WEINER'S PENIS PHOTO DISPUTE TO BE SETTLED IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT

• WTF
  • 06-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Most any other public employee, whether it be a school teacher, a school janitor, policeman, soldier, etc., would be fired for this type of transgression. He was selected to be above the mean; therefore, shouldn't he be held to at least the same standard as these other public employees? Besides, his behavior typifies more an audacious arrogance (much, much too common in DC) than a weakness. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
He is elected. This is politics. If he can hang on without the DNC asking him to leave, the voters in his district can decide, just like they did with Vitter from La.

You seem to pick and choose who should resign depending on party affilation. I may be mistaken but that is how it appears to me. So were I advising him, I would say ignore folks like you but listen to your party leardership.
One distinction I see between Weiner and Vitter is that Vitter was partaking of a service, much like anyone of us guys here. It may be "illegal" and put him in trouble with his wife, but he wasn't trying to get someone to fuck him for free because he was a Congressman and "famous". Weiner on the other hand was playing off the stature of his office -- which at best is creepy.
  • WTF
  • 06-09-2011, 09:47 AM
One distinction I see between Weiner and Vitter is that Vitter was partaking of a service, much like anyone of us guys here. It may be "illegal" and put him in trouble with his wife, but he wasn't trying to get someone to fuck him for free because he was a Congressman and "famous". Weiner on the other hand was playing off the stature of his office -- which at best is creepy. Originally Posted by pjorourke

You find creepy worse than illegal?

Maybe tha is why it better left up to the voters of his district?

This story will go away soon enough.
He is elected. This is politics. If he can hang on without the DNC asking him to leave, the voters in his district can decide, just like they did with Vitter from La.

You seem to pick and choose who should resign depending on party affilation. I may be mistaken but that is how it appears to me. So were I advising him, I would say ignore folks like you but listen to your party leardership. Originally Posted by WTF
Vitter shouldn't be there either - how's that for being consistent!
You find creepy worse than illegal?

Maybe tha is why it better left up to the voters of his district?

This story will go away soon enough. Originally Posted by WTF
It's not the creepiness dude. It's the arrogance of conceit and power!
It's not the creepiness dude. it's the arrogance of conceit and power! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Word!
  • WTF
  • 06-09-2011, 12:16 PM
They are all that way. Weiner was just plain stupid way dumber that Vitter imho.
Fact is: Republicans caught - Resign Democrats caught - stay in office and complain that it was somebody else's fault.

That's just the way it is!!
  • WTF
  • 06-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Fact is: Republicans caught - Resign Democrats caught - stay in office and complain that it was somebody else's fault.

That's just the way it is!! Originally Posted by John Bull

Vitter did not resign.
Don't know him or what happened. Take your word for it. Barney Frank didn't either. Neither did Chris Dodd. My two trumps your Vitter. LOL
  • WTF
  • 06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Vitter shouldn't be there either - how's that for being consistent! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Why not, the people re-elected him after the fact?

Let the people in their district vote them out is how I see it.

How is that for being consistant?

If they become a big enough libality to their party, the party cheifs will make them resign, or wish they had!
But Vitter has actually been re-elected.
  • WTF
  • 06-09-2011, 01:05 PM
But Vitter has actually been re-elected. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Yea and he did not resign before that re-election.

Damn this ain't rocket science.

Let Weiner face his voters. Let them decide. If they vote him out, fine, if not fine. Just like Vitter!
  • WTF
  • 06-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Don't know him or what happened. Take your word for it. Barney Frank didn't either. Neither did Chris Dodd. My two trumps your Vitter. LOL Originally Posted by John Bull
Duke Cunningham trumps'em all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Cunningham

He didn't resign until he plead guilty!
Duke Cunningham trumps'em all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Cunningham

He didn't resign until he plead guilty! Originally Posted by WTF
"Cunningham resigned from the House on November 28, 2005, after pleading guilty to accepting at least $2.4 million in bribes and under-reporting his income for 2004. He pleaded guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud and tax evasion. On March 3, 2006, he received a sentence of eight years and four months in prison and an order to pay $1.8 million in restitution."

Yup & he and the pedophile from Palm Beach were a big part of why the Reps lost the House in 2006.

At this point, its better for the R's to have the wiener boy twisting in the wind.