NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Satin
  • 03-14-2014, 06:49 PM
WTF is Rick doing? We don't have anyone!!

I assume and hope they have a plan and just clearing cap space. We now have more holes to fill than ever.....
WTF is Rick doing? We don't have anyone!!

I assume and hope they have a plan and just clearing cap space. We now have more holes to fill than ever..... Originally Posted by Satin
I kept telling my fellow Texan fans that it was going to take more than a year too turn around the Texans ....maybe three to fours years .
Damn...the Cheatriots get Revis from the Bucs & Browner from the Seahawks. FML!!!
Damn...the Cheatriots get Revis from the Bucs & Browner from the Seahawks. FML!!! Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Browner would have looked good in B&G
Bridgewater did not throw at the combine and at his pro day he stunk it up. Looked way below average.
From CBS
His ball was loose at times and wobbled into the hands of his receivers but he also showed touch in the red-zone portion of the workout, flashed deep accuracy that also lacked great timing on occasion and hit his receivers in stride while on the move in Monday's session. Overall, his footwork was not great and his timing was average to poor on some throws.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...lay-for-scouts
Too bad for Teddy B...it's not like the Texans were going to draft him anyway though
  • Satin
  • 03-17-2014, 02:04 PM
That's what he gets for waiting, should have thrown at the combine.
Well JFF and Bortles up next.....

Losing the Ninja was huge. Our DL is toast....
Yeah, next man up on DL is Jared Crick?

Running kinda thin now.
I didn't think TB was a 1st overall pick. He's really no better than Geno Smith. Smith has more meat on him, little stronger arm.
OL may bot be in as bad of shape as we think. Brendan Williams and Dave Quisenberry should both be healthy. I'm not so sure that their injuries were really bad enough to sideline them last year. Probably more of a space move. I'll be surprised if one or both don't have a breakout year.

Arian Foster is feeling his oats and hitting twitter like a MOFO. Perhaps he is fully back. We still need someone to back him up and that can assume the starting role should he go down again.

WR seems pretty strong. Not a lot of worries there.

DL is a disaster. We need a huge nose tackle to absorb the double team and free up the inside Linebackers to make plays. Daquan Jones was that kind of guy for BOB at Penn St. and a team captain. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked especially if they can trade for some extra mid round picks.

LB is also a disaster. Who knows what Cushing will really be this year. Brooks Reed keeps getting shuffled all over the place. It's time for Mercilus to become an impact player.

I like like Swearinger in the backfield and think that Kareem has come a long way but Jo Jo may have seen his best years and we've got no one worth a shit for nickle and dime packages. The secondary feels like a sieve.

Special teams have to improve. I don't know Lechler's status. Is he still under contract. If so that's a plus. I think Bullock will be a better than average kicker when it's all said and done. I think Kubiak kept running him out there. Early on he seemed shaky even though he made some kicks. Then the situations got tougher and he seemed to founder. My guess is every rookie kicker has to go through that. Some break some get their confidence. Based on how he kicked toward the end of the season I expect him to come back with confidence this year.

QB is obviously a fucked up situation. I still think that Rick is playing Shaub close to the vest if nothing else to keep the other GM's guessing what he is going to do. Remember. Day one of the Draft is only round one. That gives the other 31 teams overnight to think about what the Texans will do with the 33rd pick. One of those teams will covet a player that is still available. There is lots of time for some GM to make a crazy trade offer for that 33rd pick.

Shaub will cost the Texans 14.5 million unless they make him a June 1st cap casualty. Because some of that money is signing bonus he only costs any other team 10 million in cap if they trade. I never saw what the Raiders were willing to give up in a trade. My fear was McGlowin since he'd played for BOB. We need draft picks and lots of them, then we need to use them wisely.

There is no QB in free agency that gives me a thrill. If we draft a starting quarterback, considering all the other holes that we have. Add to that Rick Smith is making decisions with a totally different mind set than BOB. Rick wants to save his job. BOB want's to build a team his way. There may be a conflict of interests there and my guess is there are very contentious discussions on how to use that #1 pick which could very well lead to animosity between the front office and the club house. I don't think a 5 - 11 season is out of the question. Bad as I hate to admit it. CC may be right. It may be 2 - 3 years before we field a decent team. By then Indianapolis could very well be the class of the AFC.
Teddy way better than geno smith how can you judge someone from a pro day he looked nervous
Teddy way better than geno smith how can you judge someone from a pro day he looked nervous Originally Posted by jstone420
If he was was nervous on his Pro Day in his own facility how the hell will he feel against an NFL blitz. Besides, I saw TB and Geno play against eachother, they looked like the same player although Smith was bigger. Louisville won 38,35. They both played well. Geno led the Jets with no offensive weapons to an 8/8 season. Not to bad. He was picked in the second round. TBs stock is way over rated.
Teddy Bridgetitty is not a #1 overall pick. None of these guys are, JFF is the closest to being a #1 pick. With Long Dong Rick Smith at the helm we are fucked. Cleveland will take Manziel if he is available with the #4 pick.

The OL rookies of last year could be intriguing, Brennan Williams has cronic knee issues however so I don't think he is a long term solution. The Queesenberry guy did look good in the preseason last year but I can't remember his injury. Queesie was a 5th or 6th round pick so I don't know if he will dominate anybody but he did look as tho he could be decent.

Where is BT? Still holed up somewhere like the gimp in Pulp Fiction waiting for Dopey to let him out so he can toss Dopey's salad? I know the battle of rags was over long ago BT as your limp dick efforts could not compete with my Nuclear rags about you being a jizz stain that the best part of you ran down your momma's leg after your 3 pump chump of a dad dropped his tiny squirt of goo that made you. Just keep licking until you get Dopey to uncross his eyes so we can trade his sorry ass for a bag of jockstraps to avoid his cap hit.