"Scared to Death" Speech

You are right on, I agree with you a 100% Rider they just love their Diaper Don for what ever reason it is, only knuckle heads can answer that 😉.
Fear mongering? Really?

The horrors mentioned in the President’s speech are REAL!

We’ve seen them play out over the past 6 years. In real time. And the continued assault on Americans continue now as more and more venom spews forth from the Jordans, Gaetzs, Cruzs and Grahams of the world. The continued incitement to violence. The endless conspiracy theories. And the fact that millions of Americans have been conditioned to believe that the DOJ, DHS, FBI, IRS and CDC are the enemies of the people. Not to mentioned the media.

Roe v Wade was the last straw

It ain’t propaganda when it’s real. You swallowed it.

You should thank POTUS for sticking a much needed finger down your throats. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
They’re only real to dummies, nobody else cares about some wackjobs taking selfies at Pelosi’s desk.

And threats of violence? LMFAO! The Geriatric in Chief just threatened to use the military against half the country. That’d be a REALLY bad idea, like most of the shit Joe’s puppet masters write for him.
  • WTF
  • 09-02-2022, 10:42 AM
Some other guy once gave a speech demonizing huge swathes of the population. Can’t remember his name, but he had a funny little mustache. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
That wasn't a mustache, that was a smear from Stormy Daniel's brown hole.
"I saw a clip of Biden’s speech. He said Republicans want to deprive Americans of the right to privacy, contraception and to marry who they love"

Perfect example of the root fuel feeding the fodder here and the skewing of fact that is rampant. I saw a "clip"....where did you see that clip, and what was the bias of that source? Did you actually listen to the clip, even if it was unedited and presented within the context of it's entirety, or did your biases engage selective hearing....or worse, purposely discard what you didn't want to hear?

I wasn't able to hear the speech, but I did READ the entire transcript this morning. A
link to the transcript is here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/u...ranscript.html

If you take the time to READ the transcript, you will find that, in fact, President Biden did NOT state that all Republicans want to deprive the rights addressed. He DID state that the MAGA sect of Republicans want to do so. The delineation of MAGA Republicans from others in the party was carefully defined in the beginning (might not have been shown in the "clip") and carefully adhered to throughout the speech, which is quite wise politically.

READING is fundamental, especially reading the entire text, not just a paragraph. The criticism was directed specifically toward the MAGA sect, not all Republicans.

If the shoe fits, then wear it.
  • Tiny
  • 09-02-2022, 12:43 PM
What would you suggest he say to people that

Keep lying about the 2020 election

Pass laws that make abortion illegal with minimal exceptions if any

Want the Supreme Court to revisit access to contraception

Attack the US Capitol in an attempt to stop the peaceful transfer of power

Threaten violence when the lose any election

Gimme some uniting words Tiny. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Your last three points apply to a very small percentage of the population Blackman. As to the first two, he should do as Michelle Obama suggested, take the high road. Use reasoned debate. Attack the problem, not 30% of America, who he represents.

Uniting words? Respect the personal freedoms of others, and the rule of law. Realize that the concerns of Progressive Democrats and Trumpsters about elections are way overblown. They're mostly free and fair, and measures like voter ID both ensure they will remain that way, and give more people confidence in the integrity of the system. On the whole, our democratic instincts and institutions are strong, and no one's going to steal a presidential election.

He's not really interested in that. Biden is nothing but a dam fraud. Instead of trying to speak words to inspire he talks smack about a possible political opponent and those that may support him. Then he taunts conservatives stating they need more than a gun to over throw the Government. Biden is a total idiot, he's going to end up getting people killed. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Yes, while Michelle Obama told her fellow party members to take the high road, some interpreted that to mean treat the other side with sanctimony. Biden didn't used to be that way. But he's changed. Fortunately his deeds haven't matched his recent words, and he hasn't embarked on an "ends justify the means" pogrom (figuratively speaking), like some of his colleagues want him to. I'm not sure exactly what he's trying to do right now. Maybe turn out more Democrats in November. Well that can backfire, as we saw during the Georgia Senate runoffs in 2021. It can fire up the other side more. And it makes us more divided and more tribal.
I found biden to be off his rocker and divisive. Hinting at using troops against citizens. Im sick of this shit. Bring it on! Lets get this shit over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck it. Its the only way to re establish the Constitution AS WRITTEN and to restore law and order.
"Hinting at using troops against citizens."

Where is that in the transcript of th President's speech, please. I'd like to review.
I found biden to be off his rocker and divisive. Hinting at using troops against citizens. Im sick of this shit. Bring it on! Lets get this shit over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck it. Its the only way to re establish the Constitution AS WRITTEN and to restore law and order. Originally Posted by winn dixie
He did not say that. Nor did he hint at that shit.

