What to do if you are pulled over

That's true under Texas law, but that's not the case under the laws of other states. In California, for example, it's illegal to record a phone conversation unless BOTH parties to the conversation consent. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
I am in Texas

One thing I have noticed is that alot of cops get REAL defensive when you seem to know your civil rights and a decent bit about the law.

One question I have never gotten a straight answer to is this:

Your right to free speech exists, and if a cop asks you something they get REAL ticked off if you exercise your right to remain silent which THEY won't tell you about unless they are arresting. Rights exist all the time correct?

I should have the right not to say anything, whether it incriminates me or not. They can claim that I am hindering a police investigation or whatever but they have to prove I have some form of info that would assist them.

How do you prove that?

Like "destroying evidence" you burn a box of papers the cops "think" is evidence. They have not seen it yet its your property and you shred then burn it. How are you destroying "evidence" when they have no proof it is?