Romney Wins Another Poll (This is starting to get monotonous)

• Doove
  • 08-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Hmmm . . . Oh, that's right. You don't play in the grown up league. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Obviously you don't know much about football.
99 yards ain't a touchdown. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

If you start from the 2 it is lol
  • Doove
  • 08-25-2012, 09:22 AM
If you start from the 2 it is lol Originally Posted by ekim008
And if you start from the 1 yd line.

But apparently COG ain't hip to the fact that there is no starting from the 0 yd line.
Actually, many drives start behind the one yard line. But I understand that simple, common metaphors elude you.
More fun with logic and facts!

99 yards ain't a touchdown. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Actually, it is. Originally Posted by Doove
Well, not exactly.

And if you start from the 1 yd line.

But apparently COG ain't hip to the fact that there is no starting from the 0 yd line. Originally Posted by Doove
And apparently Doove ain't hip to the fact that it's possible to start from inside your own 1-yard line!

In fact, it's not all that rare. Punted footballs sometimes roll slowly toward the goal line in such a manner that they can be downed just a foot or so from the end zone. If the receiving team starts from thereand drives 99 yards , only to be stopped just short by a goal-line stand, guess what!

In other words, it ain't over when the fat lady is only in the process of warming up her vocal chords!
Actually, many drives start behind the one yard line. But I understand that simple, common metaphors elude you. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

As humor escapes you???
As humor escapes you??? Originally Posted by ekim008
Nah, I don't think it does.

In fact, I think he appreciates the humor in seeing people make simplistic, blanket (but not completely accurate) statements with apparent certitude!
  • Doove
  • 08-25-2012, 10:40 AM
And apparently Doove ain't hip to the fact that it's possible to start from inside your own 1-yard line!

In fact, it's not all that rare. Punted footballs sometimes roll slowly toward the goal line in such a manner that they can be downed just a foot or so from the end zone. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
So?

If the receiving team starts from thereand drives 99 yards , only to be stopped just short by a goal-line stand, guess what!
If a team gets credit for a 99 yard drive, guess what? They've scored a touchdown. Period. If they start on the 1/2 yd line, and end up getting stopped on the other 1/2 yd line, they get credit for 98 yds of offense. No more, no less.

Normally, that wouldn't need to be explained. But since i'm talking to someone who thinks it needs to be explained that a punt can roll and be downed inside the 1 yd line, i thought it necessary.
  • Doove
  • 08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
In fact, I think he appreciates the humor in seeing people make simplistic, blanket (but not completely accurate) statements with apparent certitude! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
I sure hope so!
Doove is from Buffalo. It's no wonder he has no idea how a touchdown is scored. I should have caught that earlier.
If a team gets credit for a 99 yard drive, guess what? They've scored a touchdown. Period. If they start on the 1/2 yd line, and end up getting stopped on the other 1/2 yd line, they get credit for 98 yds of offense. No more, no less. Originally Posted by Doove
Doove, why don't you just try thinking about what you posted and reconciling it with what you said earlier? That is, that moving the ball 99 yards is a touchdown. As is quite obvious, you can move the ball 99 yards and still fail to score a touchdown. Whether the football stat compilers credit a team with a 99 yard drive is clearly immaterial. That's just the way it breaks.

Remember this thread?

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=455840

Several of your posts demonstrated quite conclusively that your brain is a logic-free zone!

Just look at post #20, where I suggested that it was just a hunch, but I would guess that you landed a little short of scoring an 800 on the quant section of the GRE.

Doove is from Buffalo. It's no wonder he has no idea how a touchdown is scored. I should have caught that earlier. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
LOL!
Rasmussen didn't rig his polls?

How do you know anything about any of this shit, sloe joe? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I read. You should try it.
  • Doove
  • 08-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Doove, why don't you just try thinking about what you posted and reconciling it with what you said earlier? Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
I got a better idea. How about you accept the context of my comment which was a rebuttal to the comment that "99 yds is not a touchdown". "20 yards" could be a touchdown. "40 yards" could be a touchdown. So it's pretty stupid to suggest that "99 yds is not a touchdown", don'tcha think? There are a 98+ near identical football metaphors COG could have used to make his point. He chose to use the absolute dumbest and least true one of the bunch.

That is, that moving the ball 99 yards is a touchdown. As is quite obvious, you can move the ball 99 yards and still fail to score a touchdown.
You can "move the ball" 700 yards on a single drive and fail to score a touchdown. But if you get credit for a 99 yard drive, you've scored a touchdown. Period. End of argument. You're wrong.

Whether the football stat compilers credit a team with a 99 yard drive is clearly immaterial. That's just the way it breaks.
Perhaps, if you wanna talk in the most literal sense possible. But in the context of COG's metaphor, the "99 yard drive" is his whole point.

That's unless, of course, you wanna suggest that his actual point was to say "99 yds is not a touchdown, because you can actually start on the 1/2 yard line, drive 99 yds, and still fall short, even though that means you'll only get credit for 98 yards. But ignore that last part, if you please".

Remember this thread?

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=455840

Several of your posts demonstrated quite conclusively that your brain is a logic-free zone!

Just look at post #20, where I suggested that it was just a hunch, but I would guess that you landed a little short of scoring an 800 on the quant section of the GRE.
From this you segue to a post from May, on a totally unrelated topic, where you think you can pat yourself on the back?

Your narcissism is showing again CM.

Not to mention your hypocrisy.
It was a fucking metaphor, you moron.
  • Doove
  • 08-25-2012, 12:18 PM
It was a fucking metaphor, you moron. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And i simply pointed out that it was a pretty poor one.

Until you and CM decided you wanted to turn it into some major pissing match.