Someone obviously lied to you again. Read the transcript and own this.

Don’t do something Stupid.
  • Tiny
  • 09-02-2022, 01:03 PM
"I saw a clip of Biden’s speech. He said Republicans want to deprive Americans of the right to privacy, contraception and to marry who they love"

Perfect example of the root fuel feeding the fodder here and the skewing of fact that is rampant. I saw a "clip"....where did you see that clip, and what was the bias of that source? Did you actually listen to the clip, even if it was unedited and presented within the context of it's entirety, or did your biases engage selective hearing....or worse, purposely discard what you didn't want to hear?

I wasn't able to hear the speech, but I did READ the entire transcript this morning. A
link to the transcript is here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/u...ranscript.html

If you take the time to READ the transcript, you will find that, in fact, President Biden did NOT state that all Republicans want to deprive the rights addressed. He DID state that the MAGA sect of Republicans want to do so. The delineation of MAGA Republicans from others in the party was carefully defined in the beginning (might not have been shown in the "clip") and carefully adhered to throughout the speech, which is quite wise politically.

READING is fundamental, especially reading the entire text, not just a paragraph. The criticism was directed specifically toward the MAGA sect, not all Republicans.

If the shoe fits, then wear it. Originally Posted by reddog1951
Well, yes I did listen to the video, on MSNBC's web site. The article popped up on my Google News homepage. And MSNBC is indeed extremely biased, in favor of Joe Biden. I'd argue MSNBC is more biased than Fox. Unlike the traditional networks, MSNBC is essentially an advertising forum for Democrats.

https://www.msnbc.com/white-house/pr...ions-rcna45777

Yeah, Biden said "MAGA Republicans." What exactly does that mean? The majority of Republicans, wrongly in my opinion, support Trump and view him favorably. So maybe what Biden meant was "the majority of Republicans."

Well, I'm Republican. Or maybe I'm Libertarian, I don't know. I vote for more Republican candidates. And I sure as hell support contraception and the right to privacy. And my Trump loving friends do too.
So Tiny, do you honestly believe that the republicans that continue to try to overturn the election, keep yelling for violence and are acting to subvert our elections are such a small number than they should be ignored. And do you honestly believe that making a reasoned argument to them will make them see the light?
Tiny, I'm not slamming you personally. I too don't know how to label myself and have voted both parties, even Ross Perot...if anyone here remembers him. Also agree about media bias on both sides, although I think the right is far more extreme in that regard. I'm just trying to keep the record straight in regards to fact vs self-serving "exaggeration".
  • Tiny
  • 09-02-2022, 01:25 PM
So Tiny, do you honestly believe that the republicans that continue to try to overturn the election, keep yelling for violence and are acting to subvert our elections are such a small number than they should be ignored. And do you honestly believe that making a reasoned argument to them will make them see the light? Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Absolutely. There aren't that many people people trying to overturn the election, yelling for violence, and acting to subvert our elections.

Yeah, it is crazy that something like 30% of Americans believe Trump was the rightful winner. Well, back in 1970, 30% of Americans believed that Neil Armstrong never set foot on the moon:

https://www.voanews.com/a/usa_millio...x/6172262.html

This will all pass.

While I've mercilessly criticized the court system here (no offense to you), it did a great job of rejecting Rudy Giuliani's fantasies when election results were challenged. If Trump runs again, and I hope he doesn't, pro-Trump Secretaries of State and the like mostly are not going to fake election results. And if some do, they'll likely be prosecuted.
  • Tiny
  • 09-02-2022, 01:28 PM
Tiny, I'm not slamming you personally. I too don't know how to label myself and have voted both parties, even Ross Perot...if anyone here remembers him. Also agree about media bias on both sides, although I think the right is far more extreme in that regard. I'm just trying to keep the record straight in regards to fact vs self-serving "exaggeration". Originally Posted by reddog1951
Reddog, You've got a good point, about the MAGA Republicans qualifier in Biden's speech, although Biden definitely went overboard IMO. You're one of the more astute posters here, I enjoy what you write and I've never taken offense at anything you've written. Disagreed, yes, taken offense, no.
"You can't beat US (Republicans ) we have F-15's for God's sake"!

The Taliban were rolling on the floor laughing.

It's stunning how Democrats missed an entire summer of violence promoted and paid for by the Democrat party.

And Republicans are supposed to just let this go if, when they take back power? I don't think so.
"You can't beat US (Republicans ) we have F-15's for God's sake"! straight outta joeys mouff!!

Then he goes on tv with extreme propaganda lies!

Extremely divisive and dangerous rhetoric by the dems. Yes its bout time to stand up to these real insurrectionists!
dems are preparing for a full U n take over!