"Pre-existing Conditions"?

Gotta wonder who would want to walk over 1,000 miles to become the object of so many’s hatred. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I agree - so why don't you get in a helicopter, fly over to the caravan, and tell them that the US is filled with a bunch of white, hateful racist motherfuckers.

Also, tell them that they suppress wages and are only going to do shitty jobs that Americans wouldn't do for the shitty pay with no benefits the Americans that they work for will pay, in most cases.
  • WTF
  • 10-30-2018, 03:05 PM

Also, tell them that they suppress wages and are only going to do shitty jobs that Americans wouldn't do for the shitty pay with no benefits the Americans that they work for will pay, in most cases. Originally Posted by friendly fred
So you believe in a living minimum wage?

You do know that limiting the labor supply has the same effect as raising the minimum wage?

Neither are free market principles, you're bright enough to know that right?

I have you in the bright guy category.
I agree - so why don't you get in a helicopter, fly over to the caravan, and tell them that the US is filled with a bunch of white, hateful racist motherfuckers.

Also, tell them that they suppress wages and are only going to do shitty jobs that Americans wouldn't do for the shitty pay with no benefits the Americans that they work for will pay, in most cases. Originally Posted by friendly fred
You should hire a smart lawyer and make that happen.

Know any?
So you believe in a living minimum wage?

You do know that limiting the labor supply has the same effect as raising the minimum wage?

Neither are free market principles, you're bright enough to know that right?

I have you in the bright guy category. Originally Posted by WTF
Yes I believe in a living wage and I know suppressing the supply of labor raises wages. I would say that perfectly follows free market theory, but a guy in my local bar told me that Adam Smith specifically stated that he opposed third world immigration of unskilled poor people, owing to the wealth suppression of the entire class of native poor people. So in that respect I think we can agree free market principles remain intact.

That is exactly what I want to happen.
You should hire a smart lawyer and make that happen.

Know any? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Racehorse Haynes?

That guy was really smart, but his pre existing condition has done him in.
  • WTF
  • 10-31-2018, 07:57 AM
, but a guy in my local bar told me that Adam Smith specifically stated that he opposed third world immigration of unskilled poor people, Originally Posted by friendly fred
Was it a gay bar? Regardless your friend got Adam Smith wrong...may I suggest you read the following link.
https://cei.org/blog/adam-smiths-rec...al-immigration

Racehorse Haynes?

That guy was really smart, but his pre existing condition has done him in. Originally Posted by friendly fred
His "smartness" was in case selection. ("Pick your battles"!)

He allowed his subordinates to handle the culls.
His "smartness" was in case selection. ("Pick your battles"!)

He allowed his subordinates to handle the culls. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Smart strategy - why take on the loser cases?
Smart strategy - why take on the loser cases? Originally Posted by friendly fred
"If one has lemons, make lemonade"!

The delicious wins are the ones no one believes you will win.

Ask Mr. Trump!!!!! He's batting 1,000 in the "World Series" of politics.
Was it a gay bar? Regardless your friend got Adam Smith wrong...may I suggest you read the following link.
https://cei.org/blog/adam-smiths-rec...al-immigration

. Originally Posted by WTF
Adam Smith "pre-existed" the 16th Amendment and the New Deal. Adam Smith knew nothing of a New Deal, post 16th Amendment society; hence, trying to apply his advice to a modern, social welfare society is trying to assemble a 2018 piece puzzle with 1776 pieces: it's an incomplete picture which reveals several holes in the argument.
  • WTF
  • 10-31-2018, 12:39 PM
Adam Smith knew nothing of a New Deal, post 16th Amendment society; hence, trying to apply his advice to a modern, social welfare society is trying to assemble a 2018 piece puzzle with 1776 pieces: it's an incomplete picture which reveals several holes in the argument. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I did not bring Adam Smith up , I just correct FF false narrative that his bar buddy had of him.

Personally, I'd trade 10 posters in this forum for one hard-working Honduran.

We make enough swaps of our old white men for some young hard workers coming from central america we actually could MAGA!

Hell I'd swap ff for a good goat and laying hen.
I did not bring Adam Smith up , I just correct FF false narrative that his bar buddy had of him.

Personally, I'd trade 10 posters in this forum for one hard-working Honduran.

We make enough swaps of our old white men for some young hard workers coming from central america we actually could MAGA!

Hell I'd swap ff for a good goat and laying hen. Originally Posted by WTF
Your denial is invalid. You might want to check the title of the article you cited.

America can't be made great again by people who refuse to assimilate; export money and its associated tax revenue; and bear allegiance to the laws and policies of other countries over those instituted in this country.

The old, white men who defended this country "pre-existed" those who seek to benefit from the sacrifices made by those old, white men. It's the old, white men who deserve to reap the reward of their labor and sacrifice; not the gate-crashing, bomb-throwing, poison-peddling malefactors from third world countries.
  • WTF
  • 10-31-2018, 01:09 PM
Your denial is invalid. You might want to check the title of the article you cited.

America can't be made great again by people who refuse to assimilate; export money and its associated tax revenue; and bear allegiance to the laws and policies of other countries over those instituted in this country.

The old, white men who defended this country "pre-existed" those who seek to benefit from the sacrifices made by those old, white men. It's the old, white men who deserve to reap the reward of their labor and sacrifice; not the gate-crashing, bomb-throwing, poison-peddling malefactors from third world countries.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Those old white men could make this country great by offing themselves and freeing up that money that would go to keep them on a ventilator to pay down the military debt they didn't pay for.

To sum up...they didn't pay enought into SS or Medicare and no where near enough in taxes to pay for the military they bought.

Fuck'em, give me some productive harf working Mexicans

Die already is my motto.

MAGA, die already!
Yeah, IBH, let’s hear it for the PAST!

Can’t stop the clock, no matter how mournfully you try.
  • oeb11
  • 10-31-2018, 05:26 PM
Maybe your friend is worrying about the wrong thing vis a vis vaccinations.

But we ought to require immigrants be vaccinated in order to gain entrance to the country. If they’re not vaccinated, we should vaccinate them. I would not have a problem with that.

Is that what you’re talking g about LL? Kinda hard to extract an actual topic from your post. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

FYI - YR - The US government requires vaccination for immigrants - and has for years. You are right that immigrants should be vaccinated to prevent the spread of disease in the US.

Please see CDC web site for a detailed outline of required vaccinations for immigrants. It is extensive. A short version from the site below:
What vaccines are required for U.S. immigration?

At this time,* vaccines for these diseases are currently required for U.S. immigration:
  • Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza
Immigration and public health is a complex problem.
And NO- vaccines do not cause autism. Completely discredited.
In reference to a comment in this thread - not one of your comments, YR
I am qualified to comment on this matter.