus is very good but I prefer Tip Top for chicken fried steak. :-)
Anyone remember Speedys fried chicken on SW Military? It's closed now but the fried chicken was goooood and they served cherry and grape Kool aid with your meal!
On another note if you like bbq pulled pork go to Senor Pinky's on Blanco!!! Pure Awesomeness!! And your meal come with grape kool aid!
  • Mokoa
  • 07-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Speaking of chicken fried steak on SW Military...

Bud Jones!
I made the trek down to Chatham Chicken today for the first time. It was interesting. Nice big pieces cooked right.

When you order lemon pepper or spicy chicken, they literally just take the regular fried chicken and sprinkle seasoning over it, which I didn't care for.
Popo's in Comfort. Hands down. Worth the drive. Best ever. And I lived in Georgia for 12 years.
Mrs. Kitchen soul food resturant and bakery
2242 e commerce

The food here is DOPE! Fried pork chops,catfish,collard greens candied yams, humming bird cake and the best fried chicken I've had anywhere hands down! Fresh big pieces, home cooked not over rated franchise shit most are used too around here.
Earl Ables
Today I ate C&W @ the Whiskey Cake, in La Cantera. I enjoyed their chicken and waffles very much.
I'd recommend them also...
  • Gumbo
  • 07-26-2015, 06:19 PM
I love Hot Joy's twice fried chicken wings. They caramelize crab fat, which sounds & smells kinda funky, but tastes delicious. They usually serve food until almost 2am for all my fellow night owls.
is there a way to turn this into a poll. I need a priority list
Mrs Kitchen, Chatman's, Mr. & Mrs G's, Popeyes, Churches, Goodtime Charlies, Max W & D, KFC, Bill Millers, Golden Chicken.
Food truck.... "The Birdman's Coupe"