THE NEPAL EARTHQUAKE WAS CAUSED BY WHAT ????????????

Explain the dangers of fracking on the environment?

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
What he said. Google it and do your own goddamn research. I'm not your fucking research monkey. I already know what fracking does. I don't need to read about it. You're the one who doesn't know, so go bone up on it.
I'm in favor of alternative energy sources. I think it's ridiculous that we are still using oil and coal, which is a 19th century fuel. I can't be certain, but I think the oil companies have been suppressing alternative technology for decades. They have too much influence over government. But I don't support that because of "climate change".
I'm in favor of alternative energy sources. I think it's ridiculous that we are still using oil and coal, which is a 19th century fuel. I can't be certain, but I think the oil companies have been suppressing alternative technology for decades. They have too much influence over government. But I don't support that because of "climate change". Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Support it for whatever reason you want. The oil companies have absolutely been suppressing any alternative, for years. Wouldn't you, if you made billions?
What he said. Google it and do your own goddamn research. I'm not your fucking research monkey. I already know what fracking does. I don't need to read about it. You're the one who doesn't know, so go bone up on it. Originally Posted by WombRaider
I know what it does. Even if you do know what it does to the environment you probably couldn't explain you self absorbed little piece of shit.

Jim
I'm going out on a limb and saying he didn't go to college. He made it on his own and now he shits on those who are academics. Originally Posted by WombRaider
You are correct, I never went to college.

I did, however, pay for college degrees at major Texas universities for my deceased wife, my daughter, my son-in-law, and my sister in law. You can do the math on that.
Those are only partially true. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Talk about not understanding science, or weather, or climate, or common sense...
I'm in favor of alternative energy sources. I think it's ridiculous that we are still using oil and coal, which is a 19th century fuel. I can't be certain, but I think the oil companies have been suppressing alternative technology for decades. They have too much influence over government. But I don't support that because of "climate change". Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Who is to say that coal and oil are 19th century fuel? That is a cute bumper sticker philosophy but reality is different. Coal has been around a long time, fossil oil about 170 years, whale oil's time has passed but what else do we have with the left wing environmentalists stopping the construction of nuclear reactors or the building of wasted storage sites. My guess is that oil is both a 20th century fuel and a 21st century fuel source (natural gas too).
Just because science says something is a possibility doesn't mean it's a fact. Nobody reads it that way but you, Whir-LIE-turd. And of course, your ass licking blow buddy, the smelly old Turdfly.

This discussion is yet another example of Whir-LIE-turd pushing something out of context into a frothing, spewing, screaming argument that most likely will wind up with multiple posters being called "faggot" or something else by IBIdiot and his pals.

I haven't read this thread since the beginning but I'll be surprised if that hasn't already happened.m
  • shanm
  • 05-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Who is to say that coal and oil are 19th century fuel? That is a cute bumper sticker philosophy but reality is different. Coal has been around a long time, fossil oil about 170 years, whale oil's time has passed but what else do we have with the left wing environmentalists stopping the construction of nuclear reactors or the building of wasted storage sites. My guess is that oil is both a 20th century fuel and a 21st century fuel source (natural gas too). Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Well duh! can someone tell JDIdiot that we are already in the 21st century. He seems to have forgotten.

The reasoning against non-renewable energy sources is in their name. they are NON-RENEWABLE. Whether it be a hundred years or a thousand, there will be a time when we run out of them.

The scientific minds that advocate alternative energy are doing it because they, first and foremost, want humanity to survive beyond that horizon.

We should be applauding people like Elon Musk. What he, and people like him are doing, will benefit generations upon generations of human beings, after we are all dead and gone.
Let's just that it wouldn't surprise me if the oil companies were suppressing technology that would provide abundant, cheap energy for all. Nope, it sure wouldn't.
Doubtful. This kind of thinking is 20th century old. Nowadays there is way too much start up investor capital with appropriate levels of political clout to over ride and out fox that kind of paradigm.

And if that kind of technology can't break thru in the US ; there are plenty of other countries that it could be launched from.

Let's just that it wouldn't surprise me if the oil companies were suppressing technology that would provide abundant, cheap energy for all. Nope, it sure wouldn't. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Doubtful. This kind of thinking is 20th century old. Nowadays there is way too much start up investor capital with appropriate levels of political clout to over ride and out fox that kind of paradigm.

And if that kind of technology can't break thru in the US ; there are plenty of other countries that it could be launched from. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Seriously? We go to WAR for the oil companies! You think someone could get past them with just a good idea and a few grand? Not happening.
You're an idiot.
  • shanm
  • 05-03-2015, 12:23 AM
You're an idiot. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I agree. You're an idiot.
You are correct, I never went to college.

I did, however, pay for college degrees at major Texas universities for my deceased wife, my daughter, my son-in-law, and my sister in law. You can do the math on that. Originally Posted by Jackie S
We were discussing your personal experience. Which I called correctly.