Equal taxes for every one?

• grean
  • 10-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Before the common man began 'filing' income taxes in the 1930s, our federal government had the authority to printing fiat money. There were roads, we had a standing military, and the congressmen were paid salaries. There has never been any real connection between income tax revenue and federal spending. Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner
Prior to 1933, there was no fiat money because the dollar was tied to gold.

After 1971, every dollar bill out there was fiat.

The only value it held after that was simply that the government said it would back it.
  • grean
  • 10-26-2018, 08:57 AM
the Federal Government still prints fiat money. income taxes pay a small portion of total government spending. the rest is "borrowed" from US Citizens and Foreigners alike, but no money changes hands, no currency is printed. instead an accounting entry debits "cash" on the Government ledger, with a corresponding "accounts payable" on the credit side. that accounts payable amount now sums to more than $20 trillion, which worries many, but it shouldn't.. because it was never more than an accounting entry, and will remain as such. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
What if China decides to unload their investment? Suddenly we must credit the cash account, adding how ever many real Dollars to the economy and scuttling it's value, no?
Big talk, Marshall.

Lot of it this morning.

The check must be late. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
People who have done, and continue to do, big things talk BIG!

That includes service to my country, even if my country possesses worthless pieces of shit...
Are you suggesting that US servicemembers should not be paid for their efforts?

We contract years of their lives to serve this nation, and most of us do not pay income taxes.

In your mind, does 'fair' mean that we should NOT pay our servicemembers? Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner

How did you get that from me saying what i said?

Politicians in congress, last time I checked make 175k annually and wait for it....They get RETIREMENT BENEFITS!

They do have to serve 25 years before getting those benefits. However, one big cause of our current state is the life long politician.

I thought they could get retirement after serving only 1 term?
What if China decides to unload their investment? Suddenly we must credit the cash account, adding how ever many real Dollars to the economy and scuttling it's value, no? Originally Posted by grean
no.. because the value is tied to bond prices. if they sell too much at one time, the value will be near worthless to them, because nobody will pay anything close to par value.
  • grean
  • 10-26-2018, 06:37 PM
no.. because the value is tied to bond prices. if they sell too much at one time, the value will be near worthless to them, because nobody will pay anything close to par value. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

Fair point.
The money (special interest polluting corporations) have been buying votes for years. Cruz is owned by big oil and admits it in his ads.

Vote BETO...it's not polluted rocket science ugh.
If you feel like supporting thousands of illegal aliens then vote for him. He is a weak poser that will give our country away for a taco.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...oney-than-ever
If the U.S. were to tax the money sent back home by illegals the wall could be paid for.
How did you get that from me saying what i said?

I thought they could get retirement after serving only 1 term? Originally Posted by garhkal
They have to be at or over the age of 62, along with a minimum of 5 years of service for the pension. They are eligible for early retirement at 57 and it's benefits but no pension.

The 25 years is for Federal Employees that aren't Congressional. This is in accordance of the Civil Service Retirement System and Federal Employee Retirement System. The absolute minimum service possible of 3 terms in the house, at retirement age, would net like 15 grand a year if I recall correctly. The 130,000 pension is possible but is rare. You need to hold office for a LONG time. Hopefully that clears some information up.
The way the electoral college system works, a vote for Gary Johnson, or any other Candidate besides President Trump was a vote for Hillary. Originally Posted by Jackie S

I disagree with that thinking..

you're insulting the voters who did not like Hillary or Trump picked other candidates besides Hillary and Trump.

a wasted vote it is not.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...oney-than-ever
If the U.S. were to tax the money sent back home by illegals the wall could be paid for. Originally Posted by tucson
A lot of things would be paid for.