Can a Hobbiest Run a Tab

Ummm I don't think that's a good idea, just leaves the door open for to many possibility's...
Just curious as I am waiting on my tax refund which will go to 3-5 sessions. Do any of the ladies allow the gents to run a tab? Originally Posted by SARufus
gtfo! you made that chit up!!!!

straight face - no money no honey you know the rules. Unless you have an insane amount of collateral … hell naw!

I swear y'all are running amok!!!! Originally Posted by *.EnticingOrchids.*
rotflmao!!! it can't be for real
I let a very long-standing client have a bbbj session one late night with pay to be given later. I trusted him and sure enough he settled up about two weeks later (we both had RL stuff getting in the way of meeting up). He offered to deposit into my bank account but I didn't feel comfortable with that.

So short answer: No, I wouldn't let a hobbyist run a tab. BUT on the rarest of occasions IF a hobbyist in good standing with me told me in advance that he would have to settle up the donation at a later date, I may consider it.

Caveats might entail fewer services provided, a shorter session, whatever.
Meeting one Provider for the first time, I didn't realize she had a tiered system. Trusted me to get funds later for next level service. Had it and some thank you gifts returned within the hour.
gtfo! you made that chit up!!!!
Originally Posted by Gorgeous_Boriqua
That is correct - I made that chit up. I've read a couple of different times where hobbiest have lend money out to providers. I was just curious if it worked the other way around. Interesting enough, I did have one provider offer to let me run a tab and I have never met her before. Don't pm for her name as I'm not going to say. She is on my to do list and I won't be running a tab.
Then she is not running a business she's running a charity!! That is unfortunate, you should link her to some of the threads that allow her to expand....
  • anita
  • 03-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Lol. No. Just see me when you have the money. You could also pay for two sessions up front, so there is no need to stop at the bank on the second session.
Then she is not running a business she's running a charity!! Originally Posted by *.EnticingOrchids.*
She is, in fact, running a business. And a huge part of any business is customer acquisition cost.

She has decided "service on credit" is a cost she's willing to pay to introduce her business to a potentially loyal customer. Hopefully, for her sake, she's making these offers judiciously.

It's unlikely her's is a wise strategy — it is certainly risky. Although on second thought, if we are to believe the OP, she has increased the likelihood of gaining his business with only the offer of loaned services — she hasn't actually had to loan him a thing. Maybe there is method to her madness?

But I think only she could accurately report her results and whether she's succeeded or failed. Let's hope for the best.