Ukraine is lost

How much of Ukraine is destroyed?
How much of Ukraine is destroyed? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I understand the point of your rhetorical question. Do you understand mine? Let's just say the damage to Ukraine is 'X'. Traditional Russian ROE would have resulted in X^2 worth of damage to Ukraine. (See below).

My point is that by aiding Ukraine, the US is hurting American citizens. And likely contributing to the coming starvation in the third world. We're likely to see food shortages,Africa is likely to experience starvation on a scale that makes "live Aid" look like someone missed a meal.

Why EXACTLY should the US aid Ukraine to its detriment? And make no mistake, the US govt. and NATO are spoiling for a war to distract citizens from the privations they are about to experience and NONE of it had to happen. Inept leadership is the cause of all of it.

This is what REAL Russian military activity results in.
Perhaps you ought to take a look at Mariupol.

The only way there will be mass starvation in Africa is if Joe Biden, and his puppet masters, are completely evil. There is enough excess cereal grain production in the US to feed all of Africa(more than Ukraine produces by a bit). That food would be freed up by reducing ethanol production.

The U.S. is not being put at risk by defending Ukraine. The US is at risk because we are being led by fundamentally (evil or incompetent or both) fascist bigots down a path of fantasy. Those leaders aren't providing Ukraine with support because they believe they are doing the right thing. They are doing so because there would be a mob at their doors if they didn't.
Perhaps you ought to take a look at Mariupol. Originally Posted by kehaar
Show me...
The only way there will be mass starvation in Africa is if Joe Biden, and his puppet masters, are completely evil. Originally Posted by kehaar
You have actually seen Biden attempt to form a coherent sentence, right?
There is enough excess cereal grain production in the US to feed all of Africa(more than Ukraine produces by a bit). Originally Posted by kehaar
Heh... you think? Where is Africa getting its grain imports from now? What happens when fertilizer restrictions are placed? (That's coming in case you haven't figured it out)
That food would be freed up by reducing ethanol production. Originally Posted by kehaar
LOL... yeah that's not going to happen either.
The U.S. is not being put at risk by defending Ukraine. Originally Posted by kehaar
Really because I keep seeing Democrats blaming Putin for inflation, fuel prices, you name it. You're just simply wrong if you don't think US citizens are being put at risk by sending arms and getting engaged in defending Ukraine. Try reading article 5 of the NATO treaty... then tell me what Lithuania is doing again.. is Lithuania a NATO member? I forgot... maybe you can tell me...
The US is at risk because we are being led by fundamentally (evil or incompetent or both) fascist bigots down a path of fantasy. Originally Posted by kehaar
No disagreement there... but I think you mean a different path than the one I want.
Those leaders aren't providing Ukraine with support because they believe they are doing the right thing. Originally Posted by kehaar
And why SHOULD the US be providing for Ukraines defense? Why didn't Ukraine do that for themselves? Why does the US have any obligation to defend foreign soil?
They are doing so because there would be a mob at their doors if they didn't. Originally Posted by kehaar
What mob? what are you even talking about?
NATO doesn't understand logistics. which is why we mustn't get into a European land war. (or Asian for that matter)

The much-ballyhooed supply of “heavy weapons” from the West that both Zelensky and Arestovych claim is coming will not be enough to turn the tide. Not even close. Zelensky advisor Mykhailo Podolyak correctly noted that the minimum needed by Ukraine to have a chance at reaching parity with the Russian invaders would require modern kit in the range of 1,000 howitzers, 500 tanks, and 300 rocket launchers.

As detailed by The Kiel Institute for the World Economy, the sum total of all heavy weapons delivered or promised by the West through last week’s G7 and NATO summits amounts to a paltry 175 howitzers, 250 Soviet-era tanks, and an anemic dozen or so rocket launchers. To date, no other help is being considered.
What nobody seems to be discussing is how many lives have been lost and how many more have been ruined.

That's the cost here, imho. Not down the line, but today. Long range vision is important, but there's colossal loss of life here.
All could be avoided absent Biden
UN Human Rights Report Shows Ukraine Military Used Nursing Home Residents as Human Shields

Document

Those are some right awesome folks y'all want to spend our cash supporting!! lol. You got hoodwinked by the Propaganda.